Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Lola.....there's always room in the wagon for you! Hop on up and have a seat next to me! I agree with Dave and Gdog....don't beat yourself up....it is what it is.....tomorrow is another day!

Welcome Arrii! Best of luck to you in your journey...looking forward to hearing more from you!
    AB Club Member
    AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Hi Lola, Totally agree with everyone dont be too hard on yourself...you'll be harder on you than anyone else I know exactly how you feel, like everyone else does . xx Hi Destiniey, im actually quite positive about the whole quitting thing now!! Was never before, thought id go round and round in the same circle forever and it would take a miracle, but this site is brilliant! Its great so many ppl can get together that are all in the same boat and and encourage everyone along. I think the fact i always pretend theres nothing wrong with my drinking to everyone and certainly dont let ppl kno i drink as much has made the problem worse. Now i can actually talk about it without being judged and thats actually feels amazing and to see loads of ppl really doing well, and ppl who feel the same as i do. Im pretty sure i'll mess up now and then, im only human but id rather mess up a few times a year than every single night!

Comment

Good morning, all!

Day 5 for me, drinking my morning OJ w allinone, reflecting on how the week is going. I've really opened my eyes to the fact that moderation may not be easy, and for now just want to stay the course and get through today, toward my goal of 30 days AF. I was so sure I would put in my 30 days then easily transition to moderation but now worry that I might be prone to fail and go back to where I was. Hmmmm....maybe the fear is telling me something.

I had a talk with my daughter last night, telling her why I'm on this path and hopefully letting her see that our family is prone to alcoholism. That wasn't easy, and I think she's a little jealous that her soon to be born twin (half) brothers are going to get a more sober parent than she did. She lives with her Mom, who is honestly doing her best, but treats her as a BFF more than parenting. Let her and friends drink at her sweet 16 (huge fight when I found out) and she's gotten in trouble for drinking at school dances. Actually, according to the principle and friends, she's been the one in her group to keep a level head and babysit her wasted friends. Wonder if she got that from watching her mother or me? Anyway the discussion itself was sobering and reinforced how badly I want to avoid going back.

Good luck today, everyone. Thanks for all your support, and remember to laugh, think deep introspective thoughts and allow yourselves to be moved to tears (if the emotion comes up) and we'll all have a full day.

Dave
        Well the 1st are the hardest days don't you worry anymore.
        When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.

Comment

Hello all. Day three going well...I realize that i drink out of boredom, stress, and to celebrate. What else is there in life? Im never just plain ole happy and content...Just need to go without and see what I find out.....happy Thursday all! Hope it is a successful one for everyone.
          Be well...

Comment

Good for you dfromcc. What you did was extremely courageous. Goof for you!

Comment

One year later...

Happy late one year birthday to my thread! I am overall in a better place today then a year ago. Until I began posting here ( except for a 6 day AF period a few years ago ) I had almost zero sober days for the past decade or so. The past year, I went almost 1 mo AF... which included a sober vacation.... several runs of AF days together... Probably another 50 or so days of a couple glasses a day( big improvement ) And yes... still many drunk days ( and a drunk island vacation ).. to be perfectly honest. FAR from perfect, but as I reflect definitely better.

This year will be even better and I will continue to challenge myself to control my drinking. I love my life... including the ups and downs... I have a fabulous job... Beautiful healthy boys... And a loving ( but somewhat frustrated ) husband- who by chance just called me to make nice after yucky morning .

I truly thank everyone who has and continues to post here and for the constant encouragement to succeed by all! You are amazing people and I wish you much success.

All the best... I'll check in soon.
              Enough!
              Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Enough, I am so happy you posted. I miss you, you know ...

I started around the same time as you. I just love your honesty. I also remember our struggles in the first few takes of going cold turkey.

I had many ups and downs too. But I am still fighting.

Be well, my friend and don't be a stranger :l:h:l
                workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

I think it's time to get good old conquering up and going again! The best success I had was daily posting.... I feel the alcohol cycle going in a bad direction. No day 1's for me in a while

Why do I continue to poison myself? Can I not look at my own signature line from a year ago and realise this is insanity?

Frustrated! Support welcome.
                  Enough!
                  Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Hey there Enough - I felt the same way when I found this site last Monday while searching for help cause the all weekend bender made me soooooo sick Monday morning did not know how I even made it to work - I really struggled with fighting those demons in my head every day after work that MADE me stop at liquor store - well I failed that Monday and failed again Tuesday but then spent half the day at work Wednesday reading the posts from a thread here about why I hate - Loathe AL for some reason that gave me the strength to just drive right by - I told myself just give yourself one day off from it, just one day it will still be there tomorrow if you decide you want it, just one day, show yourself you can do one day - well it carried over to Thursday and Friday drove right by that evil store - I did trip up later that friday night a bit that rolled into Saturday but Saturday night no liquor and Sunday all day/night no liquor - Feel great this morning - keep thinking back to how dreadful I felt that last Monday and how great I feel now! The days I skipped liquor store I did have a few lite beers but beer has NEVER been a problem for me - I have no problem having just one or two - Today though I am going to try and make my first AF day...... You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

Enough, welcome back the AF wagon. Shall I put your seatbelt on?

If I may make a suggestion ... Or 2 ...

Go into the newbies nest, there is a lot of support there from people who have been sober a long time and have "specialized " in guinding AF fledglings through their first few weeks of flying AF. I am talking abou K9love, byrdielady and Lavande ... And there are a few others too.

This time you have to invest in "tools" .... Developing your mechanisms of coping with various situations AF and mostly .... Ignoring the WTF feature that seems to be built in into us lovelies who love our vino too much.

You have done the AF time before, you know the drill.

I'll be there for you all the way. I am hanging in AF Daily mostly .... Found a lovely support group when I felt ready to leave the Nest.

It is very late for me here so apologies for my ramblngs.

You have made already the biggest step ... Realizing and admitting to yourserlf that " enough is enough" ...
                      workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

welcome back Enough! Good to hear from you again!

Comment

Hi enough and everyone else. Looks like we are back to wanting to get off the booze. Ive been very quiet thinking i will just plod along having my wine and being happy. well that theory sure isnt working for me at all so here i am again. Going for day one tomorrow, have my plans in place and my walking shoes near the door. love being on here reading the threads and having the support.
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hello all!
                            Best wishes to everyone!!! Up until 2 days ago I was full circle ( as my husband pointed out correctly ) back to daily over drinking. I cut down to two glasses yesterday ( from 6 or more previously ) and am seriously ready to reclaim my unalcoholic life. For mine and my family sake I can no longer drink 1-2 bottle of wine a day.
                            E!

Comment

Hello!
                              I can really relate to the "what am I doing?". Also a 1-2 bottle of wine, gal. I know that it is having negative effects on my life, but struggle right now with Day 1.......which is an alcoholics favorite day of the week...tomorrow. Wait a minute, that might not technically be a day in the week. Anyone on Day 1 today?

Enough, your quote is so spot on.

Comment

Jumping on here - was doing some lurking as I battle on thru witching hour and see some old friends on here. I managed 66 days Nov-Jan and then failed - I thought I could become a "social drinker" after all I got well past the magic 30 days - right! WRONG! I have tried a few times since january to give up again, i have cut back a lot in comparison to before the end of 2011, but each time I relax I realise I am back to at least one bottle a night - so here I go again.
                                I do realise that daily posting and reading on MWO is tantamount to my success, and I have found a couple of threads that I am really comfy on.
                                Tomorrow it will be so good to wake up clearheaded, and not be cursing that I really do need to give up, but by the end of the day, popping to cork again - or cutting the corner off the lining of the box to drain the last bits out (after having realised tipping it back and forward was way too strenous!!)
                                tomorrow will be my day 7 - and looking forward to counting these numbers up and up!!
                                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                                X