Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, talk about memory loss - I just went back in this thread reading and enjoying and found posts I made during my AF time, including Christmas Day posts and NY promises that I have broken!!
    Saw a post from Caper "I check this thread every so often and there are so many names that haven?t been seen here for quite some time: shueaddict, crazy cat lady, SpiritGirl, not tonight, Queenbug, lifechange, Juja, scottish lass, and many others. I?m glad to see mya and FlyAway back here and on other threads. But seeing neney?s post tonight in response to Enough!?s first comments, I wonder how she and the others are doing ? hard to believe it?s been almost a year since Enough! first started this post."
    I am glad I found this again - Enough, lets do it again - my posts from back then were so happy, I need to find that again!!
    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

I'm new and so beat up!!!!

I HAVE to do this. I can't stand myself anymore and what pain I've caused my family. The quilt kills me. I drink wine by the gallon, complete blackout drinker. I would really appreciate any help, and I'll try to be helpful as well.
      MAYAROSE:new:

Comment

Welcome Mayarose! I too have been where you are many times. Go to the tool box where you will get lots of ideas to make a plan. Also, last January when I did my first quit I took the supplements. I got them at my health food store instead of ordering them here so I could start right away. I think that they helped a lot. Stay on the sight and read, read, read. That is what has helped me so much the past week. It is rough the first few days, but take it one day, hour, minute at a time. I find that if I take it a day at a time instead of thinking forever it is much easier for me and the days add up quickly. You can do! Look how many on here have and if you slip oh well just get back on the wagon. No one judges here.

Comment

Wow! Nice to see some old friends and new here! Today is day 3 sober ( not AF ) but tapered to 2 glasses each day and ready to focus on
          a healthy life. Yes, I believe for many it takes several attempts,'but I am here stronger and more determined then ever! Don't have time to say hi to everyone individually... You are in my thoughts.

Even after a super stressful morning and afternoon at work... I feel great!
          Keep it going.
          E!
          Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

S Lass... I am with you! I had the first really nice day with hubby yesterday in a while... No coincidence it was a sober one!!!! All our fights revolve around alcohol... NothIng else. What a shame it has taken me so long.
            Enough!
            Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Maya... What I can add is after the first few days of "quitting".... It is a lot of impulse control! Which I am still learning
              Keeping busy is a big help... As idle hands have more time to think about drinking. Stock your fridge with fruit juices and I like club soda as a
              mix. And.... When you are ready throw out the booze. Don't buy " extra".
              Best of luck! Seems odd giving advice after only a short time... But good for both you AND I to follow
              Enough!

Comment

Enough - you are sounding good! WE can make this stick this time!!
                Maya - ots of help here - you can find someone to relate to - i was drinking way too much wine and it was imacting all aspects of my life, including my two girls who mean teh world to me. I would drive to work, feeling like crud, crying because I was worried I would die of AL abuse and not be there for them....and even with all that would drive home and buy more!! This gets you and you have to fight to get out - but there are many here who have managed and many more who are struggling and will work right alongside you:welcome:

Comment

I feel really good! Day 4... Sober. Not totally alcohol free but 1-2 each day and this is going to work for me.
                  E!

Comment

Day 5! Feel clear and ready to enjoy my cottage vacation with a sober twist!!! Sober is good.
                    Yeh!

Maybe it's time to start a new thread.... as I am not planning on conquering day 1 again!! Thoughts???? Names??? I have been hanging out here for a year.... Time to move on???
                    Enough!

Comment

Good for you Enough! It sounds like you are in a great place. I am also in the mind-set that I am in this for the long haul and not just day by day. No fears of falling on my face again...ouch...done with that! Ha!
                      AB Club Member
                      AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Good for you Enough on the sober vacation! Vacations have always been my downfalls. Sober does feel good. Maybe change to thread to some sort of weekly or monthly check ins? Just a suggestion.

Comment

Dest.... Clear... Thank you for the motivating words! Hope you both are doing well!

Day 6 and going strong! Off to the cottage today... With a few stops along the way. Our boys went ahead of us so I have not seen them in 5 days! I miss them, but what a peaceful week!!! Looking forward to lots of early morning kayaking... Fishing... Lying on the raft... and most importantly enjoying my family with out any thoughts of work! No suits... Heels... And makeup for a whole week!!!!
                          Whewwww!

So this will be most likely my last post for a while... Sending positive vibes your way.
                          I finally slept perfectly last night... and feel terrific...
                          Xoxo
                          Enough!

Comment

I am looking forward to your successful post on your return - have a ton of fun, and I so understand the no heels, no make-up feeling - true bliss!

Comment

Hello all. Haven't posted in a little while but have been reading along regularly. I had a good week or so....very few drinks but total preoccupation with booze...was all I thought about. Then two days of drinking...back on day 2 AF right now. I guess that brings me to my point, I don't really love the term "alcohol free" bc it seems to imply a deficit...no thats not quite right..i guess it just places the emphaisis on the wrotnthing. I don't want to get rid of booze, I want to get sober. It's a different mindset and I seem to need that. I need to think about howi want sobriety in my life, i dont want to be obsessed with how I can't have booze anymore. I don't know how to do this yet but I've ordered the supplements and will go to the health store to check out what else might help. I will alsotry to post more often. I really don't want to do bac or any other meds but I will If I have to. It's me and sobriety or drink and doom. I choose me today!
                              Success to all...I'm sending my best vibes to everyone.

Comment

Also haven't been here in a while.

Fell off the bandwagon hard about 9 months ago *whimper*. Today's last day of my taper and was having a hard time mentally. Dug up this old post (along with Greeneyes) to remind me and give me resolve.

I'm blessed with an incredible job, a wonderful girlfriend, an awesome family. This cursed devil called alcoholism... why do i feel so broken? I'm an extremely rational/logical and well educated to boot. Yet still i stare at myself in the mirror and ask "WTF are you killing yourself one day at a time?". I never get a good answer back.

Time to bust out that meow mix song.

Comment

Working...
                                X