Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well... One afternoon Corona... Led to a few vodka and cranberries yesterday. Back on track for a healthy and happy weekend.
    E!
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Turnagain;1546160 wrote: Enough! Soooooooo happy and relieved you are back.... This thread has done wonders for a lot of folks in encouraging them to deal with addiction. Snap and MBY it's good you are chiming in.

The early days of detox and withdrawal are certainly miserable to the nth degree but on the flip side it is a good and necessary result of your body cleansing itself of the toxins that alcohol produces. You are beginning to heal.

Enough....are you doing a taper or are you thinking you will try to moderate? I truly hope you are looking toward leaving alcohol behind once and for all....truly enough. I can tell you living AF is more than day and night compared to the darkness of drinking. Normal, AF living is true freedom and is a joy. It is attainable and easily maintained by understanding and accepting that alcohol - in any amount- will always produce a toxic reaction in every system of our bodies.

Keep going everyone....life without the damage and limitations of alcohol is now yours.
      I think this has to be about the best advice I've ever heard! Well said! I couldn't agree more!
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

Well I was just looking on here again and seen Enough you had come back and like you I have been drinking too much yet again and its now becoming embarrassing even for me. So day 1 it is and now it is normally wine time but not tonight or any other night I hope. Feeling edgy so thought i would post and read the Newbie thread to keep me determined. Glad to have made the decision to come back and try again to be AF.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hello Enough, I remember you from way back. Good to hear from you. I am back again. Just keep falling off the wagon. As you say there is allways something. Good Luck:welcome:

Comment

Snap, I had a similar experience with AB ,ran out of the drug on hols so decided to drink. Now I am back drinking heaviour than ever!!!:welcome:

Comment

Hello available, good to see you are back on board. Enough, whatever happened to shoe addict. She was a close friend of yours?

Comment

Enough glad you are here and still fighting. Don't quit fighting this mind numbing, soul sucking addiction.
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Hi enough - I was reading this thread, since I too have failed again. I'm hoping to straighten out again & make it stick. At least I'm not the only one this has happened to . . .it is embarrassing to me that I can't seem to fix this for myself. . . .but - I'll try again. Keep posting. I'll keep reading.

Comment

Wow... So great to hear from everyone! Thank you for posting... It is great support.

Well today is day 3 of completely totally SOBER.. Not a sip of anything. It has been about a year since. Sounds funny but I am soooo flipping sober it feels like I am a little stoned.... In a good way! Slept better ( but not perfectly) last night and did not need to glug down a gallon of water in the middle of the night. Isn't that special!!! I feel so good and productive... But that dam have a drink... have a drink voice... It is Sunday ...you have today off ....it's okay is still there. Shoe.... If you are around please check in ☺
                    Talk soon... E!
                    Thanks again to all. xoxo
                    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Funny girl… Until I found this site I really thought I was the only woman that was successful with kids on this entire planet that did what I did. It's sometimes hard to post but keep posting keep checking in there's lots of support as you can see from the thread this is a two year "project" let's call it for me that let's just hope this time around I can win. You can too!
                      E!

Comment

Had it… Available… Flyaway especially you… Little Beagle and June.
                        Thanks for posting and keep checking in
                        E!

Comment

Well the morning has arrived and feeling foggy but probably due to the tossing and turning last night. I dont think i will classify it as sleep. The day at work is always ok, its the thinking at 4ish that I deserve a wine when I get home as bugger it I have been working all day. This afternoon will be my real first test of being AF but i will be on here around that time to read everyones posts. Day 2 here we come.
                          Hope everyone is being strong.
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Enough! I think many more people than we even suspect do a lot of drinking that others aren't aware of . . . .I know I'm pretty good at hiding the truth when I have to. . . . not my proudest moments.

Comment

Good morning Guys, Just checking in to say hi Enough, I was wondering about Shoe Addict. You were both an inspiration in the past. Forgot to mention I changed my name from Boozer to Hadit .Didn,t think boozer was very helpful. I have had a shit weekend to much drinking but am hangover free today. It just isn't,t acceptable. I have 3 kids and grand kids so I need to set an example. I don,t want to be remembered as that person who always seemed to be drinking.Wine is my poison but will pretty much drink anything. Catch up again later. Good to have u back enough.

Comment

Hi Funnygirl, I reckon your right. IF we can hide it and AM I GOOD AT THAT, just think how many others are out there. It would be interesting to know the full extent of alkies say in our workplaces. There would be lots where I work...............try asking them who can give up the booze for a week? :wow: just love this icon!! I am about to head off to work at a soup kitchen.

Comment

Working...
                                X