Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi one and all well into Day two and at the worst part, the night but I plan on reading and reading posts. Feel like crap but I know it will pass, my poor body is going wtf are you doing! I've spent the day thinking of all the embarrassing moments AL has done to me and god half of the others I dont remember. Its been a wake up call I really want to stop.

Hadit i work in a hospital and there are lots that I know of and must be so many I dont suspect, like us all.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Enough is it day four? Feeling good? Got through your first weekend? Awesome! Keep it up!
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

Hi all!
        Hadit... Thanks for checking in to say hi... We had many great conversations in the past! Yes, I like your new name much better then boozer! Much more positive. Avail and Funny I hope today is successful for you both.

June... Thanks also for looking after me!!!! Unlike you and passing up the Dom... I chose to have a little Cabernet with my steak last night..opened the good bottle on my wine rack ( the last one).. and sipped not chugged. Stayed in control and feel just as great today as my super productive yesterday. Not disappointed as I stayed in control. Not planning on counting days anymore... This is a lifestyle change for me. I plan on continuing my plan and adding AF or almost AF days all week. Will keep checking in. Have a great day all.
        E!
        Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Today

Hi all!
          Hadit... Thanks for checking in to say hi... We had many great conversations in the past! Yes, I like your new name much better then boozer! Much more positive. Avail and Funny I hope today is successful for you both.

June... Thanks also for looking after me!!!! Unlike you and passing up the Dom... I chose to have a little Cabernet with my steak last night..opened the good bottle on my wine rack ( the last one).. and sipped not chugged. Stayed in control and feel just as great today as my super productive yesterday. Not disappointed as I stayed in control. Not planning on counting days anymore... This is a lifestyle change for me. I plan on continuing my plan and adding AF or almost AF days all week. Will keep checking in. Have a great day all.
          E!
          Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Enough I'm happy you're able to moderate. A tad jealous too. Enjoy!
            Newbies Nest
            Toolbox
            My accountability thread

Comment

June ... Please don't be jealous... I have failed miserably trying to moderate in the past. It is I who are envious that you were able to say no to the great champagne. Lets hope we both succeed on our paths.
              E!

Comment

Enough, good morning.Nice day here in oz. Spring is just around the corner. I to have not worried about counting days.I find it just to damned hard and if you fall,it's deverstating! I just take it one day at a time and try to notch up as many af days as I can. Good luck with moderating your drinking.How good would it be to be able to do that.? I live in an area with literally 100's of wineries. There is one a few hundred meters from where I live. Catch up later.

Comment

Hi all

Enough you were here when i was last time and i made it to day 11 then thought i deserved a wine just one or two then the next day a couple more until in a short matter of time i was back to where i was 3 days ago. Like you all I am a mother and I want to be around to see my grandchildren and my children get married. My brother died an alcoholic so one would think I would know better. I think my wake up call was at my nieces 21st and i was on the lounge one minute and on the carpet the next. Nothing was said but I have felt so much shame since that for me this is it. I will be on this site 24/7 reading and posting but for today I feel strong and with all the support each day can only get better. I know I cant moderate, i'm an alcoholic just like Enough admitted as well and I am hoping to be a recovering alcoholic and then a non drinker. Dreams do become reality.

Comment

I am not able to moderate either. It's all or none for me. The important thing is to keep fighting. Never give up.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

I can't moderate either it's all or nothing ....now it's nothing .....can't go back
                      I hope it works for you enough

where abouts are you hadit and available in oz ( i'm up on the mid north coast )

Comment

Witts I live in Melbourne and wishing I was where you were living at the moment as has been so cold here. I went to Newcastle a few weeks ago and it was like 27 degrees, loved it. Newcastle was also where i had my big wakeup call of what a drunk i have actually become.

Comment

Goodaye Guys, I am just out of Melb about 100 kms to the West. Yes, its been a bitter winter, but spring is not far away; in fact today is not to bad. I work with Disabled kids and some are neglected. The parents try there best but often they have an ID themselves so its a bit of a vicious circle really. What do you guys do? :wow: Just love this icon I am male and a father of 3. Just love that NSW south coast around Merimbula; been there a few times.

Comment

How are u little B? You must have notched up a few af days by now.

Comment

The witching hour is starting, i dont want a drink but now is the time i think of it. I have to go to the shops as i promised my two sons i would cook dinner and aldi is one of my favs for cheap wine to guzzle but i won't not today and hopefully not tomorrow.

Hadit i work in the neurology department of a major hospital, yes and I see it all with alcoholic patients and yes i still drank and still drank, still seen the alco's pass through with seizures, thinking poor you although knowing it could be me at any stage.

I live in the West of Melbourne also but 30k's to the city.

Comment

Same here Available, Screaming for a drink. Done a hard one today. IF only it could be 1 or 2 but we know it will be 1 or 2 (bottles). Stay strong, I will check in later.:upset::upset:

Comment

Working...
                                X