Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubby is finally making some headway. Ab is working. He went to Harley Davidson dealership yesterday. He has a goal to buy a bike instead of drinking and smoking up his money. Great idea I tell him. He is even thinking of giving up cigs.$200.00 a month savings that would be.
    I hope you are doing alright. I enjoyed you story about the demonstrations. Especially the one you couldn't understand. Funny.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Hello to all!
      A super quick post to say hi and thankful for another sober evening and waking up to a clear and functional day! Spent the last few hours trimming and pruning my garden and now ready for a swim and afternoon with the kiddies. After yard work it would always be time to open the bar and start with a few afternoon Coronas before opening the wine. I have a case of Corona in the outside fridge... but the club soda and Gatorade won over.... Easily. Check in!!!!
      E!
      Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

2 weeks today!!

:HI am definitely not counting days.... wink wink... but if I were it would be two weeks today of my new lifestyle! In the past decade (or more ).... Only made it this far once before!!!
        Enough!
        Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

good for you enough

Comment

Good for you enough on 2 weeks keep it up.

Hadit I am here and doing good for day 2, i did post last night and ask how your day was yesterday and glad it was lovely.

well got woken up by my son on my day off so not happy Jan but picking up my daughters wedding dress with her today, that should be lovely.

have a lovely sober day
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Well Done enough. Good morning everyone! Bout to go to work. Also had a good weekend. Its soooooooooo good to be heading off to work with no hangover to contend with. Had a couple of wines Friday night and that was it for me. Would normally have guzzled away 3 or 4 bottles. Keep strong everyone its the start of a new week for us. Catch up later:nutso::nutso:

Comment

Hello Everyone, Really busy weekend. I am exhausted tonight. Could have easily cracked open a beer but that would then only lead to some wine and the rest would be history. Available, Good to here from you. Did u have a slip? Hope you are back in the fight now and notching up a few af days.:shocked:

Comment

Yes Hadit i had a slip but just !a minor one. Busy time with my daughter getting married in November but lovely sober times atm. Day 2 and all going well. How many days now for you? Just enjoying the Melbourne weather and going to turn cold again god damn it, like AL you get the taste.

Comment

Good morning!!
                    Avail and Hadit... My friends across the globe! Hope you have a great day today (already your tomorrow) and have success staying on track. Avail.... You must be super excited with an up coming wedding... I have many years til I am down that road with my boys... With lots of challenges along the way
                    Soar as can be as I used lots of muscles I did not know I had cleaning up my garden yesterday... a good pain though... and everything looks so pretty outside. Today is Labor Day and off from work for a lazy day at the pool as all the chores done yesterday... Mostly anyway it really never ends when you have a house! Even patched my kayak and might get that out on the river later for a little paddle and alligator sight seeing!! Wow so much to do when you don't feel like shit! After drinking club soda and cranberry all day yesterday... I decided ( for whatever dumb reason) to have a couple vodka and crans... I really could not have enjoyed then any less. How things change in such a short time.
                    Off to watch the butterflies and have a peaceful day.
                    E!

Comment

Good morning everyone another beautiful day although i woke with vomiting at 3am so not going to work, need to focus on me atm.

Enough it is very exciting but sad to know my baby is all grown up and leaving the nest. I cant wait to see her walk down the aisle and look just beautiful. It will be a wonderful day in November.

How are you Hadit and where are you?

Today if I feel better I think i will get stuck into my garage and give it a spring clean. Day 3 coming up looking forward to it.

Have a great day everyone

Comment

Morning everyone, Just checking in with a quick post before work.Available I am just west of Melb about 100kms. Visit Melb lots was there on Sunday. I don,t really pay to much attention how many days I have been af. I found in the past it stressful and everytime I fell I Felt REALLY bad,so I just puddle along trying each day to be af. In the last fortnight I have had a couple of wines on 2 occasions and a few beers on Frid...... a far cry from guzzling 2 bottles of wine a day and sometime more! Each to their own. I gave up the fags many years ago the same way just slowly reduced my intake over time. In saying that I could easily binge drink at the drop of a hat. Enough, Croc spotting. I love crocs and have seen many in the northern parts of OZ! Amazing prehistoric animals. We had some poor unfortunate taken by one just a week ago swimming in an area infested with them. There are warning signs all over saying be ware. LB how are you and witts? Gotta fly peoples have a nice day. :thumbs::thumbs:

Comment

morning
                          Croc spotting would be interesting .....A friend of ours owns Mary river station ...wouldlove to get up there soon before it gets to hot
                          don't go south to often

Comment

Afternoon all, just checking in to say another day done and dusted. Even being sick never used to stop the one to two bottles of AL. Now i can get past that witching hour and it is getting easier. My son paid his rent today and said "do you want me to get you a couple of bottles of wine" and I said "no honey just a bottle of fizzy drink", he was speechless lol.

Like you Hadit when i drank the other day I felt so guilty and horrible and really the only person I let down was myself. I feel better and happier in myself and a couple/few is better than the two bottles per night times 7 days in a week. I have a feeling my recycle bin is going to be quite empty this weekend. Giving up the fags is my next step in this journey.

Witts and Enough i hope all going well and all the other nesters.

Comment

Goodaye Guys, Enough.... u OK? LB and witts how are you both? Witts, Up around the top end is amazing and the crocs in some of those billabongs can be huge. Available, I am going to hang around here tonight, very stressful day but have resisted the bottle even though I would just love a drink right now. Be back later.:shocked:

Comment

Hadit I have had a thought since 9am i wanted a bottle after work, just a bottle and i was thinking every thought i used to tell myself why i deserved a drink. Drove like a demon home today but did not stop. Still feel like a wine but I never go out again once i am home thank god.

There has been some very interesting reading on other threads which has kept me going and tomorrow is another sober day.

You guys can keep your crocs i am afraid!

Comment

Working...
                                X