Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang in there, Reeree. All we have is THIS moment, and at this moment, you are alive and not drinking. Me too. The most I was able to do all day was take a short walk and then just made a bowl full of noodles. One moment at a time.
    10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Reeree come on by the newbies nest, you'll see a link below. Lots of traffic there and plenty who'd love to meet you and help along your journey!
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

Checking in

Quite day off yesterday...Stressful day at work today. Same old crap to deal with... Nothing major. Son asked why I was having wine yesterday... Mom you were doing so great and why are you having wine. Full guilt trip... and I wasn't even really drinking that much.
        More resolve!!!! Will check in soon. Again... Need more AF days accumulated. It is usually right about now in my progress that I either stop posting thinking I have this modding down.... Say WTF... Or maybe do things a little differently and actually have more positive results. Your thoughts out there???? I hope the newbies nest helped out those who popped by here yesterday. Sorry I was not around.
        Enough.
        Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi , My daughters are the same with me when I drink . Since I have tried to stop they have told me that they made comments as they were afraid for my health ,and throwing a bit of shame my way might make me see the light.
          Enough ,you must post for your life now -as you are in your danger zone -don't drift off we need you here ,
          x
          AF 10th June 2014

Comment

Checking in and ready for a positive weekend.
            RESOLVE

Thank you Ginger for your post.. You are absolutely correct. This is a critical time to stay focused... I feel myself going back.
            Enough!
            Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Good on you Enough - I will join you on the positive AF weekend. Just about to start my 2 week holiday ,really looking forward to a rest !!
              By the way does anyone know what AVRT is ? sorry to act a bit dumb !!
              xx
              AF 10th June 2014

Comment

Ginger... I think it is some recovery program of sorts. Have a great holiday and check in if you can.

I had a nice Friday eve ( with a little wine) and movie. Happy so far that I am sticking around and keeping focus... As I have been back on MWO for almost 30 days ( this go ). Many sober days checked off and many sober days to come.
                E!
                Where is everyone ???? It is not a good thing to stop posting.

Comment

Ps... Can someone please promise to kick my ass if they see me go missing. Thought I would put that out there as extra backup plan. I think we are sometimes too nice and forgiving when we slip up again and again. A good verbal butt kicking may be more effective.
                  An example might be...
                  Enough... You said time and time again you were sick and tired of being sick and tired... What the hell are you doing getting toasted again. How many times have you disappointed yourself and your boys? Never again... Don't you remember!

On a personal note: this past month ( all though not perfect)... Has been my most sober month pretty much ever. Cheers to our success.
                  E!

Comment

Enough!;1556443 wrote: Ps... Can someone please promise to kick my ass if they see me go missing. Thought I would put that out there as extra backup plan. I think we are sometimes too nice and forgiving when we slip up again and again. A good verbal butt kicking may be more effective.
                    An example might be...
                    Enough... You said time and time again you were sick and tired of being sick and tired... What the hell are you doing getting toasted again. How many times have you disappointed yourself and your boys? Never again... Don't you remember!

On a personal note: this past month ( all though not perfect)... Has been my most sober month pretty much ever. Cheers to our success.
                    E!
                    Hey Enough, i promise i will PM you and kick your arse. I have been quiet for a couple of days but been busy and also just angry with life and work and kids so didnt think i would rant to much on here. Sorted the boys out so feeling much calmer. Told them i was an alcoholic and trying to stop drinking and my youngest son has AL in the fridge a lot. Told him i can see him going down the same path as me and that during the week there is no AL in the house. They are both very proud i am not drinking and agreed wth what i said. WIN WIN for me. I went out last night on a date and he bought me a wine, i drank half of it and did not want anymore. FFS i thought, who is this woman. I found it very hard to have a conversation sober though, god get me pissed and i never shut up. So day 15 with half a glass of wine is not a bad effort. How old are your boys E?

You are doing great with more AF days than AL days, always think of the positives with AL, if you dwell on your drinking AL you will get depressed and drink more. Its a vicious cycle isnt it, at the end of the day we can let it win or we can try and beat it for another day. Take care E xx
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Taking Baclofen !!!

Hi all,

I've posted about 4 messages without any responses, wondering if i'm doing something wrong. Have been on Baclofen for over a week now and need help with proper dosing and help with what to expect. Thanks, Clipped Wings:new:

Comment

Hi Clipped Wings!
                        If you go back to Our Community and go down from this "just starting out" page, you'll see a section all about Baclofen and other meds. If you post there, someone will def be able to help you!

Comment

Hi clipped and welcome, everyone is on here at different times so sometimes posts are missed. I find the Newbies Nest is the place to be as there is normally someone there at a given time.

I cant help you with Baclofen but there are threads about it. I have just stopped drinking AL and hope to stay that way. Its a struggle but staying positive and being on here has helped enormously. PM me if you want a reply as emails are easier sometimes.
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi to all!
                            Clipped... I hope you found the help you needed. Best of luck. Avail... Thx for checking in.
                            Just a quick check in myself... All is well... Had 2 glasses of wine but really want to start adding in those alcohol free days more. Working tons and busy with the boys. Had a crap night sleep and feel lathargic as I went back to sleep this morning after the boys were off to school and then had no morning before work!
                            Overall everything is pretty quite and calm here.
                            E!

Comment

Clipped - I usually do not go on any other threads than "Newbies Nest", so it is by chance I saw your post. Please post on Newbies Nest so you don't feel left out! Sorry I don't know anything about the drugs, just about drinking wine.

Enough - I haven't been online long enough to know you, I see that you've given permission to kick your ass, so this is not going to cheer you up. I noticed that you said you really want to start adding in those alcohol free days more - yet every post in this thread you are drinking wine. Just sayin'.
                              10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

A late post for me as I am still pretty awake at midnight.... Just got home from work a couple hours ago. Enjoying some quite time at the end of my day sitting on the patio.. listening to the cicada bugs sing. Opened up Dan Browns new book Inferno... but as much as I am looking forward to a good read... Too late to begin that journey.... and I know I will get sucked in for sure and 6am comes early.

I asked for some ass kicking so I can only say thanks to my new friend Strong for speaking up. My first reaction was ... Hey you don't know me... You don't get to say boo... Then realize you certainly know enough ( no relation to my name here )... by reading this thread. So thank you!

As I sit outside now I am enjoying a nice calm tea... but did come home and out of habit or what not had the remaining 2 glasses of wine left from yesterday. Yes... I see the repeating pattern. I have had the most sober month of my adult life and would very much like it to continue. Absolute transparency here... Ass kicking or not.
                                Night all!
                                E!

Comment

Working...
                                X