Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! Forum logged me out again but I copied my message first! :moon:

Comment

Today is Day 8 for me and I'm feeling strong. Gotta work a late shift tonight getting home around midnight. That's usually when I'd have a drink to come down after work. Tonight I'll make myself some tea instead.

Comment

Hey all!

I could not wait to post this morning and let you all know today is... Drumroll...

DAY 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough
        xoxo

will post responses to you all a little later!
        Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Enough!;1149601 wrote: Hey all!

I could not wait to post this morning and let you all know today is... Drumroll...

DAY 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough
          xoxo

will post responses to you all a little later!
          Way to go! When is the last time you've made it 10 days without drinking? :goodjob:

Comment

Flyaway - Congrats on Day 8 whoop whoop - and thank you so much for your sound advice! Poison - I am going to consider that every glass of wine is actually weed killer and I would no more want to swallow that than a bucket of worms!

I have found that if I tick the button 'always keep me logged on' when signing into the MWO website that it doesn't time out and kick you off. Of course this only works if you have sole access to your computer

Enough :wd::yay::happy: 10 Days and double figures!!! Congratulations
            Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Thank all of you for your posts; I plan on using this website to help motivate and encourage me to stick with the program. I'm still reading the book and I'm only in day 2 of sobriety. I've already started several supplements, as I've read the book "7 weeks to sobriety" which outlines the supplements needed to nurse our ravaged bodies back into health. I hope I find friendship here!

Comment

pcnana;1149616 wrote: Thank all of you for your posts; I plan on using this website to help motivate and encourage me to stick with the program. I'm still reading the book and I'm only in day 2 of sobriety. I've already started several supplements, as I've read the book "7 weeks to sobriety" which outlines the supplements needed to nurse our ravaged bodies back into health. I hope I find friendship here!
                Sounds like you are off to a great start! You've researched and read and reached out! The 3 R's! :H

Comment

Me again...

Congrats to Mya and Boozer on 4 days! Go. Go. Go!

PC... Welcome! We are here for you.. Great start so far

Snap... I will be at a dinner with co-workers tomorrow night too. They are ALL drinkers. So it will be a test for me! I have known them all for a really long time and have never been out and NOT drinking.

I will have to keep the memory of overdoing it a couple years ago with the same group at the front of my mind. I drank so much "free wine" that night that I though someone sitting next to me that I didn't know slipped something in my drink. Yeah that was my excuse for my behavior. I was so toasted I was unable to pay the $800 tab ( which was my responsibility ) as I was the hostess. I was also totally useless the next day during our meeting. Ouch!

Remember... Free wine sucks!

Fly: you seem so strong in your posts. Awesome job and great advice.

Shueaddict... Life... you are amazing support! Congrats on getting to the next day!

A couple of you asked how long it has been since I made it this far...

I have NEVER made it anywhere near day 10 EVER. I have been drinking steady for the past 15 +years and haven't seen any reason to skip more then a day or 2. Except for 6 days 2 years ago. Then he demons called me back.

And at the cottage... Ha Ha Ha! A easy does it day is 2 bottles if wine and beers in the afternoon.

Not this time!

Talk soon...
                  Enough!
                  Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

FREE WINE SUCKS! FREE WINE SUCKS!!
                    i love it! that's my new motto.

my goal is to use it in the friendliest tone with a nice smile when someone asks me at a work function or party if i'd like a glass of wine, "no thank you. free wine sucks". think it'd go over?

Comment

Great stuff Enough!! Congratulations on reaching double digits!!! And to everyone else for their valiant efforts against the beast. I am so hormonal today I could jump out of my skin!!!!!! Such a battle in my head going on. Will lock the front door and knuckle done for the evening!

Carry on the good fight all!!!
                      While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Keep that door bolted Not tonight!! You're doing great. :goodjob:

I know that 'battle in the head' situation - and have been stuffing my face with chocolate muffins as a result!! :H My kids are all giving me strange looks because I don't usually eat chocolate or many sweet things and am pigging on all of their supplies! I haven't told them that I'm not drinking and funnily enough if they've noticed they haven't said a thing!!

One week down for me - onwards and upwards!! Hope everyone else has had a fruitful, wine free evening! Snap x
                        Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

I am cooking on the grill tonight and the cravings are not quite as bad as the last few nights. Maybe here is hope!

Not tonight... Read the early posts and see how far you have come in a few short days! Eat a Popsicle or some chocolate!

Snap... I have been hitting the kids fat boy ice cream sandwiches... Yum!
                          No worries... You are using all those empty wine calories for new treats.

Enough!

Comment

I know now that I play golf alot better when I drink. So I guess i better kind practicing sober.
                            We just got home and I'm pooped.
                            I hope tonight I can sleep a little better.
                            Day 5 coming to an end.
                            talk to everyone tomorrow

Comment

Checkin' in with ma peeps before bed! I just got home from work. The thought of having a drink crossed my mind as I was driving. This would be the typical time for me, unwinding from work. But it wasn't a very strong desire. Just a thought. My abdomen has been hurting all night for some reason. I just made myself some tea to sip before I fall asleep.

Enough--You will do great tomorrow night! You're on a roll. I can't wait to come here and read about how you stayed strong. You can do it!

Snapdragon--Congrats on a week down! I'm with you on eating stuff you don't ordinarily eat! :H

Not Tonight--Stay strong. We're here for you!

Lifechange--Love your goal. Free wine sucks! :H

Comment

Hi Everyone, Just finished work , Day 5 AF.The cravings were so bad from about 3.00pm I really thought I was going to give in to them and buy a bottle of wine on my way home!!! I kept thinking of all the threads I have read today and truely believe without everyones support I think I would have visited that wine shop. So thank u all once again....... the battle continues. Day 6 tomorrow. Good Luck eveyone.Shoeaddict, the cravings are not general usually start about 3.00pm:thanks:

Comment

Working...
                                X