Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohhhhh myyyyyy! It's happy hour at the country club where my meeting is being held. Everyone has a drink... I have a perrier. I had to walk out side and look at my first posts.

This is amazing hard. Here are 40 or so co workers ALL drinking. My anxiety is through the roof, but I came to far not to make it through this.

All my friends... I am tunnelling your strength right now... You are with me.

Enough!
    Xoxo.

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Enough, i have you in my thoughts and prayers, keep checking our posts.

Power to you, you can do it, it is all in your mind.

Anything good to eat there?
      workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Peeps...I'm sorry...I got to Day 10 and lost it...2 LARGE glasses of red takes me back to Day 1...proud of you all though...x
        ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Enough I usually don't post at work, but today I am to let you know that you can do it and we are all here to support you. You're right you have gone too far to ruin it now.

Queen pick yourself back up and keep on truckin, just a slight bumb in the road.

Comment

Thanks Mya...Enough...sending you strength an good stuff x

Comment

Oh that's my personal favorite, friends and coworkers in gatherings where EVERYONE is drinking. For the love of god i swear all people do is drink to tempt me! And make comments about my LACK of drinking! All while rousing that little demon you worked so hard to smother.

I also have a trying time in half a week, vacation with the family and 4 brothers + spouses in Mexico. Woo boy, its not boxes of wine its shots =

Love the posts, i read them and remind myself to be strong. I've been feeling weak lately, went so far as to buy a bottle of vodka. Pitching that thing was the hardest thing i've done in a long while. Funny how easy dealing with everything else compares to shutting the demon up. He's a crafty bastard.

Stay strong. I can't lend you any girl power (dont have the right, uh parts) but i can say i admire the titanium willpower of anyone whose an alcoholic and stays sober.

Comment

I did it!!!!

:H

open bar.... 2 hours award ceremony ... I though at one point I would slit my wrist and let the blood drain from my body BUT... I did it!

Just need to make it through dinner. Go me!

Enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

This may sound stupid but everytime i get a craving that feels unbearable i play the meow mix song in my head

Comment

I might say I'm proud of myself watched hubby play in a golf scramble went to the 19th hole waiting for the scores was oftered a drink I really wanted one but said no thanks.

But hubby and I did get in a little arguement on the way home. I'm sure it's bc I'm on edge.

Very emotional too today.

The end of day 6 come day 7!

Comment

WTG Enough! :goodjob:

Snapdragon--How was your dinner?

Set Me Free--Congratulations on getting through day 1. It's amazing how much better you feel waking up clear headed. This can certainly be a new beginning and a new life for you.

Queen--I am proud of you for coming here and admitting that you drank. You make it okay for everyone else who slips up. Way to go on 10 days. Here's to another 10!

Zax--Welcome. Good luck staying AF on your vacation.

Comment

Mya--I'm sorry, for some reason I missed your last post! Congratulations on turning down a drink! That took a lot of strength!

Comment

Enough...you are amazing! :goodjob:
                          Thanks Flyaway, and I hope you are feeling better Mya...stay strong Zax, Set Me Free and WS, Shoe and everyone else...
                          Day 1 it is...but much stronger than my usual Day1's...so onwards it is!
                          If anyone's wavering...just don't do it..feels rubbish. I think that I feel worse because it's very clear to me how much better I feel sober having done that 10 days...before I struggled to remember actually feeling that!...now I just feel like I've poisoned myself a bit! Weird!
                          Tomorrow is more work celebrations but its lime and soda for me this time...and I'm just going to say bog off to anyone who can't cope with me not drinking...x

Comment

Meow mix... I actually started to sing it when I read your post! Well... My eyes are watering I am soooooo tired after my 20 hour marathon day. I had to post before I wernt to sleep so the thoughts were fresh! 5 am wake up. Flight... 8 hour meeting and awards... 1 hour happy hour... 2 hour open bar and snacks... 1+ hour wait for dinner ( near the bar) ... 2 hour dinner and just now back at hotel.

I really wasn't sure this morning if I would actually be able to pull it off but between my resolve, your posts , ( the meow mix song ) it became reality.

Today was a perfect example of... What does not kill you makes you stronger!
                            I will catch up with you all tommorrow.

Night...
                            Enough!!
                            Xoxo

Comment

Day 11... I kicked your ass.
                              Ha!

Enough!

Comment

Zax- meow mix song. I'm totally stealing that from you.
                                AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X