Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the evening going for everyone! At work and sober. By this time I would have usually sneaked a little something.
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Hellooo...please count me in...Day 2 just over, I should go to sleep really, but 55minutes into Day 3 and would like to join up with you lot...all of this is very familiar...let's keep it going peeps! Haven't got past my 4 day hurdle FOREVER it seems...really working for it this time.

XXXX
      ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

I'm having a sober night which I am grateful for, however it's motivated by being so tired from drinking last night. I am still so disgusted with myself. I am looking around my house that desparately needs to be cleaned but I'm too exhausted. Story of my life the last few years. I'm either drinking or hungover. What an awful way to live. Ugh! I also promised my daughter (while drunk) that she could go shopping today - which she did. So now I'm stressed over money. Oh just to be healthy and happy! I hope everyone has a great night. Looking forward to day 2 tomorrow
        God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

I made it to day 6 about 2 years ago. Just writing that sounds so sad!!! How did I let this go soooooo long. Opening up Another freekin water. I have alcohol feet from me at work in a office not going to do it. Arhhhh. Think I'll find something chocolate
          Enough!
          I will not suck and be hung over tomorrow ... Again.
          Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Well this time you are going to make well past 6 days!! Keep opening up the waters!! Queenbug - great job getting to Day 3! We can do this!!

Comment

I started reading the threads from the beginning, although I did post on it yesterday. You guys are awesome! Let's stay motivated...I think everyone is just a little more that sick of ourselves right now. We have to figure out what our triggers are and plan because they will kick in. I've seen it time and time again from reading other posts. You'll see alot of the Senior Members talk about planning. I now know that one of my big triggers is caffeine...if I'm too "up" then I want to drink something to calm down, or if I get too excited (this may sound crazy so hang in there with me). It might have something to do with my blood sugar levels so I'm trying to each six small meals a day. I'm especially trying to eat something before I leave the office in the evening so I'm not hungry on the way home. Does anyone else have any plans they want to share?

Comment

I got a craving a bit ago and (it was gross) chewed an amino acid tab. After that didn't want anything. L-glutamine. Not taking a melatonin tab. I am bloated from the amino's
                Enough

Comment

Now taking melatonin 3mg wil take another later to help w slee

Comment

945 pm and I've made it through day 1! Feel good. Took the kids out for ice-cream during craving time. Actually tonight wasn't too bad. Looking forward to waking up tomorrow pain free.
                    Thank for all the encouragement for my first day. Feeling anxious about tmw. But one day at a time.
                    Good luck to all tonight.

New shoes.

Comment

New Shoes - try to remember what it feels like to "feel good"... Thats one of my plans.... I have never woken up after a night of drinking and thought "I feel good"... I have, however, woken up after a sober night and felt so grateful to feel good... I once read on here that no one ever wakes up after a night of NOT drinking and wishes that they would have ... SO true!! How MANY TIMES have we woken up after drinking the night before and thought "I wish I wouldn't have!"..??? Here's to a successful tomorrow!

Comment

I can't begin to thank all of you enough. I know the road ahead is going to be hard, and I feel like I have a lifeline for once. I worry about the days ahead because i don't have an actual plan. Right now it's just reading your posts and feeling like I have a safe place to talk about real feelings. Thank you for that. I too drank a million water bottles tonight. Great job Enough, thanks for the inspiration. 10:12 pm, and I am in bed. Made. It through day 1. Finally.

New shoes

Comment

Just got home from work... Kids are still awake... Not fed dinner...husband not helping bcaus he is in the office. This is about when I totally loose it!!!!!
                          Making tea.
                          Enough!

Comment

Spiritgirl, that is so true, I need to think about that every night! The few sober nights I have had, have led to the best mornings! It's amazing that we go back to drinking at all. Goes to show how powerful it is. Great job to you, wishing you a great night an a successful day 2! (not sure your time zone). I'm east coast states, so it's bedtime here.

Comment

Hang tough enough. You got me through my first day 1 in a very long time. Keep posting if it gets rough, I'll stay up as long as I can. You can do this.

Comment

Hello all,
                                Everyone is sounding so strong! Enough, I really sympathise with you and your evening, all too familiar. Since having children the 5 pm onwards slot of the day becomes the most stressful for us mom's. It's the end of the day and we are tired, but we still have another shift of work. Preparing meals, helping with home work, piano, costumes for the school play, bath time, etc., etc. Which is why a glass of wine slips in so nicely It's evening, a respectable time to drink, we deserve a treat, particularly an adult one. But family life is hard, that one glass of wine morphs into a habit and onto an addition. Then the addiction , makes us depressed, and renders us incapable of keeping up with our responsibilities. One day "Mother's little helper" has become mothers demise.

Today is day 2 for me and I am really grateful for it, and for everyone that comes to this site to share their struggles and goals. You can not fight this fight on your own.

Wine Sucks, I thought it was interesting what you said about caffeine being a trigger for you, perhaps due to change in blood sugar levels. I find that if I skip a meal, or go too long without food I will most certainly be drinking in the evening, even if I eat a good meal. Anyway, great work everyone and her is to another sober day under our belts!
                                While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X