Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning FlyGirl!

Heading off to the gym soon and then to work 11 - 8. Spending more time on here every day, at the expense of some other projects, but I feel like right now my new-found sobriety is a top priority. Having this community has been and will be a huge part of maintaining that. Still have the funny little fuzz in my head, but i know it's just part of detox...dumb brain cells screaming for some AL...they'll just have to get over it!

Hoping you have a stellar day!
    -Cap'n G

Comment

Hi All!!

Wonderful thread....I continue to read each day...you all are doing fantastic!! Keep it up!! :goodjob: Fly??? really, how DO YOU keep such good track of everyone??? :H Super job!

I just wanted to jump in and say something to bottlestopper--that last post you wrote really reminded me of how I felt trapped by AL...like "it was my only friend that understood"....and how it really trapped me into feeling like whether I was sad or angry or whatever...no matter who I talked to never seemed to say the right thing...or maybe didn't have enough "time to give"...AL always had all the time in the world...such a horrible, toxic, facade of security I let myself slip into. I'm glad you posted it that....I had forgotten how much I HATED that part of AL in my life as well.....I'm adding that to my already LOOOONNNG list....THANK YOU!! :thanks: Keep up your wonderful journey!!!
      SD
      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
      7/29/12

Comment

Do you ever wonder about the timing of things? Today my daughter was told she had to work until 9pm and I had to pick my grand daughter up from the sitter at 530pm. She is spending the night. I do not normally babysit. Its one thing to have a 16 year old home while you are getting drunk its quite another to have a 2 year old. Then my husbands car broke down at 7pm and I had to pick him up from the dealer. Normally I would have started drinking at 5pm and be 3 shots down by 7pm. Today I was AF and able to be of help to my family. I wonder how many times in the last 4 years I let them down bc I was drunk. I makes me more determined to win this fight.

Comment

gizzy;1157916 wrote: Hi everyone
          I guess the first thing for me to say is that I really feel better knowing that I am not alone! I feel isolated by my drinking because it is a "secret" but now I realise that there are many others who are dealing with this too.
          While I am not interested in starting a thread of misery loves company, I think that mutual support and that fact that we are all wanting to change, is helpful.
          Gizzy how are you doing today? I hope you're going to stick around and keep posting.

Comment

mby82266;1158244 wrote: Do you ever wonder about the timing of things? Today my daughter was told she had to work until 9pm and I had to pick my grand daughter up from the sitter at 530pm. She is spending the night. I do not normally babysit. Its one thing to have a 16 year old home while you are getting drunk its quite another to have a 2 year old. Then my husbands car broke down at 7pm and I had to pick him up from the dealer. Normally I would have started drinking at 5pm and be 3 shots down by 7pm. Today I was AF and able to be of help to my family. I wonder how many times in the last 4 years I let them down bc I was drunk. I makes me more determined to win this fight.
            Oh wow, that gave me chills! Your family needed you more than ever tonight! Well done! :h

Comment

Great day here so far - lovely and fine but very cold here in our winter! Went for a longish run before Taupo this weekend, will check in on you all in the morning before we go and will be home Sunday (your Sat). Feeling alot better today after a good run and NO booze in my system. NO celebratory drinks for me this weekend! Everyone sounds great and happy today. Keep up the good work. After a total shit day yesterday I feel alot better and positive today. The Runners World magazine are doing a story on me for their Septemeber edition - because they found ME inspirational - personally I think they should have picked someone else but still feel PROUD. Kia Kaha (stay strong)

Comment

mumofsix;1158261 wrote: Great day here so far - lovely and fine but very cold here in our winter! Went for a longish run before Taupo this weekend, will check in on you all in the morning before we go and will be home Sunday (your Sat). Feeling alot better today after a good run and NO booze in my system. NO celebratory drinks for me this weekend! Everyone sounds great and happy today. Keep up the good work. After a total shit day yesterday I feel alot better and positive today. The Runners World magazine are doing a story on me for their Septemeber edition - because they found ME inspirational - personally I think they should have picked someone else but still feel PROUD. Kia Kaha (stay strong)
                Wow Mum, how fabulous is that! I'm glad that you're feeling better today. :l

Comment

Hello SD!

MBY - The Universe will show us all kinds of signs if we will but only see them... I think that your family all needed the REAL you today (and not the AL version) is a blessing you can build on.

Mum - You should feel quite proud and honored. The better it gets, the better it gets! Congrats!

Hello Ms. FlyAway!

Have a safe and sober night y'all!
                  -Cap'n G

Comment

yesterday after everyone was settled in for the night I suddenly wanted to drink.I was so angry at my self for even feeling this need. I told my husband I was struggling and he said " I loved you before AL. I Loved you while AL recked havoc on our lives. I love you more for trying to change. I will love you every day for the rest of my life." I made it through. I wanted to post this because we all have someone in our lives who has lived with and loved us through all of this. lets do our best to make them proud!! Day 5 here I come!!!

Comment

Hello conquerers ! Mby that sounds so special , your hubby is the genuine article ! Cherish him ! I have also been communicating better with mine and we are going to come out of this a better stronger couple ! Thanks fly for your kind words and good advice ! To everyone on this thread I am wishing you all a very fabulous Friday . Xxx and hugs from noxy

Comment

Day 5 for me too myb - well done on getting where you are now, and work hard to keep it. You obviously have something special with your husband and that is a huge motivation to make this work! Good Luck and cut out his words, carry in your purse, or post on the mirror./frigde door - somewhere as a constant reminder...:goodjob:
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

The guilt far outways the fun. I keep learning this the hard way. I too threw out a half bottle of wine last night.
                          'You might not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you!' - Walt Disney

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. ~Agatha Christie

Comment

pushing through this day. this is my worst time of day. I have to get out of this house! I wish I had a dog to walk. I guess I am just taking my feet and going.

Comment

Hya everyone....hope that you are all good! So many lovely postings here!
                              Mum....that's awesome...OF COURSE you are inspirational!!! Numpty!
                              Tiredofit....good on the throwing mate!!!!!
                              Day 7 just ending for me...did lots of exercise today so am knackered...off to bed but will check in again tomorrow...
                              Stay safe and strong you lovelies ...
                              x
                              ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

MBY...hang on in there matey...here for you x
                                ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Working...
                                X