Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=mby82266;1163772] I was fine all day while I was alone then my family came home and I was so agitated and angry for some reason.

mby, I understand completely. I'm fine alone, but once my DH is home, I get irritated. He talks and talks, mostly about himself and things I'm not interested in, and I want to blow my top. He's also ultra-sensitive, so I can't say anything without setting him off. I feel trapped more often than not, so I eventually retreat to my woman-cave with my laptop, a book or the radio. Ah, it's so peaceful in here.... I'm sorry to admit that I remind myself of my father. He never did anything with us, would go to bed at 6:30 in the evening and listen to radio, while leaving my poor mother with 4 children. I have a better understanding of him now. I guess we're loners, and prefer our own company. I don't care for much hub-bub in my life. (Is hub-bub a word? That's the word we use in our family for "too much commotion," as my mother would say.)

Hi, everyone else! Guess what? I'm officially 30 days AF. I should be thrilled, or something, but I'm not. That little voice is still in the back of my head and is whispering, "Well, maybe a few chardonnays on vacation." The struggle isn't over, I know.

Nite all.
    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hey all,

Enough - thanks for taking the time to post to us all on your phone. Appreciated :-)

Sidra - welcome and hello. Hope you find this forum helpful - it's helped me a lot this past (almost) week.

Tulip - hello and welcome to you too. Read and post if you want to. You will find everyone really helpful, friendly and non-judgemental.

Mya - congrats on AF Day 2. It's tough, I know.

Juja - dunno about being loners or not but I love my own company. I thought it was an only child thing, but not if you're one of 4. I adore my DH and miss him the whole time he's away then when he comes home I spend half my time drinking wine while on my laptop. Anyway well done on Day 30, although it scares me a little that your little voice is still there.

I'm having another tough evening. AF day 6 today and I have been really productive - out with friends and shopping and doing domestic admin, but all day I caught myself thinking how nice it will be this evening when all my tasks are done and I can sit down with a bottle of wine. I keep reminding myself I don't drink anymore. But I can't stop thinking about how much I want to. I was going to curl up with a good book later but that was always my favourite thing to do with a bottle of wine, so I've got a DVD instead. Maybe it's about breaking associations. Does anyone else have this sort of problem and what do you do about it?

Sorry for complaining, i feel like that's all I do on here lately. Guess I'm just looking for some advice.

Roller x
      :alf:
      AF Day 1 = 27-08-2012
      Goal #1: 7 days (02-09-2012) :h
      Goal #2: 30 days (26-09-2012)
      Goal #3: 100 days (05-12-2012)
      :baaah:

Comment

keeping going

I am excited today because the MWO supplement pack arrived - it did have a long way to travel. I have had an interesting time reading the literature, and am looking forward to supporting my body to get better.

While I have not been AF, I have cut my drinking in half for the past week, which I am pleased with - it makes sleeping and facing the next day so much easier! I have only been able to do this because I have found a shop that sells small 187mL bottles of wine (1/4 bottle) and I am not allowed to have more than 2 of these. This is still a significant amount of alcohol for most people, but I find that it has little adverse effect on me.....but that is compared with consuming a full 750mL bottle of wine or more.....

I am finding using this forum a bit confusing, as I would like to be able to follow my own posts, but I will keep chatting and no doubt all will become clearer in time.

Ciao

Comment

Good morning all, its my day to drive the kids all over creation today so I know I will be to busy to even think about drinking!
          Roller yes it def. is about associations Making dinner is my time to start drinking. I have to fight it every night! With me going back to school full time next week I have decided to cook for a full week on Sunday then Microwave every night. I'm not sure how well this will go over with the family but I need a change from the nightly ritual of cooking!
          Gizzy way to go with cutting back! its better than nothing. Your body will thank you!
          Tulip Welcome!!!!

Comment

Good afternoon....
            Made it another AF day yesterday. Funny story my husband and I were kidding around at the table and he was having a frustrating moment with our son and drew a cartoon guy smoking ( his on and off habit) on a napkin... I then added the guy holding a wine glass and a bottle... My older son said give me that I want to add something too... He took the napkin and made a big circle with a line through it ( like ghostbusters) ... I guess you had to be there. My not drinking is huge for my kids... I know big lightbulb

Tulip... Welcome! How are you doing today ?

Rolller... Great job getting to 6!

Mya... Hi ya sweety!

Gizzy... Welcome! Use the user cp button on the upper left hand screen to find your posts. You doing ok!

Anyone hear from Flyaway! Hope she is alright.

Talk later

Enough !
            Xoxo
            Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Mby... I like your cooking idea. Yes, even after a month plus, going into cooking mode is a huge trigger. Yesterday my "non cooking" husband was in the kitchen and when I came in he was making pancakes ( breakfast for dinner ) at the kids request. My control freak old self might of objected ... But what the heck... The kids were happy, it was healthy enough... and one less thing I had to do.

I realized I did not have that difficult a yesterday without my wine and I am sure my husband in the kitchen helped.

Sometimes we need to let go of things we like to do ( for me cook) to take better care of our family and see the bigger picture of what is really important.

E
              Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Enough, Spot on! I change my routine that normally would involve drinking wine. I to love cooking but that usually means a glass of wine. And we all know where that ends up! Sorry i havent posted much latley just been busy busy. Get to read all the posts daily so thanks eveyrone it really helps. Am off to work (8.ooam in OZ) will check in tonight with a longer update had a very interesting W/E Good luck everyone hope you have a nice relaxed AL free day

Comment

Where is everyone? Am I missing something? Hope everyone is OK!!

Comment

Hi, Boozer,

You're not missing anything from me. I'm tired and grumpy, so I decided it was best to leave my peeps alone. Tired of bitching, too.

No AL, though, but still no energy.

Have a good one.
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hey!
                      Not sure where our little group went, but wish they would check in!!!
                      I am a little worried because they are not on any other threads either. Hopefully just a busy couple days for all.

On my side of the world... Another AF day with no problem... Yeh.

Boozer... Yes you need to catch up. Glad to hear from you.

Juja... We are all grumpy sometimes... No worries.

Everyone else... ????

Talk soon!
                      Enough

Comment

I'm here just really busy!
                        Working on day 4!
                        Take care everyone

Comment

Day 1 for me.... starting over again. Looking for AF

Comment

Hiya Enough and everyone else....

I've been posting more under some of the other threads. I can't always remember what's going on where in the forum and tend to get a little confused.

On the subject of triggers, anytime GARLIC is involved in cooking, I've conditioned myself to associate that with having a glass of red in hand. As such, I am avoiding garlic like a vampire for now. (it's not the glass I sipped while cooking....it's the rest of the bottle I secretly finished off after dinner!) I know myself well enough to know that I do not need to court temptation in any form - at least for my first 30 days. I'm less than a week off from that milestone and I am determined to get there!
                            Sober for the Revolution!
                            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

really having a bad time right now. spent & hours in my car carting the kids(My grandchildren) around and getting ready for school. There are 6 of them from 1 to 9. I am tired and agitated. I just want to watch stupid TV. a mindless activity. I need to be alone for a while. NO my husband wants to snuggle and listen to music. His music, heavy rock. I like country and really want a drink I feel like all day everyone wanted something from me and now I finally get home and instead of relief I just get more demands. I am going to hide in the bathroom and take a long bath.

Comment

Mby... A bath sounds like a great idea. I also have had a horrible day. It started fine and got progressively worse. All I want is to raid our work bar and have a glass of wine or 5!!!!!

Haven't had a second to sit at work... Spinning around like a top with everyone wanting me right now. my husband decided to tell our son what he was getting for his 13th birthday next week without me! I get to yell at the kids and I have to miss out on the good stuff. I was angry and hung up on him; so I have to deal with that fight when I get home.... Arrrhhhhh!!!

I feel your pain driving all those kids around all day.

Stay strong and wish me the same!
                                Enough!

Comment

Working...
                                X