Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Sunday, I am busy cooking up a storm to get ready for the week ahead. Thank god I do not have any desire to drink at this time in the morning! moving forward!!! Since my 21st birthday I have always had a Margarita on my birthday. The first one was a virgin bc I was pregnant. For the last 3 years I have had to three pitchers. This year I will have my birthday drink just going back to the virgin. No reason to end a tradition just change it up a bit!!!

Comment

Hello everyone.
      I found you all three days ago and haven't stopped reading since.
      I'm on day 9 and only just beginning to feel normal again. My mood swings all over the place and I just hope I have the strength to keep this up.
      You have all been an inspiration to me. Thank you. X

Comment

Hi Jennie!
        Day 9... Awesome job! You have already made it through the worst time. Have you been drinking for a long time? Stopped before?

Think of all the reasons you want to quit or all the things you never want to do again. It helps to read them when things get tough.

Anyway... Welcome.

Enough!
        Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks E.
          Bit of an emotional wreck at the moment. Up and down like a yoyo.
          Shall relate gory details soon but for now just have to concentrate on another AF day.
          Thanks for your support.

Comment

Mby... Keep on cookin girl! When is your bday?

Feel great today and funny you mention margarita... For what ever reason ( no major craving ) I had one when I got home from work- a little booze in it. It tasted ok but I stopped. We all went for dinner and temptation was everywhere. Wine bottles hanging at the hostess booth giving samples out and then they sat us right off the bar where the bartender had in his hand my friend Patron. Arrrrhhhh.

So.... The waitor arrived and I kindly asked for a table away from the bar ( for the kids sale of course). My husband rolls his eyes but doesn't day a word. Planted at our new table he asked if there is anywhere else I would rather sit
            ( smart ass )

The new waitress comes over and I see my fav red on the menu by the glass... but I put ony big girl shoes and drumroll.... Order a bottle of Pellegrino water. Yeh me! My husband only hears her ask me if I want a large or small bottle and he pipes up " what happened to not drinking"- again... Dumb ass! I mention I had a margarita at home and he shrugs it off.

He is quite happy with me ordering a 5$ bottle of water and follows suite drinking it with me

Had a nice almost AF eve and woke up fresh for Sunday morning.

Talk soon!!!
            Enough

how did eveyone else manage this weekend? Check in!
            Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Jenny...

Best of luck! Be strong!

E

Comment

Jennie, welcome to our group! wow day 9, you are doing great so far.
                E. my bday is tomorrow. I made a promise to myself that if I beat this I was going to buy a motorcycle for my next Bday. I always wanted one but the way I drank I would have killed myself by now.

Comment

Day 4....I would say moderating but not AF. Yesterday.... Had a coke and whiskey with while cleaning.... my favorite. Kind of made me feel sick after one. So I went ahead and ate something. Felt crappy rest of day. Feel like I white knuckle each day. I know I need to stop. Right now I am sleeping crappy, but I know it will get better. I have done it before and I can do it again. Oh......reasons to do it.
                  1. Stop killing my body, brain 2. Stop risking my job, need clear head 3. Be there for my parents and husband who is on disability for siezures 4. lose weight and put diabetes back in remission. 5. Get off my ass and do something other than drink. 6. Stop hiding from the world.

Comment

Rosey... Day 4. Try to make today alcohol free. Just one day at a time, ok? One drink is probably many less then your usual, right???

Merlot... I was a 1-2 bottle of wine drinker for the better part of 15 years. It is almost 3pm here and 2 short months ago I would be half way through a bottle of white and have a few more bottles of red ready to pop. Today, I am sitting sober drinking a cranberry and club reading and relaxing.

The first few days then weeks are really tough. It is so worth the effort. My friends here have walked me off the imaginary edge before jumping many times. My anxiety is in check now. My life has some order. I can ride my car down the street to pick my boys up at 5 without worrying if I have to say hi to a mom and get found out.

We are here for each other! Chin up... Stay close to the thread and post as needed.

Enough!

Comment

Buy some l- glut.. Amino acid ( local supermarket/ vitamin store) and pop one every few hours. I chewed one a few times. It is gross to chew, but quickly makes you want to no drink becasue the taste is bad.

Keep hydrated... Keep busy... Big one- spill out the booze! Tell someone you trust you are not drinking. This will make you more accountable.

You have to really want to do this for yourself. No one else.

E!

Comment

Merlot.. The fog will be much better tomorrow. The anxiety takes a while but after the first week you will still have cravings but most of the time they are managable. A few weeks in anxiety is much much less.

Instead of having a drink think of all the reasons you want to stop and read your first posts. That's what I did amy it definately helped. Ask for help when you feel weak. Yes, you are allowed to feel both weak and vulnerable.

I felt like shit day 1-2 .. I think a little better 3-4.

Try to stay away from events that include alcohol. It was almost impossible for me anyway. Especially the first two weeks.

E!

I am here if you need me today

Comment

Remember it took you years to get here. It will take some time to get better. There are no miracle cures, just a bunch of people around the world trying to get to the same place.

Sober.

Xoxo
                          E

Comment

Checking in today.
                            Keeping myslef busy with cleaning, laundry etc..
                            Been really grouchy the last few days.

Comment

Hang in there Merlot100, when you've made it to day 2, you're going to be really proud of yourself. And... be prepared to be tired too. I didn't sleep much in the first couple days (I'm 15 days AF) but it comes. Even laying and getting rest will help you, you'll probably get more sleep than you think.

I know you're anxious about the evening, just take care of yourself with soothing things (music or movie, I cuddled up in a sheet my first day). Try to focus on your strength that brought you to this place. You've started this because you want a change, as we all do, and we can do it. I feel for you, I'm sure its already been tough day, but know you can get through day 1.
                              Good luck!

Also as Enough said, drink water and think about trying a supp to help; I'm taking the L-glut and think it helps reduce my cravings.

Comment

Merlot... How are you doing? Keep thinking ... It's just a bottle of wine. I am stronger then this stupid little bottle. Sounds gross... but someone on another thread reminded me of lovely red vomit chunks after a few bottles. That can't hurt if all else fails

Today... Congrats on 15 days.

Another AF day for me!

Enough!

Comment

Working...
                                X