Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Many many times. You are not alone.
    E
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Merlot

I'm pretty sure anyone on here has easily drank 2 bottles if wine in a day, but I don't think this is a drinking contest...

AL affects everyone different... just slow down! The more AF days you have the more clearly you will think and there is no point in worrying about the past, which you cant change...start fresh now and worry about things you can change.

Best of luck
      http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

Hi. I've lurked here not logged in for a long time, through each attempt to quit AL. I have succeeded stopping for small periods of time over the years, 30 or so days was the best. I'm an Aussie male, mid 30's, work hard, drink every night 6+ beers plus whatever else gets added after (cider, wine usually) and more on the weekends. It was reading Jaxx's post on page one of this thread that finally made me sign up - wow, I could have written that - eerie.

So this is my day one AF. I have kept a personal journal over the years of trying to stop - I'll go back and read that again now, however painful it is, not as punishment but as a reminder. Gonna start on vitamins and L-Glut tomorrow (it's late in the evening now) - and concentrate on doing things without AL.

Thanks for listening and to everyone else on day 1 - respect to you and best of luck.

Comment

Good for you wellspun

Keep it up

Patrice

Comment

Merlot... Not sure what advice to give. I know you have to really want to quit or cut down to do it. You need iron resolve and immense determination.
            Try to make the rest of the day alcohol free. Before you have a drink... Eat something... Chew a lGlut amino acid... Go for a walk... Chug a soda... Anything. Throw out all the booze in your house. If you can't stop on your own maybe you need some outside help from a dr or support group? I am just throwing out ideas for you!
            Good luck...
            Enough!
            Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Wellspun... Welcome... The more the merrier. I am glad you joined us after all your lurking the hardest part is the first post. I can not begin to tell you what a difference this thread has meant to me and many others here. Hopefully you can find a good place too!

We are a very non judgmental group. We have all had successes and failures. It is a journey and I won't lie... It's not so easy. Soooo work the effort.

Patrice... Hi and welcome too! Let us know a little about you.

On my end... I feel awesome today. I did have two glasses of wine yesterday, but that was it. Feel refreshed and slept great.

It's a great day...

Enough!

Comment

Wow nervous!

:new: By posting it is admitting I have a problem!! But I do, again its wine and I am also a Mom. I don't think I am doing the best job of being a Mom though. I am such a newbie please could you tell me what AF is.... Was anyone else nervous first posting? Here is hoping this is the answer.

Comment

Hello sick'tired- will just call you st for short
                  I know how tough it is writing and posting that first time. Read the first couple pages on this thread. I started this up back in the summer. I was a total mess. Also a mom of 2- doing a really crappy job. Drinking a bottle, sometimes up to two. Not remembering the last hour of every single day. It was a awful cycle. I had to stop it.

Getting a handle on things is a process. I had almost a month AF ( alcohol free ). Then moderated... Then went back to gulpIng down wine.. Now I am back on track for a short time now, but very determined to beat this demon.

Stay close to the thread... Post as needed... I highly recommend the amino acid L- glutamine... Eat regularly and drink lots of water and tea.

Best...

Enough!

Comment

Welcome wellspun!! I did the same thing....lurked for weeks before my first post and attempt.

I am a super believer that the vitamines and suppliments are a big help! Stay positive! The people here are truly amazing!

Boh

Third times a charm!

Comment

Sick N tired

:welcome:

Don't be nervous this group is full of wonderful people with great advice and support!

AF = alcohol free

You found a great place to start your journey, we all can relate.

Boh

Third times a charm!

Comment

Merlot

Sorry to hear you had a lapse this morning, but remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life, so have a try at abstaining again ! I got through another day without drink today. That makes four in a row and I am proud of myself. It has all seemed easier this time, but I am not going to get complacent this time. I know that the monster is in my head just looking for that little chink that will make me have just one drink then it will be back to how I was.

I went out and bought two new soft drinks today. Two that I have not tried before and I am sat here sipping them whilst I write. I have two bottles of white wine in the small fridge next to me and they are only still there because I wont panic because I don't have access to alcohol. Also reading Alan Carrs Easyway book and I think that is helping a little. Best of luck to you guys out there and Merlot keep trying...I know you will succeed because you want to !

Tim

Comment

love it

so excited to see results and happiness! I am so scared to quit,

Comment

It's okay to be scared... Do it anyway

E!

Comment

I conquered day one because of Enough!

:thanks: I did it. It wasn't easy, forgotten how to fall asleep without my wine-down. Thought spArkling water and grape juice would be all that I needed, have got that so wrong. Feel like I am living my own celebrity rehab! How did I let it get this bad? Will try to post often but am trying to keep this from DH who can have one drink and stop, how and why can't I? So chuffed I am not alone and found this support, am petrified of AA because of the totally giving up, too scary, although not sure if I can do the mod thing either, going to take it one day at a time, need to get through the weekend, first hurdle. Stay strong everyone we can do it, we have to for the kids!

Comment

Well done ST !!

We can take it only one day at a time. I found day two a little easier but you still get that little nagging in your head and we have to resist that. Best of luck for the weekend. Just think how you will feel by Sunday night if you achieve it ??

Tim

Comment

Working...
                                X