Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great words, mighty...thank you. I can see why this would be the honeymoon stage cuz it feels so good not drinking right now.

Comment

Hi Summer. It really is a honeymoon but be prepared for some low points and know that it is normal and will pass. Stay strong. I am curious to know from the senior members if any of you went through this same process of a honeymoon and then harsh reality.
      "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

Hi all

Day four going well so far. Last night I had a great sleep and got up nice and fresh. Even ate a full breakfast ! I'm so pleased it is going Ok for all on this thread. Keep it up everyone. I must admit I got a bit of a twinge for a drink a few minutes ago, but no chance. I'm not going through that again if I can help it. Summerstar, the book is called Kick the drink easily by Jason Vale. I really believe that it has helped me to get as far as I have.

Comment

good morning all and glad to hear we are all on track, maybe a wobbly track but suceeding just the same. well day 9 for me today and i am still sooooo tired. I have a fire drill at work today and guess who is fire warden, oh that would be me, so my anxiety levels are pretty high this am. just to imagine killing all these neurologists and patients eeek. i am sure i will be fine but was much easier to do it with a massive hangover and not give a F.

a rainy stormy day in melbourne, may fit my mood but loving no hangover and two digits tomorrow.

take care everyone and i hope you all have another successful day in AL land
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi available

Is it the AL withdrawal that is making me feel tired as well ? I got in a while back and felt so tired after my day and was ready togo to bed. I hope that is not going to last too long as I want to be energetic ?

Comment

thanks mm for your words of wisdom. yes it wa like tht when we first started, all happy, manic, we can do it. now we are doing it, it is like wow i am doing this which is great but ............... this is forever really and tht is scary. one day at a time and god i am feeling better and looking better. i had 3 zits on my face tht would not go away. told the kids it was pms but i think it was the alcohol bursting through. they have gone now and i knew i knew. definitely going the 30 days then the struggle begins with my mums 75th birthday. to decide to drink or to decide to not. i dont know and i cant answer tht qestion yet, i dont want to go back today 1. sigh

have a great day all, another AL free and hangover free and loving it.

Comment

Hi all, I am also a wine guzzler. I dont even taste the wine these days and I sure as hell can not sip it. Today is Day1 for me. I am sitting her with darling daughter asleep upstairs. Hubby late home and normally wouldve had at least half a bottle and some shots to keep the buzz going.
                Kukani- I would love to be able to have some drinks in moderation but I dont think I will be able to. I gave up whilst pregnant and feeding but straight back on it when I could.
                Good luck everyone.

Comment

MinStar, I replied to your post in Newbies Nest. I hope it helps.
                  "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

Hi Minstar

You have come to the right place. I have taken so much comfort from the wonderful people on here..and so can you. Until last week, I was just like you, guzzling the filthy stuff just for the sake of it and not liking the taste one little bit. Result, going to bed nearly comatose and waking up feeling like I had been run over by a bus. Wondering if I dare drive and then looking at the clock waiting until lunchtime before having another fix. I am on day four now and feeling much better. You are so lucky to have that little daughter and perhaps you can avoid doing what I did..you see I have three lovely grown up daughters, one of whom is 26 and still living at home. They grew up watching their dad staggering around the house drunk most nights. I can never repay that and I can never forgive myself for putting them through that. You have the chance to avoid doing what I did and I hope that you can. Good luck and please stay on this thread.

Comment

oh timpin good on you for day 4. tired, now no AL gives it a new meaning doesnt it. i try and stay awake so i can get a good nights sleep but staying awake till 11pm thinking i will be awake all night when actually i only wake up for the alarm. we need to retrain ourselves i think. tonight i am going to try and go to sleep at 10.30 and work my way down in hours. it has been a long time since i was asleep at8.30. I agree the kids suffer big time. mine are very proud of me at the moment and i want to keep tht momentum going. their dad is a drinker also and when i told my ex i was giving up he laughed and said if he has no beer he goes to bed.

GOAL: double digits

Comment

morning everyone and so good to hear all the positives. I have just woken from the soundest sleep I have had in ages to day 4 and still full of determination. Avail, I also have some events looming which are really going to be hard, but trying not to think of them whenever I start to panic. Today is important.
                        Agree with you all, my kids also just verging on adulthood and I have lost count of how many times over the last few days I have wished I started on this journey when they were younger. Not good what they have witnessed.
                        MinStar, if I could turn back the clock and get the wine out of my life when they were babies, I would. There were too many special times where I only have hazy or (even worse) embarrassing memories.

Comment

Hi guys, saw Minstar & Lilla have joined you on here, thought I'd come along for the ride. Day 15 for me yesterday. My goal for the moment is to make it through to midnight without a drink. I know exactly what you're saying about the initial honeymoon period, I was euphoric at first but it has been really tough these last couple of days. I'm trying to see it for what it is, AL clinging on for grim death, I just have to see it through the next few weeks and it will get easier, I truly believe that, and I really don't want to start all over again. When the urge to drink got really bad the other day I took the dog out in the middle of nowhere, with no money in my pockets, and walked and walked until the shops had shut and I couldn't give in to impulse and rush out to buy wine.
                          AL free since 24 October 2011

Comment

good on u nollie, wish i had somewhere to walk the dogs without shops nearby but i have been walking them and taking no money. u go girl, 15 more days till 30 days and if u have made it this far u can keep going. think of how fit we will all be. not walking dogs today as a storm going to happen but dont feel like a drink anyways

Comment

Hey all! Thanks Lilla- I do hope I can get this now before it becomes harder. I can't stand the thought of her being like me

Nollie hello hello again! I think it is great you are fighting the urge. I normally get it when Baby is asleep so have to think of other things to do. Thinking of starting up Knitting, Crocheting and Painting. All which I started years ago and it's all in boxes now gathering dust!

Available- well done on not wanting a drink!

Day 2 for me- eeek! soo tired today and body feels like so achey!

Comment

Well done on getting day 1 out of the way MinStar - hardest part of a thousand mile journey is the first step and all that. I don't know how I got through that first day, it's been easier since for sure.

Few cravings earlier this evening , fresh juice to the rescue again. It seems to get me over the craving to juice it all up (not to mention cleaning the machine, yuk) and something to enjoy with ice in a nice glass after the cravings have died a bit. I don't know if you are meant to do the association thing with a nice glass of a "treat" drink but I figure different things work for different people.

This site has been the main help though, great for us all to support each other in our early days and weeks. Bye all, here's to another successful day.

Comment

Working...
                                X