Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deal... Prairie. It sounds silly... But it has become just to easy to blow it. A bottle of wine... No big deal! Every single day! Yes it is a big deal. I just begun finishing a bottle and openong another for " a little more" I am tired of waking up with my heart beating so fast trying to get rid of this silly poison I put in my body the night before.

I have sooooo much going right in my life right now. This needs to stop.
    E!
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

To clarify... I am not drinking at this moment... The past few weeks I have opened a second bottle at times.
      E
      Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

No worries - personally - when they came out with good wine in boxes? EGAD!!!

Bad Prairie.
        That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
        Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
        AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Hi guys,

This is attempt #4 to post from my blacberry ... The extensive travel and Xmas parties are taking their toll but I still keep modding ... Made it most times ...

Miss you all, sorry for not posting - I was not in a good place for a bit of time ... But I am back ...

Big hug to all. .... Enough, Fly, Boozer ...
          workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Enough! Shue!

I've got tears in my eyes....I am sooooooo glad you are back!

And Flyaway....it's great to see you on the AF thread these days...the folks there sure have been a tremendous support to me.

hugs and strength to all....
            Sober for the Revolution!
            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Yay, it's a reunion! I'm so glad you're all here!

Comment

Shue!!!!!!!!
                Turn!!!!!!
                Fly!!!!
                Omg... I don't cry but my eyes are not dry either I am soooo happy you are here with me.
                Thank you.
                E!

Comment

Finally home, after a 6 hour drive.

Enough, let's try again ...

I had good days and bad days .... At home, alone it is still the worst for me ... The lack of accountability seems just too appealing and I often end up having more than i intended.

Last night I took out my team for our Christmas party, i went back to my colleage years rules - keep dancing , no more than onedrink per hour, lots of soda ... Made it on 5 inch heels until 3 AM ... Only had 3 gin and tonics ...

Tomorrow i will get my punishment in the gym ....

Have a nice night all, I am wiped

Xoxo
                  workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Great job moderating Shue! I'd end up in the hospital if I attempted a night out in 5 inch heels!

Comment

Hello Everyone
                      I'm new here, decided today to give up the wine after many years of being in denial. I found this site during browsing for how to quit drinking information on the internet. I look forward to giving as well as receiving support.
                      Many thanks to all of you for being here and sharing your personal experiences it gives me the courage and motivation to stop abusing myself with wine. I welcome any advice. (Day 1) I'm gonna take it one day at a time!!

Comment

Welcome Jamonique - you are in the right place, Two good areas are the newbies nest - almost always someone is on there and lots of great ideas and help to get you on your journey, and the tool box has great advice and tools for succeeding.
                        We are all in the same boat and there is such good support and new friends that will cheer you along every step of the way - gald to have you join us!:welcome:
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi Jamonique

Welcome to the site. I hope that you are able to get the same benefits from it as many of here do. I have had a problem with drink for more years than I care to remember, but I came here 43 days ago and now I have a new life. You say that you want to give support to others as well as receive it. I get a great kick out of helping people and passing on my own experiences in the hope that it will benefit them as it has me.

I believe that each of us is individual and we have different ways of tackling the problem, but for sure you will never achieve it without a plan. No miracle cures, however if you set your stall out right then it is not that difficult. There are plenty of examples of people who have done that right here on this site.

For me, I was determined I was going to stop and researched the subject in great depth. For me, AA was not an option as I don't like their methods, so I bought Jasons Vales book called Kick the drink easily. I made my stop date coincide with the arrival of the book and I haven't touched a drop since. There have been a few weak moments, but the great people here helped me through that !

If you go through with this, one thing I promise you is that life will get so much better..and richer too because you'll have more money to spend on yourself. I am getting such a kick out of not drinking, so much so that I have now told all my friends via Facebook that I've kicked it for good, so I am kind of committed now !

Go for it Jamonique. If I can do it then anyone can ! Good luck and stay around here for all of the help that you need.

Comment

Hi Jamonique! I couldn't agree with Timpin any more. It's crucial that you make a plan. Willpower is not enough. There are books you can read, meds you can take, supplements that will help from the health food store, hypnotic CDs, exercise, meditation, you name it. Timpin also mentioned Kick The Drink Easily and again I agree, fantastic book. Check out the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html to get more ideas on what has helped others make it to the other side.

Comment

Good on you Enough and Shuaddict, Welcome back. I to need to stay close as I am back into my old habits!!! Doesn't take long does it? With Christmas Celebrations in full swing it is damned hard. My plan is NOT to drink this week, its to dangerous,to many parties. just have to stay strong and say no. Good to see u both are back.l

Comment

Hello to all!
                                Boozer... Fly... Yes it's a tough week to say no!
                                Tim... Lass... Really nice to see you on the thread its really nice to see me on the thread too!!!!
                                Jamon... Welcome.. I see you have some really good advice to follow. How are you doing?

On my end... Two days waking up without a hangover! Novel. Not AF but at least stopped before I lost my ability to know "when to".
                                Hope everyone is finding some success. I will be accountable. Good or bad.

Enough!

Comment

Working...
                                X