Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking in... 4 days until I can rest!!! Just need to stay accountable. Nothing monumental to report.
    Have a great day!
    E!
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Haven't been here in awhile, so I really need to catch up on everyone.
      Hope to be able to do that tonight.
      I have had my good days and my bad. The next week is going to be really hard but I have made my decison that Jan 1st! I am doing this not just the quit drinking but also excersing and getting my old self back. I will check n soon!

Comment

Hi Mya - it is good to see you here again, I think there will be a good group of us with a fabulous NY resolution - and the more the merrier and stronger we will be!
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

mya and scottish the new year will be a great year for all of us. this christmas joy is so hard and ive had my ups and downs but am determined as we all are to keep trying and eventually win over AL.
          have a great christmas x
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Just checking in with my group! We can do it guys. :groupluv:

Comment

Hey Mya! Lass! Avail! Fly!
              Yes... After the holidays it is a date. Been managing to wake up UN-hungover which is pretty much best case scenario right now. Lots of wine flowing everywhere around me and not passing it up.
              I have to add... My life is going really great right now I am truly blessed.

Merry Christmas to all!
              Enough
              Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Can't forget my friend Shue! Merry Xmas sweety!
                E!

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone! Just checking in between baking and cleaning. I wish you all the best.

Comment

Good Morning everyone. Merry Christmas to you all. Its Christmas Day in OZ and 8.30am Take very good care everyone and thanks so much for being there for me throughout the year. and Yep the booze is REALLY flowing here in Australia!!! XXXXX PS Doing a TurkanDuckin for Lunch so better get busy!!!

Comment

Boozer I'm doing a Turducken and a stuffed ham for dinner. Fortunately I bought them both already stuffed!

Comment

Hi all - Merry Christmas to all those who have it now - Christmas Eve here in California! Looking forward to starting a strong AL free 2012. I see Santa is in Scotland now (the girls track him on NORDAC!) - we still have supper and trying to settle so Santa can do the stockings. I am usually passed out by that stage and Dad does it - but seeing Dad lives in his own place just as well I am staying sober so I can play Santa tonight! Not Whisky for teh jolly guy this year:H:H:H
                        Hang in storng everyone!
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!!!

Comment

Hello, all,

Shue--so glad to see you again! Yahoo!:h

Enough!--I believe this was the first thread I may have posted on, and I'd like to re-up, as I've had too many Day 1's.

Hi, Flyaway, Boozer, Scottish Lass, available. Is winesucks around?

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. Mine was excellent, but I have to say I'm glad it's over. Whew. I'm exhausted, but not hungover.

Wine was flowing yesterday, and I didn't pass it up. So much for my rehearsed mantras. Tonight will definitely be AF.

Love to all---:l

Juja
                            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Merry late Xmas, friends,

Sorry for not posting ? I was sick with flu and so was my son but that did not slow me down in either cooking or drinking (ouch ? :bang)

Enough ? hooray for the hangover free mornings ( HFMs - to quote Juja), you started this thread and I jumped in head first ? now we seem to be in a similar place ?
                              :h
                              Fly ? so good to see you back :l

Juja ? thanks so much for keeping tabs on me even when I went AWOL :thanks:

Boozer ? my Sauv blanc brother from the other side of the world, thank you too .

I cannot make any promises other than being resolute in keeping my optimism levels up and not giving up on beating this monster .:hallo:

I too count HFM days as positive results ? I cannot stay AF (unless I am too hung over ? 2 such occasions in Dec already). Jason?s Vale good teachings are forgotten I can only rely on my common sense ? which seems to vanish into thin air after the second drink.

I shall leave you with the joke I got in my Christmas cracker:

? Q: What is the most common Xmas wine?
                              A: I hate Brussel sprouts
                              ?

Love you all, let?s keep trying
                              workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Hello hello and happy HFM !!!

Last night I wasn?t going to drink but did ? OK, only 2 teensy weensy glasses ? NOT modding ? just trying to stretch the glass to the maximum ? It dawned on me how weak I have become again, drinking just to keep the alcoholics at the table happy (they are all posh snobs with big time alcoholic tendencies )

Tonight tonight ? I shall fight!
                                workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Working...
                                X