Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

twitch I know exactly how you feel I'm the same

Comment

twitch - and merry - me too!!!
      “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Hi everyone
        We can do this.
        The start of Day 1 for me!

Comment

Hello to all my old friends and welcome to the rest.
          Yes, the company is finally all gone and checked out of our guest room which we call the " hotel". Very, very full recycle bins since the beginning of December. Not sure how many cases of and we went through, but it was a lot.

Brand new month and back to better habits. I wil check in later.
          Enough.
          Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Happy New Year to you all and a very very big special hug to Enough. :l

Sweetie, when you first said ?Conquering day 1? I had no idea just how true this rings in so many ways. Here I am trying since Xmas to have a day 1 ? obviously I am not trying hard enough.

I had 7 consecutive days of no more than 1-2 drinks a day but that elusive AF day just escapes me.

I am psyching myself up for an AF holiday ? on Saturday I am going for 2 weeks to South America to visit friends, if I do not stop drinking now it will be downhill there.

Lots of love from me, wish you all a better year than the last one.
            workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Today is day one for me also. We can do this!

:new:
              Enough!;1145150 wrote: After wasting the last 15 plus years gulping down bottle after bottle of wine. The bottles getting bigger and cheaper so I can talk myself into believing I don't have a problem. Guess what .... I am a Alcoholic! there I said it. Now I have the huge job of fixing it. Threw out the mostly empty 1.5 L left from yesterday. Big step.... Hid the corksrew and decanter and wine picture. I may be insane, but I believe can do this?

Now have to go shopping NOT buy wine and make it to day 2.
              A little scared of day 2. Support welcomed.
              Enough! :new:

Comment

Hello!
                Well... I managed to stop at 2 yesterday and that was a small success for me. Even left a little left in the bottle ( another small win ). Had an evening of tossing and turning, but woke up feeling good. Nothing new same crappy sleep after cutting back on day 1!!! Wow do I really know this cycle or what!

Still does not make me want to quit! Why???

Shue... Big hug to you and I have not had a AF day since maybe November. So you are doing better
                Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Eiti...
                  Thank you for posting... That was I believe my first comment on the thread. It's been an interesting ride since I arrived and began ( over 6 months ago) . Please keep posting and find happiness.

Let us know if you need help.
                  Enough!

Comment

Really miss everyone on this thread.
                    I hope everyone is doing ok, please check in.
                    End of day 2 for me.

Comment

Day 1 !!!! Hoorayy , I did it !!! I did not drink yesterday!

I feel like an idiot for feeling so happy but I wanted this for so long now.

Enough, your time will come, remember how boozer went through a slow down then AF, I thought about that too. The fact that there is still wine left in your bottle is indeed a win. I am putting on the seat heater for in the wagon, it is just waiting for you to hop on, my friend. Whenever you?re ready.

Eiti, stick around, day 2 for me now (I had a few of these by now) ? tell us a bit about you .

Mya - good to see you again
                      workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Hi Eiti, welcome to MWO.

Hi everyone. Doing fine, just haven't been hanging out here much.

Comment

Good to see you Shue

Welcome Eiti

Hi Flyaway.

Will check back later in the middle of Day 3

we can do this

Comment

Hey Mya... Fly!
                            Shue congrats on getting a AF day! Did you get 2??

I was off yesterday running around doing errands with my boys and was fine until I started taking down Xmas stuff and cleaning up the mess that goes with it. The wine started pouring right before 5 and a bottle plus later was tipsy by dinner. Disappointed with myself.

I am determined today can be a AF day for me!!! Wish me luck.
                            Enough!

Comment

I wish you luck. you can do it! I am beginning my third day. hope I can make it.

Comment

Well, dear friends, I'm back, and with a hangover, I might add.

I've stayed away from the boards because I was getting addicted to it just like FB, but most importantly, after awhile it depressed me. I was getting nowhere in my struggle, and I would read where folks were days, months, years AF, and it made me feel worse about myself. Does that make any sense?

So, make a plan. What does that mean?

Anyway, I'm back with you all, but am nervous about it. How many times can a person fail?

Here's to Day 1. I can do it because I feel like crap. This will pass, and tomorrow will be better.

Way to go Shue, mya and eiti! Enough, you and I are on Day 1.

Love,
                                Juja:l
                                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Working...
                                X