Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Juja - I am with you. Day 1. :-)
    That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
    Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
    AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Prairie Fairy;1239340 wrote: Ok Juja - I am with you. Day 1. :-)
      Thank you, dear PF. :l We were getting acquainted before I bailed out.....

So, who all is on Day 1? I'm too tired to read back.

God, I feel so alone, even though I know I'm not.:upset:

I've pushed myself to do life stuff today--no excuses allowed--eaten well, drunk lots of water, and now I'm going to take a hangover nap so I'll feel better tonight.
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hello lovelies,

Just closing in day 3 with a nice cuppa and milk thistle tablets.

Enough and Juja, my buddies, I am so happy to see you back on. For the very selfish reason that I need your support to make it through 2 weeks AF while on holiday in South America .

Eiti and Mya ? how did 3rd day go? I went out for dinner at my local and said no to an offer for drink 4 times ?.

PF ? bring in day 2

Nighty night, much love from me, I am so happy to see the wagon filling up
        :h:h
        workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Juja;1239333 wrote: Well, dear friends, I'm back, and with a hangover, I might add.

I've stayed away from the boards because I was getting addicted to it just like FB, but most importantly, after awhile it depressed me. I was getting nowhere in my struggle, and I would read where folks were days, months, years AF, and it made me feel worse about myself. Does that make any sense?

So, make a plan. What does that mean?

Anyway, I'm back with you all, but am nervous about it. How many times can a person fail?

Here's to Day 1. I can do it because I feel like crap. This will pass, and tomorrow will be better.

Way to go Shue, mya and eiti! Enough, you and I are on Day 1.

Love,
          Juja:l
          Juja, you are not alone and don't look at it as a failure but a learning experience. What did you learn? What will you do differently? This is part of making your plan. It is a living document just as you are a living being. Things change and so do we. Pick yourself up and give it your best! :l
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

shueaddict;1239460 wrote: Hello lovelies,

Enough and Juja, my buddies, I am so happy to see you back on. For the very selfish reason that I need your support to make it through 2 weeks AF while on holiday in South America.

Nighty night, much love from me, I am so happy to see the wagon filling up
            :h:h
            Are you going to South America this weekend? Will you be checking in with us? I hope so. If not, wear a bracelet to remind you of us, and fiddle with it on your wrist when you consider drinking.

I'm might glad to see the wagon filling up too! :h:l
            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

RingingCedars;1239557 wrote: What did you learn? What will you do differently? :l
              If I understood how to multi-quote, I wouldn't be posting so many replies/posts. Sorry.

RC>I learned that just because I have a day of freedom, and feel happy doesn't mean I have to celebrate with AL. So, next time I'll have to be mindful of that, and delight only in the happiness that freedom brings. Thanks for the reminder.

Fly>Good to see you. Glad you're doing okay. Thanks for checking in.

mya>Day 3-good for you. Keep it up.

We need Winesucks!

PF and Enough>Since we're both on Day 1, do you want to set a week goal--Jan.12? Or, if we knew when Shue was returning, we could use that date as a goal to get us and her through. Regardless, for me, it's Jan. 12.

Love to all---:h

Comment

Hey juja..
                Glad to see you set a goal. Yes we need as much support as possible. So we need all our friends around.

I am proud to say I am sipping tea!!!! Came home to crazy kids and managed to not open one of the many bottles of wine on the rack.

An AF day for me. I finally had a day 1! I don't want to pick a date... Let's see how tomorrow goes.

Hugs!
                E
                Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Day 1 Dusted.

Today I was stronger than AL. :-)
                  That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                  AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Yeyy, this wagon rocks !!!! :banana:

Bring in day 4 for me! Gosh girls, if you only knew what a pitiful struggle was to stop altogether, delaying the moment day after day for the sake of just one or two drinks, no more because my liver hurt ? is that mad or what?

Anyway, I am leaving tomorrow at noon ? EU time ? I will try one more post in the morning, then in Argentina I shall be closer to your time, my US friends. I am bringing the IPAD and will check in on you.

I am back on the 20th, wouldn?t it be great to find you all still AF ?!?!

Girls, it?s now or never for me. I know from past experience that if I start drinking on holiday, no matter how little I will not stop when I get back; then gradually but faster then before I will be back on one bottle.

Back to work, I have a ton of things to do before I leave.

Big hug from me, stay strong, I know for a fact we each have what it takes inside us
                    :hug:
                    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

But it's not now or never Shue - I am reading an interesting book by a psychological research scientist - and was struck dumb when he mentioned in passing that for difficult behviors such as smoking, weight loss, or *drinking* - that it takes people many times to quit for good because it's almost that practicing quitting is important in a successful process.

I read it last night while I was falling asleep - so I will do digging this weekend on that. It's my weekend on my own so I will have time...

Safe travels!
                      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Prairie> Very interesting....keep us updated on the practicing of quitting. Oh, and my day one is tagged and bagged, too. Day 2--it's you and me, kid! Enough, too, I hope.:l

Shue> Safe travels, my dear friend.:h Also, I set your anniversary date as my last extended goal and made it; maybe I'll do the same for the 20th. I may stick with Jan. 12 though.

Enough>Do what you need to do. I'm here for you, regardless. :l

Mates to Winesucks. Come in please. We've got a seat for you on the wagon.:l

HFM. Isn't it the best? Ripping and ready to go!

Comment

Good morning! I hope you don't mind if I join your thread. I generally post on the Newbie's Nest, but read most of the others.

I wanted to say that the idea that practicing not drinking is an important part of becoming AF really hits home with me. After 20 years of daily drinking, I've managed to stop for 1 to 10 days a number of times in the last 9 months with the knowledge and support I have received since finding MWO. I'm currently on Day 3 and am ready to put all this practice to good use, and finally kick AL to the curb for good.
                          ~ The chief cause of failure is trading what you want most for what you want now ~
                          -----------------------------------
                          Goal #1 - 7 days AF -

Comment

Day 5 for me

Hi All,
                            Would love to join you here. Did 2 months AF last June & July, then the old 'just 1 drink' thought slipped back in. I totally agree about having to practice stopping something addictive. It took me several attempts over several years to quit smoking, now I hate the smell of it.
                            I have been stopping & starting being AF for the last few years & would love to get there & for it not to be a problem anymore. Am on Day 5 now. I have been out 3 times in those 5 days, last night to a wedding & drove home happily at 3am. Feel great today. Was under a bit of pressure to drink but not worried about it, am just saying I am sick of it because I drank too much over Christmas. Have told everyone I am stopping for January, told a few people that I am hoping not to drink this year. Am planning on running my first full marathon in December so that is going to be my focus along with losing 15-20 pounds.
                            I had similar plans last Jan & lasted a few days. But I din't have MWO in my life then. Also I have learnt so much over the last year about AL & addiction that it is all helping. I am prepared now to get a bit uncomfortable & ride out the tough times.
                            SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Ok I'm back to Day 1
                              a friend came over really upset and brought a bottle of wine
                              I had two glasses
                              darn it

Comment

Hello all,

Day 5 for me too SarahJane. Been back and forth to MWO for a couple of years now. Wish I could make it stick. Made a real attempt last year - just this time last year and went a little over 4 months until I started back down the slippery slope to about a bottle of wine a night. Slowed down, started back up. So I'm back and determined to make it stick. Praire Fairy - like what you said about it practicing quitting and it may take several attempts - that gives me hope! Out shopping today and stopped at not my usual grocery store that has my favorite liquor store next to it. Passed it by - Yay me!

If you guys wouldn't mind, I would like to join you - MWO has the most caring supportive people I have ever met and I don't know why I keep going away from it!

Mya - that would have been too much temptation for me too but great that you stopped at 2 glasses!

:l to all of us who keep struggling and hope everyone feels as great as I do when I wake up sober and not beating myself up for drinking yet again the night before!
                                Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Working...
                                X