Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna try day one today. I went 3-5 days successfully but the weekends make it harder. I guess i'll have to get my head straight and control the urges. Wish me luck, friends!
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do." ~Confucius~:wings:

Comment

Good luck Greenhorn! The weekends are a mountain we all have get past. I would have to say waking up sober early on Saturday and Sunday mornings is fantastic.
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Give it your best, Greenhorn! :welcome:
        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Winding down another very busy day with a cup of tea. Hope everyone is having a good night.
          E!
          Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi all - hope you are all well and I'm very ashamed to say I dropped off the scene for a while - but I really hope you will let me come back and join you?! The most I managed to go AF before was 10 days and have recently tried only drinking every other day.

However, I'm feeling really quite scared. I've been drinking really heavily over Christmas and have actually started to get pains in my liver area (I've been reading on the web and apparently that's quite serious). My stomach also looks puffy with water retention so I know that i HAVE to stop drinking now or else I am going to die. Up until now it's bothered me about my health and the social consequences - but I suppose I thought that as I don't drink for morning til night (just a couple of bottles of wine in the eve) that it couldn't be life threatening - but now I think it really is.

So - I am seriously going to try again. I look at all of you on this site who have managed to give up drinking and I think there must be hope for me to do this too. So here's to day 1 and I am going to make sure I sign in everyday from now on to try and keep on track.

I've lost track of everyone on this post because it is so huge now - but glad to see that you are still hanging in Enough - and hope to get to know you all soon. :thanks:
            Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Hello, Dear Snap,

I've been wondering about you. :l

I'm glad you're joining us, but I hope you'll go to the doctor, too. Any plans for that?

Please keep us informed about your progress and any plans. Others here can tell you how to help repair your liver.

Love,
              Juja:h
              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

hi Snapdragon,
                Glad to see you again. I know what you mean with being puffy, i have also got what my girls call a "seal" cough which i get in the morning , it makes you feel ill.
                I wanted so much to not have anymore wine but have slipped all ready. I have just tipped the rest away. I do not want to live my life like this anymore.I just wish i had a good reason to be able to say that i did it for ?

Take care
                x
                AF 10th June 2014

Comment

gingerspice;1243265 wrote: hi Snapdragon,
                  Glad to see you again. I know what you mean with being puffy, i have also got what my girls call a "seal" cough which i get in the morning , it makes you feel ill.
                  I wanted so much to not have anymore wine but have slipped all ready. I have just tipped the rest away. I do not want to live my life like this anymore.I just wish i had a good reason to be able to say that i did it for ?

Take care
                  x
                  You did it for YOU, dear Ginger. And, who are the "my girls" you're referring to?

I take it you're pretty down on yourself....:l

I bet you could come up with 5 things you do well, if you put your mind to it. Focus on those today.

I realize I'm giving advice here, and I'm no paragon of virtue or strength, but I am trying to make some positive changes in my life so I, too, feel better about myself. You can do it, too.

That goes for all you Day 1'rs, too.:groupluv:[

Comment

Hello all!

Well almost slipped off to tipsy land yesterday! Caught myself at about 3 glasses, but managed to somehow not open yet another bottle. Can't let a stressful or hard day be a " reason" to drink. Still hangover free... Just one more glass and all bets would have been off.

Green... Good luck with day 1. Welcome.
                    Snap!!! Hey! No looking back... You are here today... With friends we all want the same the things. BTW.. I also consumed ALOT in December.

Ginger... Back on board you go. Bet you can give 5 good reasons. You have girls right?
                    Juja... Doing alright??

Have a great sober day.
                    Enough!
                    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi,
                      thanks Juga .My girls are my four children ,all grown up.
                      I phrased my last post wrong .What i meant to say was that i wish that i knew what got me drinking so much in the first place.They always say that it helps to know the root of the problem. I have a happy marriage of 23 years ,4 healthy children - i dont understand myself.

thanks again for the concern
                      xx
                      AF 10th June 2014

Comment

gingerspice;1243375 wrote: Hi,
                        thanks Juga .My girls are my four children ,all grown up.
                        I phrased my last post wrong .What i meant to say was that i wish that i knew what got me drinking so much in the first place.They always say that it helps to know the root of the problem. I have a happy marriage of 23 years ,4 healthy children - i dont understand myself.

thanks again for the concern
                        xx
                        Good question that only you can answer. AL's funny, though. You start with one or two a night, and if you have the right chemistry, it builds and builds. Maybe that's it????:l

Don't know what's with me tonight: lonely, anxious, and feel like drinking. Having an AF beer now. 2 weight watchers points down the gullet.

Comment

Juja;1243510 wrote:
                          Don't know what's with me tonight: lonely, anxious, and feel like drinking. Having an AF beer now. 2 weight watchers points down the gullet.
                          You're doing so well Juja and so near your 7 days. Hope the craving has passed. Did the AF beer help? Big hug for you :l I hate that lonely anxious feeling. 2 weight watchers points better than giving in to AL. Stay strong honey
                          You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

FreeFly;1243522 wrote: You're doing so well Juja and so near your 7 days. Hope the craving has passed. Did the AF beer help? Big hug for you :l I hate that lonely anxious feeling. 2 weight watchers points better than giving in to AL. Stay strong honey
                            Yes, the AF beer helped, but I'm still craving.

I saw another post where you said Day 5 is a wobbly one for you; it must be for me, too. I could really drink some wine right now. I'm glad there's none here. Whew.

I'll do my best on WW, but I may be tackling too much at once.

Thanks for the support, FF.:l

Comment

Hi,
                              I too am struggling. I managed three days of abstinance, then a rather generous glass of wine. Nothing the next day. Today is Friday and since it is always stressful to get ready for the sabbath, i find myself wanting to just numb everything. Today Iplan to be different, drink water while cooking and keep it together. I have my son and his wife living with me as well as six children. Two young adults, one who is developmentally disabled. I so want to keep it together and have just one glass of wine for kiddush. Wish me luck and pray!

Comment

Good luck today Eiti, sounds like you definitely have your hands full! Beginning of day 5 and getting back in the groove. This has been the best choice I've made so far this year. Hope everyone has a great day and sober weekend.
                                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X