Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After wasting the last 15 plus years gulping down bottle after bottle of wine. The bottles getting bigger and cheaper so I can talk myself into believing I don't have a problem. Guess what .... I am a Alcoholic! there I said it. Now I have the huge job of fixing it. Threw out the mostly empty 1.5 L left from yesterday. Big step.... Hid the corksrew and decanter and wine picture. I may be insane, but I believe can do this?

Now have to go shopping NOT buy wine and make it to day 2.
    A little scared of day 2. Support welcomed.
    Enough! :new:
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Enough - I just wanted to say hello and welcome! I'm on Day 1 again (not sure how many times).....I'm a wine drinker also and I'm really starting to get sick of the cycle. There is alot of good information...the Toolbox has lots of tips. I ignored this when I first got on the site and wish I hadn't. Also, the Newbies Nest is helpful with lots of support. I also have a thread called All I Want Is 30 Days AF.....it's a supportive thread...we are wine drinkers so you can hop on there and join us. I'm still trying to make 30 days. This is the 3rd time I've had to start over....I hope it will eventually kick in. You are not crazy....You can do this!!!!!

Comment

My only success in the past was 6 days. After a horrible eposide. This time I couldn't remember how I drove home. Got into bed. Again! I am a mom ... This is unexceptable.
      Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Enough, I'm in the same boat. I don't even like the damned taste of wine anymore, yet I poured a huge quantity of it into my head Friday night. Yuck! Got so drunk that I fell down ... backwards, apparently, since I've got a bump on my head and a bruise on my back. Do you think I remember how I fell? Nope! Just a vague recollection of landing on my back. Lord have mercy, that really is just awful. I no longer drink in public, since it's just too humiliating how I get. And, yes, I'm a mom, too. Let's do this together!!

Comment

Ok clover... We beat this beast together.

Made one full day! Going to bed after Reading hours of stories to keep me motivated. Day 2 here I come. :h

Comment

Morning Enough, Winesucks & Clover,

We can all do this together, I was a massive wino too, my DH was out most evenings, so I would open a bottle of wine or 2 after being on the vodka all day. (it had to start as soon as I opened my eyes). I managed 7 months with the help of MWO, so if I can do it, so you can you too

Everytime the cravings start, just start posting and read old threads like crazy, before you know it, its passed and your ready for bed. My DH is away shortly for a week, so I will be in a posting frenzy to stay AF :H

Stay strong, it really does get so much better, sending you all :l
            I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

IM in! I am on DAY 46 AF and I feel as if i am living in a new world! xxx

Comment

i'm sitting here at work, drinking coffee and trying to sober up. i'm still a little drunk from the night before. like you "enough!" i have been drinking everyday for about 15 years and trying to stop for the past 5. i have "tried" a countless number of times. i did make it 40 days about 2 years ago. it was the confidence that let me start drinking again. i thought, for some stupid reason, that i could drink like a normal person since i had stopped for so long. slowly - little by little - i'm back where i started, in that same depressing funk, wishing, wanting and hoping for sobriety.

all of your words (from all of you) have inspired me. i have to stop trying and start DOING. first step is to check out your thread "winesucks". i know, deep down inside, that most all my problems stem from my dinking. if i stop - then those problems will disappear.

here goes DAY 1

Comment

Hello Enough,

I to am a wine vacuum. Last night after a lovely afternoon at a friends barbecue I came home and polished off a a bottle and half of wine on my own. WHY??????? I can't stop once I start. I have tried to quit so many times. Each time I relapse my drinking gets worse.

So today I will join you on day 1. God be with us.
                  While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I to am starting today as I have been saying this repeatedly for the last 4 years. I am a mum as well. I want to have control over my drinking, not the other way around. I want to aim for moderation rather than gulping wine down so fast that I barely taste it. I long for the day that I only drink on social occasions and even then moderately. I really believe that with a lot of courage and the help of people around that this disease can be beaten and effectively broken.
                    xx

Comment

Good morning! I actually mean it today. After a not so great night of tossing and turning despite 2 melanin and a 1am bedtime. I feel ok... Better off with no sand paper Tongue and total dry month.

I have only made it to day 2 once before! So this is big for me.

Let's do it together ladies!

Comment

Congratulations on getting to day 2 Enough. Welcome Kukani39, Jaxx and Not Tonight. I'm starting day 5 AF. I'm also a wine addict, I'd stop on the way home from work to pick up 1-2 bottles and start drinking as soon as I got home until the wine was gone or I passed out. I have to accept that when it comes to wine I have no control, and I can no longer fool myself into believing that just because I can go a few days AF that I can have a 1-2 glasses and stop. After many starts and stops I have to accept that I can't drink alcohol, no exceptions. My life has spiraled out of control because of alcohol. I feel like I have had blinders on and am just now starting to realize how much of a mess my life really is. I need to take control of my life and solve the problems not just escape with another bottle of wine.

Comment

Same here! I tried pouring a couple glasses worth into a decanter and saying that is it. Yeh right! Works for maybe a day and back to the 1.5l

I feel better today then I thought I would. Again going to load up on amino acids and have to throw the "bar stuff" out at work later today. If it's not wine vodka is choice 2. It has to go or I know by 7 or 8 I may feel too tempted.
                          Enough!

Comment

Cat lady... Congrats on day 5 btw!

Comment

Enough: It is huge that you admitted that you are an alcoholic. It took MWO & sharing here for me to see that drinking an entire 1.5 liter bottle is far, far from normal. I was a functioning alcoholic & managed to hide it pretty well from my loved ones, so I could be in denial for far too long. I've been a member of MWO for 4 years, & still come here every day. It really helps. After many relapsing episodes, I finally joined AA which has kept me sober for over 2 years. It's been the best 2 years of my life, even w/the every day trials & tribulations of daily living. There's an excellent AA thread on the monthly abs forum when you're ready. Mary
                              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X