Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it was definately a turning point staring at myself In the mirror and saying that nasty word. I just had too. I am a professional working mom and just like you hid it pretty well. For the past year or so my husbands pretty fed up but the idiot keeps buying me wine! My boys said I embarrassed them a few nights ago at a restaurant... I have no idea what I did! Even now husnand really doesn't GET what day 2 means for me. It's been so long since I did not wake up with some sort of hangover.
    Enough!

keep in touch.
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Enough - your story sounds just like mine. I am a mom, I am addicted to wine and I want desperately to quit. I am humiliated and hate myself most of the time. I would like to join you. I just need to stay committed to MWO. It's the only time in the last 5 years that I manage any sobriety. I want to start living again.
      God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

Spiritgirl.... Have you quit? How long?
        I am totally committed to FINALLY doing this.
        Here's to day 2 and a few hours!
        Enough!
        Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

I am back to day one after drinking too much at a family party last night. I feel so low today - like I have so many times. I was just reflecting and had this epiphany that most of all my bad decisions and mistakes that I have made the last 5 years have involved alcohol. Yet I have continued - how pathetic am I??? I would love to team up with you. I need all the support I can get and giving it to others will make me feel worthwhile. So tired of feeling worthless!

Comment

You are not pathetic because you are going to change all that bullsh@! and team up with me and eveyone else on this thread! I am not a message poster but this is truly motivating me to finally change. Any of the following crap sound familiar to anyone. I have done it all:
            *filled a water bottle with vodka and tonic to make it through my sons concert
            * only go on a walk if I can bring a big solo cup with wine
            * actually have a glass of wine at noon before work to get in he mood for work
            I can go on and on..... Anyone else?
            Enough!

Comment

Yep... Too much wine= All my bad mistakes. 15 years worth.
              enough!

Comment

Hi all. I'm new today. Just started posting on the newbie thread after reading for a dew days. I am trying to make today my day 1. Been drinking wine every night for 3 or 4 years. Progressively getting worse. I use to be able to quit for a week or a month if needed. Now I can't go one day. I've been convincing myself that I didn't have a problem bc I only drink at night. My rule was always nothing before 7pm. Except when we are at the beach, then 5 is ok. Rules, ridiculous isn't it? Every morning is a slow start, slower all the time. I'm really trying to make today the day!
                Reading everyones stories are helping to keep me focused, the real test will be tonight, I really want this. Just hoping I can make it to a day 2 like you. I'm a mother of 2... I need to do this.

New Shoes

Comment

I am right there with you news shoes. Just one day ahead of you
                  I was up to a 1.5L some nights and if I ran out went to get more.
                  If I can do it so can all of you! I am going to do this. I told my #1 drinking girlfriend I was done with the stuff. I think she was a little disappointed but to bad!
                  Here's to your day 1 new shoes! Keep posting. Read these posts tonight. Spill out any left over wine right away.
                  Enough!

Comment

Hello all,
                    It is 7:30 and I have just gotten home from work. Very glad I poured the last bottle of wine down the drain this morning. I made sure not to skip meals today, whenever my blood sugar drops too low at any point of the day I will almost definitely be pounding the wine once I get home.

Enough I think it was really bold of you to tell your drinking girlfriend that you are giving up booze. That is something I have never been able to do. How did you tell her?

I now have two broken spider veins under my left eye. Really glamourous. If I am going to be really honest with myself, it is my body telling me that it can not process to amount of alcohol I am force feeding it.

I am very grateful for this thread, and feel confident that I will make it through day 1. I hope everyone has a peaceful and sober evening.
                    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

She texted me earlier today asking of I was OK after out little party Saturday night. She lives down my street and after dinner on Saturday we went to her home to hang out kid free as her kids were with her soon to be ex. Same stupid story... Including me running back to my house to get more wine after drinking all the wine at her house. Around 1am DROVE home. Hit my husbands car in the driveway- thankfully a little scratch. Of course I remember none of this! That was it for me. I could have killed myself and I have 2 boys! What a stupid thing. Anyway. She texted me and I told her to call me and just like that told her I was seriously DONE drinking.

We could still visit... Walk ... Swim BUT wine. I felt so on control after that call.
                      Enough!

Comment

Day 2 success

She texted me earlier today asking of I was OK after out little party Saturday night. She lives down my street and after dinner on Saturday we went to her home to hang out kid free as her kids were with her soon to be ex. Same stupid story... Including me running back to my house to get more wine after drinking all the wine at her house. Around 1am DROVE home. Hit my husbands car in the driveway- thankfully a little scratch. Of course I remember none of this! That was it for me. I could have killed myself and I have 2 boys! What a stupid thing. Anyway. She texted me and I told her to call me and just like that told her I was seriously DONE drinking.

We could still visit... Walk ... Swim BUT wine. I felt so on control after that call.
                        Enough!

Comment

Enough, Isnt it amazing that Saturday you had a night of alcohol related regrets and today you are motivating people not to drink? Thank you so much for starting this thread. I am getting more motivated as the day is going on!

Comment

Enough,

You sound very empowered. Your honesty with your friend is refreshing and I bet your relationship will be stronger for it. Well it's a good thing I did not start on the wine this evening because I have had to spend the last hour getting nits out of my children's hair! YUK.
                            While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Ladies
                              I am a very strong ( other then the booze) mid 30's mom of 2 boys. I am disgusted being disgusted with myself. Everyday for the past two weeks I have been over doing it... Stumbling to bed and the worst of it forgetting the last half or or so of every dam day. I am sick of waking up hungover!
                              Please stay with me here! Let's keep each other motivated.
                              Enough!

Comment

Hello, Ladies! Wow, we've got a regular club going here. That is great! I really look forward to getting on this site after work (my witching hour) for a morale boost and support. I'm on Day 3 and honestly have not had any cravings so far. But it is not unusual for me (lately) to put a good 3 to 4 days between drinking binges. I just overdo it SO bad and feel SO damned sick and depressed the next day ... or two! I truly believe that my body cannot take it anymore! I've hurt myself SO many times when I was drunk - bruises, broken bones, etc. Insanity! Falling down on Friday night and banging my head really scared the shit out of me. I was all alone in my house and Lord only knows what might have happened. I'm a fairly cheerful, together person when I'm sober. I turn into a stumbling, incoherent fool when I drink. And I don't want my daughter to be embarassed over me ever, ever again. It's time for some exercise. I'm off to the gym, but will probably be back on later tonight. I wish everyone a wonderful, sober evening!

Comment

Working...
                                X