Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conquoring day 1!!! Who's beating this with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almostfamous;1267058 wrote: Do you mind sharing the name? I have taken milk thistle for years, but I'm sure my liver is the size of a pea after my recent chugalugging. Glad to be on day 2 with you.
    here is the link Costco - trunature® Liver Health Complex 1000mg with Milk Thistle

Comment

Awesome, thanks! I added it to my Costco list. That and candy for 50! Oh the sugar cravings...
      AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Who ever said "this was a bad time to quit drinking" must have been thinking of me. I made it 9 days. I did not have a choice. My oldest daughter got sick and was in the hospital so I had to care for her 5 children all under 10. We have been having some financial problems lately and I knew we missed Feb. rent but I was confident we would get caught up. Well it didn't work out that way and now we are being evicted. I have 10 days to pack my home and find another place to live. we were trying to get a mortgage but it looks like the approval may not come before we have to leave. So what did I do? I turned the world and all its problems off with AL. Today I feel like shit physically and emotionally. Starting again day 1 today. There is no way I can do everything that needs to be done if I continue to abuse AL. wish me luck I am going to need it!

Comment

oh, mby, I'll say a prayer for you. Very trying times ... but welcome back here, go to Newbies nest, you'll find plenty of positive energy and encouragement sent your way.
          workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Comment

Disappeared... But finding my way back

Here I am. Spent some time thinking earlier what I was going to say about my missing in action... No tragic event happened...Just fed up with failing...and buying 2 1.5l so not to run out in a day or two... Feeling uncertain. Here goes nothing...
            Support needed...
            Any success stories to share???
            Enough
            Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

Hello sweetie, I missed you !!!

I am here for you.

PM me or post. Big hug

Comment

Hi Enough! I see you started last July. I started in Feb. of this year. I've gone 36 days (today) AF. I'd like to continue this journey with you.:l

Nice to meet you!

"I like people too much or not at all."
                Sylvia Plath

Comment

Oddly enough, Enough, I thought about you this very morning as I was getting ready for work. I was calculating my AF days ? which I don?t normally do ? I feel that doing so adds too much pressure for me. But this is day 90 for me which is some kind of milestone, I guess. Success story? mmmm? not yet; check back with me in a few years and I?ll let you know! Anyway, I haven?t contributed much if anything to the other threads at MWO. This one that you started just seemed to ?fit? me so I guess I?ve been feeling a little disappointed thinking that it had fizzled out. I was trying to remember some of the names I?d seen here, and was concerned that yours hadn?t shown up for so long. I?m very glad to see that you?re back and are ready to give it another go. Good luck to you?..

Comment

Enough! I'm so happy to see you! I'm somewhere around 41 or 42 days now and not feeling any cravings whatsoever. My urge to drink is nonexistent and I keep wondering what's wrong with me! You read the Jason Vale book, didn't you? It's really all making sense to me now. :h

Comment

Thank you!

Shue.... I missed you too! Like a friend that I lost contact with or I forgot to call back for a while. I am so happy you are here. PM go to hubby's email so post only. Don't ask.

Fly... Missed you too and congrats on your success. I will slowly be following you.

Caper... I am sorry I left the thread and let you down and others ( including me). Please come back and lets make it our home again.

Library... Nice to meet you too. Thanks for the welcome message and please join in. Hopefully we will have another reunion that I will not skip out on.

On a side note... Everything is good on my end... Boys are doing well... Hubbys back at work after some time off... My work is fine ( ending our FY up and no issues ). Just need to end this 1.5l demon that hangs over our life like a poison waiting to make the kids cry ( because i lost my cool or playing too roughly) or hubby mad / worrying ..or simply another shitty morning.

Love to all!
                      Enough
                      Still drinking a bit but tapering back...
                      Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

well did day 1 now on 13

Comment

Oh, Enough!!!!

I thought so many times of PM-ing you. ... But really I just thought that if you want to or need to come back .. you know where to find us. I respected your space. All in good time, I tried and failed, tried and failed several times.

I am currently at take #5 and just like Fly, somehow it stuck. My last "low" was hitting my son while playing rough ... that seemed to nail it. I still get cravings and AL thoughts - sometimes all I seem to want is just one sip . That insidious f...cker is still whispering to me.

But I found a great bunch of absteiners buddies in AF Daily and it was nice to see how life continues for them AF and how they deal with AL thoughts.

I am happy to have you back, my friend - don't get me wrong, I am not pleased you still buy magnum bottles. I do need to tell you that I was hoping your absence meant you no longer needed MWO and that you were happy modding or AF ...

Nevermind, we're all here, a wee bit wiser I should hope

Comment

Let the games begin!

Shue... I wish too that it "stuck" last time and talked myself into thinking I was past MWO. Successful had a handle for a while and same as before the bottles had to get bigger so I did not have to face I was emptying one and opening another in one day.

Quite frankly for the most part I WAS doing ok. About a month ago took a amazing trip with hubby to virgin islands and drank quite a bit, but no stumbling falling crap. BUT was drinking pretty much all day long... Everyday. Came back from our trip and the vacation drinking never ended.... That's when the 1.5 L x 2 started showing up... Repeat... And repeat.

Still I found a way to talk myself into believing things were ok. I am "tired" that's why I am crashing at 930 on fri night. Well long and short here I am.

Woke up Hangover free this morning. Not AF... It's a start.
                            Enough!

Comment

hi Enough ,
                              Good to hear from you. I am Still taking one day at a time , and hoping that i can get to a point when i wont be counting days, or thinking about the fact that im not going to drink again.

Take Care
                              xx
                              AF 10th June 2014

Comment

hi all we are ll doing the 1 day at a time
                                I don't have any cravings for alcohol but I know that I could slip at any time it only takes 1
                                I now have 14 days under my belt
                                thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X