Back again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back again!!

Hi everyone ? I?m back again, and hopefully will make a real and proper go of it this time!!
    I?m supposed to be getting married in a few weeks? time and the wedding has almost been called off several times ? always because I?ve drunk too much and end up causing a huge row. The last row happened last night ? and I?m not sure if I will be given another chance this time! My partner has asked me to quit drinking a number of times and I always promise to try and then sneak a drink or two and hope he won?t notice.

I rang AA today and had a long chat with a really nice chap who helped me tremendously. I said I was nervous of the idea of going to a meeting, so he is going to arrange for a lady in my area to meet me so I can go along with her.

I am definitely going to stop today!! One thing that concerns me is withdrawals. I spoke to a lady on a drink helpline and she said that the amount I drink (usually 1 or 2 bottles of wine a night) I could have life threatening consequences and that I shouldn?t just stop without going to my GP for drugs. I don?t want to go to my GP and I don?t want to wait for an appointment either, it usually takes over a week to get one.

Can anyone tell me if they have just stopped when drinking this amount ? and should I worry? Also are there any herbal remedies which might help ? ie Kalms?

Many thanks and any advice would be much appreciated.
    Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Back again!!

Hi Snapdragon - I also drank 1-2 bottles of wine a night. I admit the first few days I was shaky and anxious. I took a variety of supplements that seem to be helping, most of them recommended in some of the other threads here. L-Glutamine, Kudzu, b-complex vitamins, melatonin. Some people say that chocolate helps. I know a big thing for me was drinking plenty of fluids. I think different things work for different people, try as many as you can and find what works for you. I'm on day 7 (the longest I've gone AF in years) and I'm feeling great. My danger zone is always 5 - 10 PM, the first few nights I was counting the minutes until the liquor stores closed, last night I didn't even look at the clock.

Comment

Back again!!

Thanks Crazy Cat Lady! I have some Kudzu in the cupboard and have just started taking that. I will have to order some L-Glut.

You're right about the 5pm onwards time. I'm already having an argument with myself, thinking that if we go out tonight just one glass of wine won't hurt- then I think 'don't be riduculous - you've spent all day wanting to stop!!'

I really do want to stop - isn't it awful when you can't think of anything all day but not drinking!! Congratulations on getting to 7 days :goodjob: Have you found it really hard - and the golden question - is it getting easier now?
      Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Back again!!

It just doesnt make sense....does it!!
        Why do we do it.. because we are addicted to AL and it plays tricks with us. Allways waiting for us to take that first drink... then its history

Comment

Back again!!

Hey Snapdragon...how are you doing?
          ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Back again!!

Welcome back SD!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Back again!!

I used to drink 1 to 2 bottles a night and I gave up without tge help from My doctor or any drugs and I had very little side effects. Give it a shot and if you start to feel really bad then go to the doctors.

Comment

Working...
              X