Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Momma is 2 weeks AF :)

Hi everyone~

Wow I love this site! I get gitty turning on my laptop in the moring reading new and old threads to start my day. Who knew that something so simple can be so powerful

I woke up early today to finish washing clothes for a fishing trip. Kids are going to stay the night at their grandparents. I have not had a night away from my kids in over a year! This is a treat for abstaining. Not only for me but my man as well and finaly I am up to do something with him out of town, not sink away in my misery with bottles resenting him for never doing anything together.

Saturdays I would normaly (normal for me) be too hungover to move. Sick to my stomach, completly dizzy, high anxiety and wouldn't be able to drive until the next day. I'd repeat in my head "It's ok, I'm just hungover, I'm not going to die" as I wouldn't be able to catch my breath and have panic attack episodes all damn day long and waiting to drink that evening.

There have been those days that I'd have the thought a beer would be really nice right now. Weather is perfect, out doing lawn work, fire pit burning brush, kids running around playing after the house was completly cleaned. I believe I even said it out loud to myself just yesterday. Not regreting this morning that's is for sure. And guess who enjoyed my company... my whole family.

Now I'm putting all the energy and planning into not drinking rather then the careful planning of when I would be drinking. Before would be buy an 18 pack plus an extra 12 pack to hide away, or bottle of vodka 'just in case' and buy an extra pack of smokes since I turn into a chain smoker after a couple drinks. How myself at 120lbs could even handle 20+ drinks in a night is a miracle. What havoc I put on my body!

So here's my update and 2 week mark. It was a very long 2 weeks and at the same time felt like it flew by. Here's to another 2 weeks that turns into months

Turn Around
    "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."-- Judy Garland

This Momma is 2 weeks AF

WELL DONE!!! I'm full of admiration! Almost at Day 7 here...2 weeks is AWESOME! ...you should be very proud. x
    ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

This Momma is 2 weeks AF

Well done turnaround, 2 weeeks is great,keep moving forward as this monster can be beaten, you to queenbug.keep posting & reading & sharing your thoughts as we can all relate to what you are going through.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

This Momma is 2 weeks AF

awesome job turnaround. it keeps getting better and better!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

This Momma is 2 weeks AF

Congratulations, and keep going!
          While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

This Momma is 2 weeks AF

CONGRATS on your 2 AF weeks Turn Around!
            You sound very happy now stay that way

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

This Momma is 2 weeks AF

Great job! Keep it up!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

This Momma is 2 weeks AF

Way to go, I can hear your happiness emanating from my screen. It is truly wonderful how quickly things can turn around once you make the decision. I also am 2 weeks AF today. Keep it up and enjoy life. What a pleasure it is to wake up without anxiety for me. Just don't know why we live in a self imposed prison when all we have to do is say no.
                Take care and stay free. :goodjob:

Comment

This Momma is 2 weeks AF

Good job Turnaround!! You can do this!

Comment

This Momma is 2 weeks AF

what an inspirational post!

I'm so happy that you hit the 2 week mark. It is great that you are AF and you sound like you are becoming "emotionally sober" which is the real goal for all of us.

peace and prayers to you!

Comment

This Momma is 2 weeks AF

Congratulations Turnaround - I also wish I knew what the reason was that we purposefully self destruct with alcohol. Your story is inspiring. I know it can be done.
                      make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

This Momma is 2 weeks AF

Congratulations Turn Around!!! 2 Weeks is awesome - you are on your way! I can really relate to what you said about time now spent planning "not drinking" compared to previous time spent planning to drink. Before I stopped, I spent an ENORMOUS amount of time planning to drink, planning how I would hide how much I was drinking, figuring out how ealry in the day I could have an excuse to get started, planning to make sure I had enough booze on hand, etc. etc. I'm tired just thinking about it. The time I invest in keeping my head on straight with sobriety is MUCH better spent!

Rock on!!!! You can do it!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

This Momma is 2 weeks AF

Turnaround, how inspiring! Your description of how you spent Saturdays sounds exactly like how I spent mine. And I become a chain smoker when I drink, too. And I'm also a small woman who cannot even imagine how I could put away 1-2 bottles of wine in a night. I feel a bit sick just thinking about it. I'm on Day 9 and feeling so good, so grateful. I'm a mama, too, but my kiddies are quite a bit older. Your baby is beautiful and looks very happy and healthy! What a gift you are giving your children. Congratulations!!

Comment

This Momma is 2 weeks AF

Congratulations! Remember that these good feelings are better than the buzz you get with a night of drinking.

Comment

This Momma is 2 weeks AF

A small note to add my congratulations too Turnaround. With every posting I read on MWO they only stoke my resolve never to return to the bad old days.:goodjob:
                              Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! KISS SLOWLY Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. sigpic

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

?Oh no....he's awake!! Cos he's bleeding sober again

Comment

Working...
                              X