Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Guy in a slightly different situation

Hello All,

I am writing to say thank you first off.

Next, I would like to explain my situation, I am a successful alcoholic, and do not know what to do. I have a nice business, and family here in China. I am near 30yo, have a loving wife and son.

But I have developed a physical dependence. I also developed anxiety, because my heart races like crazy when no booze in my system.

The main problem, Business in China is dependant on relationships, even with in laws. I get plastered every single day of the week, literally. I drink at a minimum of 12-16 bottles of beer a day (or much more if it was hard liquor). To be successful, one needs to drink here.

What to do????

I am only slightly buzzed today, as i left early.

Dear TFK,

Can you order a non-alcoholic beer? Is that available in China? It has a tiny bit of AL in it, which might help the anxiety.

I don't know what to tell you, as I don't know your culture. What if you started a new trend, and simply refused to drink? Or, what if you said you didn't drink AL as you've discovered you're allergic to it? Say anything, but don't drink.

You can get medicines for the anxiety. See your doctor.

I'm sure others here will have better advice.

Stay with us!
    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hello tryinforkid,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
      I'm sorry I don't know about culture or customs in China. I do wonder if Alcohol is used in business settings in an attempt to decrease anxiety? Not sure!

The best place to start is to read the MWO book. You can download it from the Health Store here on the website.
      There is also a Tool box full of good ideas to help you make your plan https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

I used wine to decrease my anxiety for a long time but in the end it made my anxiety much worse.
      A visit to yor Doc could be helpful & just let people know that you've been told not to drink for 'health reasons'. Don't feel the need to explain yourself & your reasons to people - it's really none of their business. You have to do what is right for you & your family

Wishing you the best & please drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello and Welcome.
        I think you will find by coming here and posting, using the tool box, and setting some goals you are on the right track. You can do this.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Working...
        X