L-Glutamine - Need Some Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope someone can help me.....I went out today (after falling off the Wagon last night) and bought Evening Primrose and L-Glutamine (500mg). The bottle says take 1 per day but I'm not sure how I should be taking it to help stop the cravings.....does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks....WS

I would strongly recommend downloading the My Way Out book, or reading something like 7 Weeks to Sobriety. Both programs lay out a much more extensive nutritional supplement program than just l-glut. That's just a small part of it. Yes it can help with cravings, but there is a lot more going on.

I would suggest getting the powdered form rather than the capsules. People tend to take grams of L-glut for cravings - rather than milligrams. The powder can be put directly under your tongue or mixed with juice/water/smoothie.

Recenly I was taking 10 - 20 grams per day for sugar cravings.

The Diet Cure (Julia Ross) is another really good book to understand nutritional deficiencies, and how that ties in with alcoholism and other issues.

Homework, homework, homework.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I take the L glutamine whenever a craving hits. It's a safe supplement with no side effects, the directions on the bottle you bought will probably not be enough to do anything though. When I get a craving I take 3000 mg and used to take 3000 mg three times a day. After the first 30 days I stopped taking it daily and only take it when a craving hits. Like Doggy said the powder is the better alternative.
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

I was taking 3-4 capsules a day the last time I quit. Morning, mid-day, and night, but when a craving hit I'd take another.

Comment

I take the powder form as well...Works great! Usually 5g's per craving...teaspoon
          http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

Working...
          X