Intense Cravings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intense Cravings

Been 18 days AF, and I am 'blessed':H to face head on the intense cravings that sneak up when least expected. I've been very honest in my recovery, and that's a 1st! I use to think it was funny when people would say (back when I thought my drinking was normal) that a beer or drink was calling their name. That they could actualy almost hear a voice in their mind. Well what do ya know...I almost thought I was going insane hearing it myself this morning.

Today in particular has been a challenge, a good one. I'm focused on changing the way I think and view things. Turns out when I track my negative thoughts, I'm a pretty darn negative thinker in my head. Well that needs to change and working it in my plan.

Been studying AL and addiction a lot. I figured this concept made sence to me. It's hard to conquer an enemy if I don't know all about it. Information and education is necessary to me. In military, they don't plan an attack without first knowing the enemy's strengths and weaknesses. Why be different for this battle in my life.
    "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."-- Judy Garland

Intense Cravings

Turn Around;1150536 wrote:
    Been studying AL and addiction a lot. I figured this concept made sence to me. It's hard to conquer an enemy if I don't know all about it. Information and education is necessary to me. In military, they don't plan an attack without first knowing the enemy's strengths and weaknesses. Why be different for this battle in my life.
    Very interesting way of thinking about this! Thank you.

Congrats on 18 days AF. It's been pretty easy for me so far, but I'd be naive to think that a day won't come where I'll be hit up strong with cravings. It sounds like enough time has past that you can remove some of the emotion from your feelings towards alcohol and really examine what's happening and why. A great place to be.

Comment

Intense Cravings

Turnaround...am liking this approach....the negative thinking going on in my head particularly resonates...I'm back to day 1...but intending to take up what you are saying here...thank you.
      Well done on 18 days...fantastic x
      ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Intense Cravings

Turn Around;1150536 wrote: Been studying AL and addiction a lot. I figured this concept made sense to me. It's hard to conquer an enemy if I don't know all about it. Information and education is necessary to me. In military, they don't plan an attack without first knowing the enemy's strengths and weaknesses. Why be different for this battle in my life.
        Like this line of thought turn around :good job: and good job on your 18 days,you can like many people already here beat this.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
        X