Just want to say Hi :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just want to say Hi :)

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been fighting a battle with alcohol for years now. I have had periods of sobriety followed by relapses that also last for quite a while. I started taking antabuse on my own about 5 days ago, so have been sober since then. I just needed a kick in the a** so to speak to get me back on track.
    Hopefully I can stay there this time-I have a 4 year old daughter and I really need to. I was back up to a bottle of wine about every other night. I'm not taking the antabuse every day-I was court required to take it about 8 years ago for a DUI and am fully aware of the effects it will have if I try and drink so I don't think I need to take the amount they had me on back then, just a little every 3 days or so and I don't even have the temptation to test it out! The hard part will be after I stop, but I want to try and get about 90 days sober before I try that. I'm on day 6 right now lol...wish me luck

Just want to say Hi

Hello and welcome! Six days down is great. Stay strong and stay close and we can keep each other motivated!

Comment

Just want to say Hi

Hi and welcome akazia 21 to mwo, You have found a great community with lots of support and good advice,keep reading and posting and you will see you are not alone in this battle,There is a tool box in the monthly abstinence thread,read it as it is invalueble,good luck and remember don't quit quitting.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Just want to say Hi

Hi Aka,

Welcome to the webdite - you'll find some great support and wisdom here. Read as much as you can and post often so we can get to know you. And never be afraid to ask for help.

Good luck!
        K x
        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Just want to say Hi

A VERY WARM welcome to you!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Just want to say Hi

thanks everyone, just finishing up another day sober. It's been okay, I definitely have cravings that fortunately there isn't a chance of me giving into right now. I've been waking up a bit tired from the antabuse but that's easier than being hungover half the day! I'm pretty happy right now, it's been almost two years since I have been sober this long-how that time passed I don't know, but it did, I just kept putting it off and putting it off.
            I even put it off after I got the antabuse as I always wanted another "last drink." I realize now that there wasn't a definite last drink for me-everytime I got drunk it wasn't satisfying enough so I kept on drinking thinking it would be more fun the next time-well it wasn't! Making dinner right now than going to read and go to bed-work tomorrow!

Comment

Just want to say Hi

You're right, there never will be a last drink. One is never enough. It's great that you're stringing along sober days. Keep it up and the booze voice will get quieter and quieter. Give it time. It's worth it.

Comment

Just want to say Hi

Hi akazia,

Welcome & congrats on your decision to take control of your life now!
                Do it for yourself & your child, you won't be sorry

Wishing you continued success & stick with your plan.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Just want to say Hi

:welcome:

Glad you found us here!
                  "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."-- Judy Garland

Comment

Just want to say Hi

Good luck! Sounds like you are doing well! I am now starting day 5. I am on baculofen -just starting so now only 20mg a day until tomorrow when I start moving it up. SE's are random. At times I feel great - clear headed and relaxed with no cravings. Yesterday I took one at about 10am and ended up very sleepy and shaky (After I took one I worked out and then was working in the garden under very hot conditions so it could have been that as well). I was drinking a bottle of wine plus some every single night and if that was not available I would drink whatever I could find in the house. Funny thing is that except for recent blackouts I felt fine every morning - no hangover. I did feel guilt and and started every morning saying to myself "I have really got to get a handle on this". This seems to be a pattern for me - periods of cutting back or stopping but then going right back to drinking more within a few months. This is the first time I have done this seriously. I am seeing an addiction counselor, taking the meds, and excercising like crazy. The Counseling is really good for me - I also have major anxiety so he is helping with that too. I am not an AA type of person yet. This forum seems almost as good to me - you get support and hear stories but noone knows who you are or sees you on the street in our small town....

I know we can do it! Congratulations on day 6!

Comment

Just want to say Hi

How are you doing today Akazia? Thinking of you!

Comment

Working...
                      X