Choice is 11 months AF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choice is 11 months AF!

It is amazing to me that I don't drink anymore. I am so much happier and feel very healthy. I really didn't think this was possible when I was just starting out. I just wanted to pop in and encourage anyone who doesn't think they can make it this far to hang tough. 1 month to go until I hit the year mark and my anniversary date of finding this amazing support group. :h:l:h

Choice is 11 months AF!

Congratulations Choice, great stuff. Good on you for offering encouragement, escape from AL seems so far away some days, you are living proof that it can be done.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Choice is 11 months AF!

Congratulations Choice!

I can't wait until I get where you are. What helped you the most? I am 64 days AF and I still worry on a daily basis that something will happen to trigger me. I read so many posts where people fall off the wagon after long periods of time.
      I am on my guard every day, and fight the daily battle of turning down AL. Will it ever just be normal?
      THOUGHTS become THINGS
      choose the GOOD
      ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Choice is 11 months AF!

Fabulous job!

Comment

Choice is 11 months AF!

WoooooooooooHooooooooooooooooooooo!! Well done Choice - amazing job!

K x
          Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Choice is 11 months AF!

What great encouragement you offer. It makes me feel so happy when I read of others success when it comes to achieving something they have worked on and have fought long and hard for. Congratulations for earning a happier and healthier life!! Time has a way of slipping away and there are so many things I neglect to do when drinking. Your post is a simple offer of hope. As I read the other day ~~ "Where there is life there is hope"~~ I have hope for a happier and healthier life. :goodjob: & thank you!

Comment

Choice is 11 months AF!

Congrats Choice! That is an awesome achievement and thank you for coming back to share this with us. It really helps to see people who are achieving long term sobriety.

Barbara, I can tell you it is getting easier as time goes by. I am over 4 months free now and I barely think of alcohol anymore.
              AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Choice is 11 months AF!

choice;1152129 wrote: It is amazing to me that I don't drink anymore. I am so much happier and feel very healthy. I really didn't think this was possible when I was just starting out. I just wanted to pop in and encourage anyone who doesn't think they can make it this far to hang tough. 1 month to go until I hit the year mark and my anniversary date of finding this amazing support group. :h:l:h
                Well done choice and delighted you droped in to let us know,:goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Choice is 11 months AF!

Thanks
                  Barbara, What helped me the most was putting my sobriety the number one priority in my life. Above everything and everyone else. Now it's a metaphor for how I just "operate" and no longer about drinking. If you put yourself first, your needs, health and happiness... you will get to where you need to go. I worried for months that I would be triggered or slip. What helped me stay on track whenever I felt that way was to come here READ, POST. Take breaks come back... whatever works for YOU. ODAT. :l:h

Comment

Choice is 11 months AF!

Congratulations Choice!!!
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Choice is 11 months AF!

Congratulations hunny
                      your awsome!!!
                      XX
                      *Witchy*
                      Progress, not perfection!!!
                      A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Choice is 11 months AF!

:grouptrophy: Choice you deserve a trophy! Well Done :goodjob:

Comment

Choice is 11 months AF!

Congratulations!!!
                          "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Choice is 11 months AF!

ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL ACHIEVEMENT!!!!

:yougo: :yougo: :yougo:

You must be very proud and counting down to the big one next month......CONGRATULATIONS.
                            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

Choice is 11 months AF!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Wishing you continued success

lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...