finding my Day 10 mojo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to think that I would never ever make it past Day 3 AF...kept on trying, failing, drinking and hiding....but recently I've got to Day 10, twice...and caved...blah! Both times I made myself get right back to it....and each time I've had so much support and I think I'm now really beginning to understand the complexities of this addiction...and perhaps that's going to be my key to beating it......
    SO.......I'm aiming to try to find out about the AF me...and to do that I need to at least get my Day 10 mojo back...from there onwards who knows?!
    If anyone fancies a bit of mojo seeking....let's do it!!!
    Happy Sunday!!
    ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Queenbug, I need some mojo. Day 1 for me and countiing.

Comment

Ok then ICC...off we go on our 10 day mojo journey! Day 2 for me so we are in it together matey!!

Comment

Hey there my friend......You WILL get past day 10! I never thought it possible and now I'm on Day 12. I really think the L-Glut has helped me tremendously. No more day 1's for you.....you can do this!!!!

Icandothis - Welcome and yes you can do this!

Have a great sober Sunday (or whatever day it is where you are.....I'm in the US).

Comment

Queen, thanks for the welcome. Let' get the mojo going. Wine, congrats on day 12.

Comment

You can do it Queen! You too icanchange! And congratulations to you Winesucks! :yougo:

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Good morning, Queen and Wine. I had a rough last night with it being day 1 but have been reading the tool box as so many here have recommended. Valuable reading.

Doggygirl, thank you.

Comment

Hey ICC...well done for Day 1...I'm just starting Day 3...and enjoying the energy! SO much good stuff here...stay close and keep reading. L-Glut has saved me over that last bit of time...I've managed 2 9/10 day stints recently which is first time daily AF free in 10-15 years....it does feel so much better to be sober.
                There are some great posts here with strong support...'All I want is 30 days..." "Conquoring Day 1..." and the Pinksters stuff on Focus on Fitness.....been my lifeline over last few weeks...just come on in and chat...
                Hope you are feeling bit better today...drink lots of water and eat well....and if you need to rest, then do just that...stay close...I'll be on and off here through the day if I can help OK?

Keep with it...it's worth it xx

Comment

Hey Queen, starting day 2 and to be honest today I don't even miss it. I know this is not the norm and tomorrow I will probably be craving it but I'm appreciating this slight reprieve from the craving. I ran errands after work and never once thought of stopping at the liquor store.

Happy you are on day 3. I have the L-Glut and kudzu and also the books and cds. I might pop in the other forums you mention especially the Pinksters one. Have a great night.

I can't logon to the site during the day because of work. Normally I logon before I leave for work, right after work, and throughout the evening. I'm in the USA.

Comment

Hya Cuckoo...glad that you have started on such a positive note for Day 2...I know exactly what you mean about appreciating the reprieve from craving...such a relief! I'm just finishing Day 3 and it's been so so busy I've not noticed too much of a struggle with cravings today...just a real slump in my self esteem when I went to get some clothes today...I'm a whole size bigger and thats pissing me off a bit....but just trying to channel it into more determination to drop those wine calories and keep the energy to try and excercise a bit....hate my wine belly...feels like I'm pregnant!
                    Am looking forward to being closer to my normal size and shape...
                    I've not got my download yet but looking forward to seeing it...bit strapped for cash at mo so the cds might have to wait unfortunately...let me know what you think of them...
                    Have a good Day 2
                    How's the mojo going for everyone else? :wave:

Comment

:hI'm hanging in there, Queen---on Day 16.

I'm back on the emotional rollercoaster of caring for elderly parents, after a great weekend away. Mom was practically inconsolable today after her grandchildren and g-grandchildren left. I think I did a pretty good job of lifting her spirits by letting her cry, and pointing out the funny and good things about the visit. We had a few good laughs finally. I'm thinking I ought to check on her tomorrow. It's weird to see my mother cry. She was never a weeper, but is fragile now, and seeing the end, I guess. I'm pressing flowers her namesake picked for her; she wants to keep them. (Hell, she never kept mine. Can anyone detect some hurt there?)

My father is obsessing over money, which I understand, since the medical bills for Mom are rolling in. He wants me to go to the funeral home with him, where he's paid for prior arrangements, and and help him get answers to things he doesn't understand, but signed. My gut got in a knot because my father is not the most pleasant person to be around under normal circumstances. Make the topic money, and he's even worse. A whole day with him? Good grief.

I could go on and on, but I won't. Everybody's got something to deal with, but it's helpful to talk. Thanks, all.

Have a good AF eve.
                      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

QB - Congrats on day 3....well done!
                        ICC - Also congrats to you. I find that if I make it past day 3 it gets easier. Stay here for support.
                        Cuckoo - Congrats on Day 2. It's awsome that you didn't miss it. It's a good sign.
                        Juja - You really have alot going on right now. I'm so sorry for what you have go through with your Mom. This is a terribly difficult time, especially dealing with your Dad. I've been through something similar so please PM me if you want to talk.

Comment

Hi Juja...that sounds SO hard....please take good care of you too....so much resting on your shoulders....and AF for 16 days...awesome!!
                          ICC...keep it going my friend....heading towards that mojo!!!
                          WS.....always good to hear from you!!

I'm just starting Day 4...lots of driving over next few days and big (AL) family time...have my plan(s) tucked under my arm/behind my ear/in my knickers - won't be about for a day or so...but am still hanging on for that mojo time.......good luck everyone!!
                          xx

Comment

Hang in there QB! It's good to hear you have a plan!
                            ?A year from now you will wish you had started today.? Karen Lamb

Comment

Margaret345;1157272 wrote: Hang in there QB! It's good to hear you have a plan!
                              A plan in her knickers no less! :H

Comment

Working...
                              X