finding my Day 10 mojo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QB--Positive vibes to help you keep your strength over the AL event.

Juja--Caring for your parents is life draining. My mom became obsessed with money as she got older. Talk anytime. And congrats on staying sober for 16 days. That's a hell of an accomplishment.

Comment

Well peeps...I certainly had to pull my plans out from under my arm, behind my ears and out of my knickers for the last 36 hours...but bloody well did it!!!Day 5 down despite HUGE pressure to 'just have one" 'What do you mean? I've got these 3 bottles in just for you" and "You're NO fun when you are sober..." ...my whole famliy's lives revolve around drink...so weird to do that sober...I love them loads, but now I remember why I live 250 miles away...also sadly led to a conversation with my eldest on the journey back who says that she knows that she can easily polish of a bottle of vodka a few nights a week when with friends...(what have I done!!!!???? am scared for her)...
      ANYHOOS....Day 5 DOWN...halfway to mojo time!!!!
      Thankyou for all your positive vibes...thank f**** for L-Glut :yay:

xx
      ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

L-Glut is absolutely fabulous, isn't it? Does your DD know that you're trying to quit drinking? I am so proud of you QB! That was a hell of a test you've been through and you made it out the other side. Well done!

Comment

Yeah...I told them all very recently....that's probabely why she said it...testing the water kind of I think...I have to be careful because if I lose it again (hope not) and have given her anything that seems like a lecture (I wouldn't, but that's how she'd interpret it at the moment)...it's hard to explain...but I want to be able to show that it's ok to talk about it at the moment, but anything I really want to say has to come from a position of strength, and I'm still a bit too fragile at the moment. If she gets the job though it involves a 6 month stint alcohol free for her...and she WANTS this job...so that might be the impetus to slow down/stop for her... x

Comment

I understand what you're saying. Who would you be to lecture her about the evils of alcohol when you were downing it yourself? What respect would she have for your advice? It's great that she feels she can talk to you about this.

Comment

Hellooooooo! Well here I am back after a few very eventful days one way or another...and am pleased to say that Day 7 of my mojo quest is complete...still on it (sometimes by the absolute skin of my teeth...but hanging on in there)....3 days to go until my 10 day mojo is claimed!!!
              Hope all you other mojo-ers are still ok....:wave:
              xx

Comment

Way to go QB!!!
                ?A year from now you will wish you had started today.? Karen Lamb

Comment

WHHOOOOPPPP!!!!! Got my 10 day mojo...yippee!!!

Comment

Yahoo, Queen! Atta girl!!! :goodjob:
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Congratulations Queenie! I hope you get your computer issues fixed soon. I miss hearing about your day.

Comment

Working...
                      X