Hope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope!

I am at day 6! OMG - I am on top of the world. I feel so much stronger and healthier... and this is only after six days! Can't imagine how I will feel after a few weeks ... months ...

I especially take inspiration from all of your posts and The Dude daily posts just stuck with me - so THANK YOU the Dude.

The post regarding having the choice about that first drink really hit me - I do have a choice about drinking the first glass. After the first glass, then my brain chemistry and the addiction might take over. BUT I do have the choice to say NO THANK YOU to the first glass. And that is what helped me when I had some cravings - that and I do think l-glutamine helps tremendously too.

For the first time in 4 years I am optimistic, happy and hopeful I can make it and get rid of this demon.

Thank you all!

eg

Hope!

Yippeeeee.....glad you are feeling so great e-g! Well done for Day 6 xx
    ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Hope!

well done eg, really hope you keep going, your life WILL improve so much if you stay AF.

You will more than likely have tough days where the temptations could be strong.
      Please, stick them out, do whatever it takes to stay AF.
      The cravings ease and lessen in time and you have so much happier times ahead of you if you put the work in.

All the very best.

Damo in Dublin
      Still trying !!!
      AF 25th June2014

Comment

Hope!

eg73, I'm right there with you on day 6. This time using L-glut and vitamins - cant believe the difference compared to other times I've tried.
        All the best and just keep on doing what you're doing!!!
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hope!

I am at 7 days! ONE WEEK -- Ah! I feel good - although yesterday it was a bit rough with cravings - had a stressful day at work But I managed to avoid drinking... barely butI did it. And that is all it counts at the end of the day.

Cheers all

eg

Comment

Hope!

:yay: CONGRATS on your 7 AF days eg
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hope!

Way to go EG! You have to fight the voice and all of the rationalizations. It is worth it!

Comment

Hope!

Thank you FlyAway!

Comment

Hope!

7 days AF is a HUGE milestone! Congratulations!
                  "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hope!

Way to go e-g!!! We have the same amout of days. On to day 7!
                    ?A year from now you will wish you had started today.? Karen Lamb

Comment

Hope!

Keep me posted on how your are doing Margaret! I need inspiration and I perform better with a 'buddy' - same thing when I exercise I am having some cravings... and not sure how to deal with them - taking lots-of-l-glutamine.... and taking deeep breaths ... I guess...

Comment

Hope!

Great job! It's of such value for me to share my experience here...helps me, tremendously, to know that this isn't all in my head, that I'm not unique. So many of us react the same way to AL. Any reminders of why we need to stay away, and be vigilant about it, are so helpful.

I actually just posted before reading your thread here, and it's more stuff about the importance of avoiding that first drink. The absolute key to the long term battle for me.

Keep up the great work! It's always as simple as not having that first drink, and not having that first drink will get easier as time goes on. The tradeoff is that your addiction will gain some currency as well: "You've proven you can quit. Even if you don't just have one or two, you can always be sober again tomorrow."

Again, after a year of sobriety, I fell for this. Here I am, on Day 10, two and a half years later.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it!

Comment

Hope!

The l-glut seemed to help me today. I had a ton of cravings yesterday but not today. I've also noticed it helps me to have busy plans around 5ish. The later I get home from errands. working out, the less I crave.
                          Great job!!! I do better with a buddy too.
                          ?A year from now you will wish you had started today.? Karen Lamb

Comment

Hope!

Hya...Day 6 for me too!!!! Well done peeps....let's keep going! x
                            ...peace and quiet....and a cup of tea.....heaven:h

Comment

Hope!

Dude - thank you! You are a true inspiration.

Margaret - same for me. I am trying to schedule things with my husband and the kids (I told my husband I want to stop for 30 days and the take it from there - and he hates my drinking habit, so he is all up for helping me). Being busy and avoiding those 2 hours where the cravings come in.... it is just 2 hours a day... but it makes such a huge difference in my life and in the life of those I LOVE.

Let's stay in touch - not sure I could do this alone

xoxo

eg

Comment

Working...
                              X