About a half an hour from wasted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a friend's posting on Facebook. It's funny how aware I now am of society's obsession with alcohol. How glamorous it's made to appear in advertisements and on television. How cool some people think it is to talk like my friend. Ugh. No more for me.

It's true. On my way to work today I saw two booze delivery trucks with very enticing advertisements pasted on the sides of their trucks. Young people having fun in the sun. I just smiled to myself and thought how much effort is put forth trying to sell you something. Funny, ads can depict someone with a drink in their hand but is illegal to actually watch them drink it. So much hypocrisy and spin I wonder how any of us stay sane. Oh well on to day 32.

Comment

Yep, so right! One of my favourite things to do is curl up with a blanket and watch my Sex and the City box set, but man don't they glam up the booze factor. I've never seen an episode where one of them look like shite the morning after being smashed, or vomiting in public because they are wasted while out with the girls. And, they don't just drink cheap wine, the drinkies they indulge in are pretty potent concoctions. My daughter actually brought this to my attention, it never really struck me before but it's so true. The reality of a wild night out with the SATC girls just DOESN'T exist.
      It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
      Mother Theresa

Comment

try watching beerfest and keeping up with how much they drink!

Comment

I was struck this week by how EVERYONE at work says, "after that I need a drink." "I deserve a margarita after that one," etc. Everyone. Such a powerful drug!

Comment

a bf of a friend of mine posted how he was so drunk he pissed on the sofa. he also pissed on her. and found it hilarious.

Comment

Hypernova;1157323 wrote: It's true. On my way to work today I saw two booze delivery trucks with very enticing advertisements pasted on the sides of their trucks. Young people having fun in the sun. I just smiled to myself and thought how much effort is put forth trying to sell you something. Funny, ads can depict someone with a drink in their hand but is illegal to actually watch them drink it. So much hypocrisy and spin I wonder how any of us stay sane. Oh well on to day 32.
              I barely stay sane i think.

I wish once, just once an ad would just tell us the benefits of a product they are trying to sell, rather than sucking us in with visual images, audio, and just... Manipulation. Are there any uncorrupted places left in the world? Because this one's making me and a lot of people sick. The world is almost sick, sorry to say.
              One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Working...
              X