Just Broke it Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Broke it Off

Day 7 AF and I just got up the nerve to break it off with a man I have seeing for over a year. I can honestly say that I hardly knew this man sober and when I was sober I really didn't like him all that much or have all that much in common with him. Now that I've been sober almost 7 full days it's become painfully obvious that in my drunken stupor I could have just been talking to and sleeping with anyone - just a warm body. The relationship was completely void of any substance. (Mind you I only saw him every other weekend when my son was with his dad, it wasn't a very steady relationship anyway). There was nothing wrong with him; he was a gentleman and a nice enough man. It's hard for me to believe he didn't get how drunk I was all the time I was with him - or maybe he knew and just didn't care. In any case, it's a clean break and a new life. Hopefully just one more of many healthy changes to come.

Just Broke it Off

It's nice to hear that he was a gentleman and not contributing to your drinking. But if he wasn't right for you then a clean break was certainly warranted. For his sake too! Taking a break from relationships and focusing on yourself might be a good idea. I know nothing about you and don't want to come off that way but I'm thinking that for myself, I need to redefine who I am now that I'm not drinking. A lot has changed and I am changing too. And it's all good!

Comment

Just Broke it Off

Yes, that's a really good way of putting it: "redefining who I am now that I am not drinking." It just feels like everything has changed.

Comment

Just Broke it Off

It sounds like a healthy choice for you at this time. Who knows, it may lead to meeting someone new and fabulous!
        ?A year from now you will wish you had started today.? Karen Lamb

Comment

Working...
        X