Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35 Days of AF

Hello everyone,

I read daily on here, but haven't posted in a while. I had to grab my phone to look through my calender to count the days of being AF. I skipped right past my 30 mark goal to 35 as of today. Each day is an accomplishment.

With all that is going on in my life just in the past month, I know if I was in my old routine clinging to a bottle the outcome would be down depressing and horrible. It's amazing what stress and life factors can occure and how much different it is to face those challenges with a sober mind. I have to say, I am very very happy in my decision to quit, grow and force myself to be where I am at now. I am not the only thing benefiting from this, and that's a huge eye opener.

I am starting life over again in a new direction. As of 10 days ago I am officialy a single mother caring for my 2 children. What a hell it has been not only being trapped in my addiction to AL, but trapped in an abusive relationship as well. I could have not had the courage to save myself and kid's from the insanity without facing my own self. As I got sober and started my recovery, a lot of things were revealed to me that have always been there just I couldn't or didn't want to see. Denial comes in many many forms. Denial of a relationship that was both physicaly and emotionaly abusive seemed 'normal' to me and really I thought I deserved it so I covered it up and hid it.

Many new journey's are beginning. I am facing head on things I should have done a long time ago. It's not easy, but it is right and healthy and when I break down sometimes, it's in moments of tears that strengthen me, not of self pitty and feelings of worthlessness. My life is becoming about making and acting on choices as I evaluate the situation, not of my emotions or temperary feelings.

Thank you MWO for all the support and wonderful things on here. This place and being honest with myself truely combined has saved my life, and I finaly believe I am a life worth saving and happiness is a choice of my own.
    "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."-- Judy Garland

35 Days of AF

Congratulations Turn Around - it's amazing how we can look at what's going on in our lives with a completely new set of eyes once the alcohol induced fog lifts, like being reborn in a way. What once would have been overwhelming is now manageable, no more wheel spinning, everyday is life making advances not steps backward. Good luck!
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

35 Days of AF

Hi Turn Around ....

You have done well by taking control of your life. Congratulations on your ongoing committment to sobriety.

You and I have a few things in common....beyond not drinking anymore!

Is it a coincidence that our screen names are VERY similar - AND that we're both Alaskan? If you're from around Southcentral...you'll know where my name comes from! Guess we'll be keeping the posters here on their toes...

Keep it up T....I'm happy that you are FREE!
      Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

35 Days of AF

Good job Turnaround! I have been dealing with facing a bad marriage as well. I say congratulations to you on kicking AL and the bad relationship - in my life I feel they're both negative addictive things.

BTW - former Alaskan here as well! Turnagain - like the name.

Comment

35 Days of AF

CONGRATS Turn Around on your 35 AF days! Good for you

My husband walked (ran) away last year, 37 years of marriage, he's never been happy, never will be. So I've been on my own the past 16 months, still trying to adjust. My kids are grown so I only have myself to worry about these days. I get a lot of strength by coming to MWO everday & I hope you do too!

Keep up the great work, do it for yourself & your children.
          We can choose to be happy

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

35 Days of AF

Turnaround,

I believe you're finding in yourself the strong woman that was always there. You inspire me to do better with my life. Thank you.:h
            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

35 Days of AF

Turnagain...arm What a small world. I'm 45 minutes away, less if there is no traffic. How refreshing. Thank you for the support.

Juja, I feel exactly what you wrote. I believe there is a strong person in all of us, and when a spark within happens we need to grab hold and continue in it.

Lavande, it is so true that we choose to be happy. "Pursuit of happiness" is powerful. I read your posts often.

mylife, I could see very fast that mine went hand in hand. It was a scarey truth knowing that he was supporting my drinking ever so carefuly and all hell broke loose when I stopped. The abuse may have been worse OR the same, AL took forcus off of it entirely.

allswell, It is as if we are reborn. New outlook, new way of thinking and recieving, new everything. I can see how my choices affect all aspects of not only my life, but my children as well.

Thank you all for your support and comments back. This is definetly a journey and I'm so thankful I found the courage to do this on the other side of the fence. I could have never done it drowing in drinks to numb the pain. It numbed my happiness and lost focus on joy.
              "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."-- Judy Garland

Comment

35 Days of AF

Well done Turn Around! I was in a verbally/emotionally abusive relationship over 20 years ago and it's shocking how your perception of "normal" is skewed. It took me years to recover my self-confidence. Good for you for getting out and setting a good example for your children. Congratulations on 35 days AF!:goodjob:

Comment

35 Days of AF

Well done turnaround 35 days alcohol free is great work, keep it up and keep posting as it does help,ask mr tips :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

35 Days of AF

Sawwweeeeeeeet! You made it past the first (of many) months!!! Way to go :goodjob:
                    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                    X