My first question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first question

Hi Im wondering if I will experience any dts if I just quit cold turkey I drink about a bottle or little less every nite for at least 2 years anyone answer this Thx maxwell13:new::new::new:

My first question

Oh a bottle of wine sorry forgot to put that in

Comment

My first question

Hi Maxwell! Welcome to MWO. I'm not a health care professional, but my guess would be that you'll be just fine. There are plenty of people here who drank much more than you per day and had no physical withdrawal symptoms.

Do you have a plan for your sobriety? Do you know how you're going to quit drinking? I'd suggest you read through the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html to get some ideas about what other people found helpful. Wanting to stop will not be enough. So glad that you're here.

Comment

My first question

Thx no I dont have a planyet Ill check out the tool box like you suggested.

Comment

My first question

Hi maxwell,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!

Have you read the MWO book yet? You can download it from the Health Store here on the website. It's fill of good info.

I was a big wine drinker myself & did not experience withdrawal symptoms. Just felt kind of crappy, like I had the flu or something for a few days. Just be prepared to take good care of yourself, drink slots of water to stay hydrated.

Please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support

Wishing you the best!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

My first question

Maxwell,
            I was a big wine drinker too, but didn't experience withdrawal symptoms. You have good advice here about making a plan and just coming here for support is a great first step. Lavande's advice about drinking water is good, too. Good luck in taking this important first step.
            Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

My first question

:welcome: Maxwell,
              Have you ever experienced the dts before? I only had a few times during a hangover.... not when I stopped for good. Everyone's body is different, if your really concerned maybe talk with a doctor? I know it can be scary to stop drinking (I was so scared) but not really about the physical side of withdraw. It is scarier what drinking does to the body. Good for you coming here!! You'll feel so much better soon. :l

Comment

My first question

Hi Maxwell13,

I just quit cold turkey 4 days back and I was drinking 8 doubles of Scotch every day and before quitting I was binging for 6 days and swiped off 5 bottles....you can see my posts where i have put in my experiences on a daily basis. I am absolutely off the withdrawal without medications. I worked for me but based on what I read it may not be advisable. If you are planning CT you may want to have a chat with your GP first and make sure you wash off the toxins with good diet, supplements and exercise.

Vy

Comment

Working...
                X