Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newcomer

Hi everyone!
    I'm new here and a bit shy about the whole deal, but really happy to share my troubles with alcohol.
    Before signing up I read a lot of the messages posted here. It's comforting to know that so many people support each other with messages and good thoughts.
    I really don't have any experience regarding support groups on the net but hope to be helped and also help others in the same situation.
    Best regards,
    Ilovemusic
    :new:

newcomer

:welcome: Ilovemusic,

Just wanted to say my hellos. Won't overwhelm you with advice at the moment just glad you found us.

Have a read of the of the link below. Masses of great information in there.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Keep reading, keep posting regularly and let us get to know you better.

J x
    :l
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

newcomer

Hi JackieClaire

Hi JackieClaire!
      Thanx for your response. I did a lot of reading before ," checking in" .
      It's very nice to talk other people with similar problems.
      I'm not sure about how this works. Should I tell my story, where I'm from without identifying myself?
      I see that everyone is very comfortable writing here, but should I learn about the etiquette rules?
      Hope to fit in and join this great group....:thanks:
      Ilovemusic

Comment

newcomer

Hi Ilovemusic welcome to mwo as jc says check it all out and post your thoughts and feelings, Maybe wait a while and get a feel of the place but don't be shy to ask any questions any time ,you are not alone in this battle and we can all relate to what your going through, ps there is a newbie thread here which might be of help but you can post anywhere you like,hope to see you around and remember don't quit quitting.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

newcomer

:welcome: Ilovemusic! I'm fairly new here too, and also new to forum posting, but I have felt very comfortable. Share what you want and how much you want. It's up to you.
          Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

newcomer

Hi Ilovemusic,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place that has helped a lot of us

The best place to get started is reading the MWO Book. You can download it right from the Health Store here on the website - I did!

You will read all about the recommended supplements, the benefits of healthy eating & a little exercise & the Hypno CDs which are great! There is also info about Rx medications if you choose to take them, I didn't.

Read the book, make yourself a good plan & work up a strong commitment to take back control - you can do it. Feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support.

Wishing you the best!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

newcomer

Hi Mario,
              Thanx for you kind words. Tonstanweader, it's good to know that there are other newcomers! Lavande, I appreciate the reading advice!
              Hope to hear from all you guys soon!
              Ilovemusic

Comment

newcomer

Just wanted to say welcome.
                I would say share when and if you're ready. It's up to you.

Personally sharing my story and my emotions of dealing with and without AL really helped me. Now I am at the point where just coming to this site everyday for a check in and chat with folks on here is enough to keep me motivated in the right direction. when I don't come here for awhile I find it a bit harder to stay AL free. Everyone here has a story, and knows about this addiction. Welcome again, glad to have you aboard!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

newcomer

Hi everyone!
                  Made a decision today... to clear the house out, throw out all the liquor.... I hope this is a good start... I'm taking down all the fine stuff me and my husband ( that is AF for 7 years) have in our apartment. He's not really aware of my problem and since he doesn't drink, he likes to buy wine sometimes, because he probably thinks I can enjoy it in a controlled manner. But I know that isn't possible so I decided to take a stance and finally change...
                  Wish me luck....
                  Ilovemusic

Comment

newcomer

Good fo you Ilovemusic! Enlist your husband's help, so that you don't have wine in the house. Wine is my downfall, so I know I can't have any around or I will drink it. My husband drinks gin, so we have that here, but gin is not a temptation for me at all.
                    Hang in there and remember, just get through today. Each day will take care of itself and before you know it you will be a week sober, then two weeks, then more. But it all happens one day at a time.
                    Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

newcomer

Ilovemusic;1162088 wrote: Hi everyone!
                      Made a decision today... to clear the house out, throw out all the liquor.... I hope this is a good start... I'm taking down all the fine stuff me and my husband ( that is AF for 7 years) have in our apartment. He's not really aware of my problem and since he doesn't drink, he likes to buy wine sometimes, because he probably thinks I can enjoy it in a controlled manner. But I know that isn't possible so I decided to take a stance and finally change...
                      Wish me luck....
                      Ilovemusic
                      Getting the booze out of the house is a fantastic start! Well done. I'm sorry I missed you when you first posted, but wanted to say my welcomes. Post as much or as little about yourself as you feel comfortable doing. Make a plan as to how you're going to maintain sobriety. Getting the alcohol out is a great start! Read and post, reach out for help and offer help, and stay close.

Comment

Working...
                      X