BzzBee62: Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks DG. I've also been a daily drinker for quite some years (about 7). I figured the foggyness / tiredness is probably due to the body trying to adapt. It is a bit bothersome, but par for the course I'm guessing.

Thanks for the feedback and warnings. It's always great to hear how others have coped / are coping.

Buzz.

Comment

Day 6, and still going strong, despite forgetting to post anything yesterday!

Yesterday was a bit weird. I didn't have much energy for anything, so basically I didn't really get much done either at work or at home.

Last night I was restless and woke up several times, feelng very tired this morning. It's almost like all the energy I had on days 3 and 4 has now been zapped. Still, I'm positive about staying quit and haven't had any real cravings since the first day... So, hopefully it will continue that way.

Buzz.

Comment

Day 7 today. Woah! The last time I stoppped drinking for this long was when I did it on meds. This time I went cold turkey, and despite some minor physical side-effects (mainly headache) I've been feeling ok.

I'm still doing ODAT, and thinking about the fact I have some business trips coming up soon (in a couple of weeks). Do I drink, do I not drink, if I don't drink what do I say etc.? I haven't made my mind up on this yet... And probably won't until I'm in the situation. One thing is for sure; I don't want any future drinking to trigger me into daily drinking again... That needs to remain a thing of the past.

Comment

Good for you BzzBee62. Don't worry about the business trips yet, ODAT is still the way to go. By then, your cravings may have really diminished. Somewhere on here I found my new mantra when out with people: "I don't drink anymore." or even plain "I don't drink." Let them think whatever they want. I think the first week is the hardest part to get through and you've made that so feel good and celebrate (soberly) your accomplishment.
          Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

Thanks very much tonstantweader. I'm not really fretting about the business trips, but I am asking myself whether I should give myself a firm "no", or rather wait to see how I feel at the time. For now I'm inclined to "see what happens", bearing in mind I don't want it to be a trigger. I may make up my mind before I get to that time, but indeed for now it is ODAT.

At the end of day 7 now. Things seem to be clearing up in my mind, and I have no more potential symptoms of withdrawal. Hopefully that is the end of physical reactions, because despite they were relatively mild, I really didn't enjoy the headaches in the first few days.

Comment

Day 8, and it's the weekend, but I'm still going ODAT. Just because it's the weekend doesn't mean I should be drinking! I need more AF time under my belt.

Comment

Weekends used to be one long binge for me, but now I look forward to having a clear head and actually enjoying my weekend days free of the hazy, cloudiness of a three day hangover.
                Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

tonstantweader;1165647 wrote: Weekends used to be one long binge for me, but now I look forward to having a clear head and actually enjoying my weekend days free of the hazy, cloudiness of a three day hangover.
                  Same for me. I had gotten to the stage where I was already thinking about having a drink as soon as I got up, and actually having my first by 10AM... Not good!

Day 9 today, yay! Still off the sauce...

Comment

I can relate too, weekends used to be time to pretty much stay drunk. It is 7am here and I in the past if I had gotten up so early would have had few drinks already! I pretended I would have just one so I could go back to sleep.. and then another, and another. Finally I would go back to bed around 9am and wake up at 11am all groggy and re-hungover. I look back at that behavior and can barely believe it!

Today I am going to keep busy, I don't have time for AL!

Have a great AF Saturday!

Comment

Today;1166160 wrote: I can relate too, weekends used to be time to pretty much stay drunk. It is 7am here and I in the past if I had gotten up so early would have had few drinks already! I pretended I would have just one so I could go back to sleep.. and then another, and another. Finally I would go back to bed around 9am and wake up at 11am all groggy and re-hungover. I look back at that behavior and can barely believe it!

Today I am going to keep busy, I don't have time for AL!

Have a great AF Saturday!
                      Wow, now that you wrote that, I thought about it and realized I sometimes did exactly the same thing...

Comment

Day 11, and almost all symptoms (mainly random headaches, stomach ache...) are gone. I haven't had any real cravings thus far, but the temptation has cropped up a few times. The temptation has manifested itself much like thinking of having a cup of tea or a glass of water, but I know that one drink can easily lead to two, three etc. and I really don't want to be a "home drinker" any more.

Comment

Hey BzzBee,

I read another post somewhere about wanting to lose some weight in the middle. Think of all those empty calories you DID NOT take in over the past 11 days. I really started noticing a difference after about 3 weeks although I cut out all sugar and caffeine when I quit drinking. Keep it up!
                          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hi Allswell,

Thanks for that information. I'm not actively dieting, but not eating more than usual either, so I'm hoping there will be at least some noticeable (i.e. visible) difference within a month or so.

Today is day 12, and I had a bit of a crave this evening, like "Hey, go on, one won't hurt... You're doing great, go on..." I have no idea where that came from, but it wasn't very pleasant, knowing that I have told myself I won't drink because I crave, but rather when the opportunity arises and I choose to have one. Other than that weird moment, everything else seems to be going ok. I'm actually starting to feel a bit more alert and productive at work, although very tired a lot of the time too... I have no idea where that tiredness is coming from... I will make a post asking about that.

Comment

Hi Allswell,

Thanks for that information. I'm not actively dieting, but not eating more than usual either, so I'm hoping there will be at least some noticeable (i.e. visible) difference within a month or so.

Today is day 12, and I had a bit of a crave this evening, like "Hey, go on, one won't hurt... You're doing great, go on..." I have no idea where that came from, but it wasn't very pleasant, knowing that I have told myself I won't drink because I crave, but rather when the opportunity arises and I choose to have one. Other than that weird moment, everything else seems to be going ok. I'm actually starting to feel a bit more alert and productive at work, although very tired a lot of the time too... I have no idea where that tiredness is coming from... I will make a post asking about that.

Comment

Hiya Bzzz....I recall being VERY tired for the first few weeks. I still tire out quite easily but it's getting better at 30 days plus. From everything I've read, this fatigue is a normal part of the detox process.

I move when I can - it always makes me feel better. I am looking forward to getting more vigorous exercise soon.

How's your sleep? Are you making it through the night? I'm still plagued by the 4 am night sweat. But at least no longer have the 1 am...2 am and 3 am sweat beforehand!
                                Sober for the Revolution!
                                AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X