Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still going

hi
    so, i made it to day 6. I actually like to refer to it as nights, not days, since i never drank during the day...so, I've had 5 AF nights in a row, including Friday and Saturday nights!

I'm thrilled with myself.

Friday night was not that hard, but Saturday night I had a little bit harder time distracting myself. It really helped that my hubby is AF with me.

my goal is 10 nights AF. After that, I will reevaluate whether or not I will moderate. I know i can moderate how much I drink, I just have to work very hard at moderating daily drinking. I've been able to have 1 drink, or 2 week nights, then 3-4 weekends, but that just lead up to daily drinking, which i don't like. So, if i do decide moderation is what i want to do, I will have to make a commitment this time to whatever i decide.

still going

Congrats on your 5 AF nights!

About moderation.......
    I thought about it, I wanted to try it when I first arrived here but in the end I passed on the idea. Why? I just didn't feel that I could trust myself & I was worried that it would be just too much work. In the end, for me it was just easier to remain AF

Give yourself a longer period of AF time (30 days at least) before attempting to moderate. 10 days is just not long enough to really get control, IMHO.

Keep up the great work!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

still going

Well done letgolaughing on your progress so far and i would agree with lav re moderating, goodluck in it anyway its always our own choice :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

still going

My problem was nights, too, letgolaughing. I rarely if ever drank during the day, but come evening I would cook dinner while drinking wine, drink wine with dinner, and then continue to drink until I fell into bed. I am now on my 13th day AF. I tried moderating before, but it didn't work for me. I've read the MWO book, though, and it seems it did work for Roberta and Brenda. I'm like Lavande, though. I just don't trust myself to moderate.
        Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

still going

Hi Lol,

The choice is completely yours but based on my research, you have to decide if you consider yourself a alcoholic/abuser/dependent. If the answer is yes I doubt moderation will work (thats my case) if no then it should. thats my 2 cents worth...hope that helps

Vijay

Comment

still going

thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
            X