day 24 coming to a close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

day 24 coming to a close

it's so interesting, i am just sort of seeing how long i can go...keep racking up the days without AL. no reason to drink. even though i am bored, i tell myself i really don't want to waste precious time doing "exactly the same thing" i have been doing for 5 years, which is come home from work, sit around on the internet, and have a few drinks. i'm still sitting around on the internet, and haven't got much motivation to do anything else...but hey, i'm not drinking! now to work on the procrastination and motivation part...school starts this week. i think it will be the kick in the butt i need. thanks for being here y'all. i am so happy to have found this community.

day 24 coming to a close

24 day is awesome! You are doing great.
    ?A year from now you will wish you had started today.? Karen Lamb

Comment

day 24 coming to a close

Hi Abeille well done on 24 days alcohol free,great going,If your bored why not get back into some good old hobbies you have lost due to your drinking,I know its hard to get motivated to do things but imo its a must,going for walks,swimming,reading books,reading and posting here,what i am saying is don't get bored do something :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

day 24 coming to a close

Congrats on your 24 AF days Abielle

I'm sure you will be getting busier when classes resume but be sure to schedule some healthy 'me' time for yourself too. Get outside & walk, run, ride a bike, whatever you like to do

Keep up the great work!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

day 24 coming to a close

When in doubt walk a dog or get on some rollerblades and glide across the surface of the earth!
          (it works for me, sometimes). If you're a really confident skater you can run the dog while blading at the same time :-)

Well done on 24 days that's awesome. I'm finding just AF day 5 a struggle.

I hate to think of the hours, days and possible months of my life I've wasted pointlessly surfing the internet while drinking wine, writing stupid embarrassing comments and posts on Facebook that I don't remember doing, sending incoherent or ridiculous email that get me into trouble, trying desperately to put the pieces together the next day.

I don't miss that. I just miss the buzz and the high and the relaxation of it, sometimes. Time to go snuggle in bed with my dog. I love her more than wine, after all (and my DH of course) tee hee.

Keep posting. This site has been a lifesaver to me. Thanks everyone.
          :alf:
          AF Day 1 = 27-08-2012
          Goal #1: 7 days (02-09-2012) :h
          Goal #2: 30 days (26-09-2012)
          Goal #3: 100 days (05-12-2012)
          :baaah:

Comment

day 24 coming to a close

Hobbies, yes! Good God, what are those? LOL.

In addition to making drinking my hobby for the past 5 years or so...I am a total workaholic. So, I am really having a hard time thinking in terms of doing things for relaxation, or education, or enjoyment. I read a lot lately. That's about it. I injured my foot in a car accident, so I haven't been able to be as active as I would like to be.

I am trying to join some groups on Meetup.com in order to meet new people that have nothing to do with drinking...I just don't even know what I am interested in anymore. And, my partner is out of town for a month or so, so it's really just me and the cats. I don't really have many friends, yet. And none that don't drink.

And Rollerblader...I totally understand about Facebook,and the morning after. I used to call it Drunkbook...it was just too ridiculous.

Sigh, the newness of this...there is so much time!

Comment

day 24 coming to a close

Good job on Day 24, Abielle.

Bored? Start a book you won't be able to put down. Look up your ancestors on ancestry.com. Educate yourself about something you know nothing about. Clean out a closet. Clean everything before school begins. Wash a few windows--you'll be pleased with the view, especially with both eyes focused the same way.

Juja
              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

day 24 coming to a close

Hey Abielle,

I really relate to the not knowing how to find new hobbies thing. I think drinking wine was my entertainment and my comfort. My DH works away a lot and so it's me and the dog. I was thinking of looking up a couple of girls I haven't seen for a while but then I thought about how we always went for "boozey lunches" and "girly afternoons" which involved lots of wine and giggling, and I thought that we really have nothing in common other than drinking and I think we would struggle for stuff to talk about if we went for coffee or to a juicebar. Isn't that sad? So I've rented a DVD instead.

I'm lucky to have a few good friends that can take or leave drink, so if I suggest going to the cinema or for a day's walk in the hills they would be up for that. It's more about breaking habits, I think.

Keep posting, you're inspiring me :-)
                :alf:
                AF Day 1 = 27-08-2012
                Goal #1: 7 days (02-09-2012) :h
                Goal #2: 30 days (26-09-2012)
                Goal #3: 100 days (05-12-2012)
                :baaah:

Comment

Working...
                X