7 days in - a thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 days in - a thank you

so this time last week i was here trying to desperately sober up and try to make myself feel normal with a hair of the dog before meeting friends

seven days later im here again about to meet the same friends with one difference im sober and hangover free

thank you my amazing friends for helping me through the first week and keeping me safe from AL and his grasp on me. now off on a day out with friends and our children without the thought of how much better it would be if i wasnt still drunk

lee xxxx
    WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

7 days in - a thank you

Lee - well done :goodjob:

I can't say enough how great you have done. A week is amazing, it's tougher than anyone not experiencing it would believe.

You have done so well, you must be well chuffed with yourself. Keep it up!

Have an amazing day out with your kids, and maybe buy yourself something a little special to the money that you would have spent on wine this week (say about $10/bottle x 7 days - what can you get for aroudn the $70 that you would love? earrings? a necklace? shoes? a top? some slinky sexy lingerie?) haha.

We're all with you xxx :l
    :alf:
    AF Day 1 = 27-08-2012
    Goal #1: 7 days (02-09-2012) :h
    Goal #2: 30 days (26-09-2012)
    Goal #3: 100 days (05-12-2012)
    :baaah:

Comment

7 days in - a thank you

That's awesome LIS - I am really jealous. I still slip through the cracks days 1-4 but I aim to do better and keep trying. All strength and best wishes to you

Comment

7 days in - a thank you

so so good! i'm so excited for you.
        i have 7 days today too, Last week at this time i was so scared of the possibility of having withdrawals that i was afraid to go AF. I too am soo thankful for this group who convinced me that my level of drinking was not enough to give me w/d and made me take that leap of faith. I could not have done it without y'all.

Comment

7 days in - a thank you

Awesome Baby!

leaveinsilence;1164233 wrote: so this time last week i was here trying to desperately sober up and try to make myself feel normal with a hair of the dog before meeting friends

seven days later im here again about to meet the same friends with one difference im sober and hangover free

thank you my amazing friends for helping me through the first week and keeping me safe from AL and his grasp on me. now off on a day out with friends and our children without the thought of how much better it would be if i wasnt still drunk

lee xxxx
          Nicely Done Lee! :goodjob:
          You should feel very proud of yourself and rightly so. However, be vigilant my friend...the voice will not give up without a fight! Imagine how you're going to feel after TWO weeks! Keep up the great work and I'll see you back in The Nest!
          -Cap'n G

Comment

7 days in - a thank you

:yougo: Congratulations on a sober week leaveinsilence! Keep putting one foot in front of the other and a sober life will be yours!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

7 days in - a thank you

Egggggggcellent! The first week should be thought of as a real achievement, it just goes to show you, that it IS indeed possible to live life without AL.

There will be many positive benefits from stopping the devil juice.......keep it up :goodjob:
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

7 days in - a thank you

:yay: Keep up the great work LIS!!!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

7 days in - a thank you

BIG congrats LIS, a week is an amazing achievement!!!

Great to hear you have done a week too LGL, you made it with no withdrawals!!!!

Comment

7 days in - a thank you

Well done LIS, One week into a new life keep at it as it does get better :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

7 days in - a thank you

Congrats! Great first milestone
                      keep it going...
                      Enough!
                      Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Comment

7 days in - a thank you

well done Lee,

keep up your great work.

Damo in Dublin
                        Still trying !!!
                        AF 25th June2014

Comment

7 days in - a thank you

Way to go Lis!

Comment

7 days in - a thank you

Let me add my congratulations too, both LIS and LGL. You're right that "normal" people think it odd that we celebrate a week of being sober, but it is a HUGE accomplishment. I remember watching a comedian a few months ago making a joke about giving up booze. He said something like "Yeah, and it's been an awful week." The audience laughed at the thought of him going a whole week and counting that as giving up booze. All i could think, as I drank my wine, was "wow they have no idea how much I'd give to go a week without drinking." Now, make it two weeks!
                            Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

7 days in - a thank you

Yay, a week is fantastic, am just celebrating as well, with a lovely coffee (lol). Well done. I would like to know if anyone can tell me when the healthy glow and feeling great bit starts. :-)
                              :lI'd really rather be skiing:H

Comment

Working...
                              X