Day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2

Made it through day 1 without my usual 1.5 liters of Sauv Blanc. It is nice to wake up without a headache. I'm taking Campral and feeling tired. Anyone want to weigh in on other side effects?:new:

Day 2

Hmmmm other side effects let me see

You will wake up feeling GREAT compared to hungover and lathargic
    You will have more energy
    Your body will return to a more normal state
    You will save mucho dinero
    You will gain the admiration of people you know for being strong enough to stop
    You will be very happy everyday you wake up, and you didnt drink the night before

Good luck, stay strong

Im sure there is other side effects, others will probably weigh in on here :H
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Day 2

Welcome, Mia....and congratulations on taking that HUGE step toward a new life. I do not take any meds, but I do take a lot of supplements. Drinking creates a lot of damage from tip to toe so it is essential to begin rebuilding your physical health. It is quite typical to feel VERY tired at first when detoxing. Be sure to drink a lot of water.

There are many resources here on the forum to help you in your journey. The most important are the people. This is a warm, supportive and knowledgable community brought together by our common struggle with alcohol. I'm glad you've joined us. You will find inspiration and hope here.

You CAN have your life back.
      Sober for the Revolution!
      AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Day 2

Hi MiaSarah,
        I second what Nelz says about the side effects! Others are not having to wonder where that nasty bruise came from, or what embarrassing thing you said, did, or wrote last night.

Turnagain also has good advice for you. The people here are great: supportive, non-judgmental, and HELPFUL.

I was a wine drinker, too, although Pinot Grigio was my drug of choice. I've been AF for two weeks now and feel great. Stick around, read a lot of what is here and get involved. This has been the only difference between my quitting now and when I tried to quit before.
        Good habits breed good habits; bad habits breed bad habits.

Comment

Day 2

Hi Mia Sarah,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
          You'll probably find the answers you need on the Meds forum. I have not taken any of the meds myself.

Have you read the MWO book yet? I don't remember now but there probably os info in there as well. Yuo can download the book right from the Health Store here on the website.

Please feel free to drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support

Wishing you the best!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Day 2

Welcome Mia Sarah, you have come to a good place

I am new too and have been 11 days AF. I am taking Campral too (333 mg). Well, I've actually been taking it for about 4 months and was still drinking. (I liked vodka but I drank wine when I was "compromising" with myself) None of my stops from AL ever took until I found this site. Not sure if the meds took while, but I think it has a lot to do with the support here. Read and write lots of posts, its amazing how comforting it is to know there are others out there who REALLY understand.

There is a thread for meds but I found it is mostly about Baclafen (?)(I'd never heard of it, not spelled right)

As for my side effects? I think I have a rumbly tummy that I didn't have before and did find I felt little tired and spacy so I take it in evening. Nothing bad for me and I am thinking of stopping as I am taking L-Glut and 5-HTP now. How are you feeling? I'd like to know your SE. Hang in there and as others have said; drink water, it helps!

Good luck!

Comment

Day 2

Hi Mia Sarah!

I stumbled on this site about a week ago and couldn't stop thi king about how there are so many other great people out there with the exact same problem as me! In one hour I will be AF for 2 days and this is my first post! I've been drinking hard for 10 years always knowing I am an alcoholic... But very functional? I'm just glad to see all the support here... Keep on with your journey and I will try too! I cannot remember the last time I went AF for 3 days... We can do this!
              http://www.aahistory.com/days.html

Round 1 - AF/NF Sept 29, 2011-June 23, 2012

Round 2 - AF/NF October 6, 2012-December 2012

Round 3 - AF/NF January 5, 2014 - ????

Third times a charm!

Comment

Working...
              X