Sober September Challenge!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Hello Everyone, Hope u have all had a nice A/F Monday. I am looking fwd to stringing together lots more af days this week ODAT. Audrey, my wife had suffered sinus infections for years. We tried everything until we found a Myo Facial Physio Therapist. She was diagnosed with Mio Facial Syndrome. Everyone treated her for sinus infection,and she did have that as well,but most of the pain was caused by MFS. Have a look on the web.It may be MFS and not sinus problems.The pain is so similar. Will check in tommorrow morning.:H

Comment

Morning/evening September team!!!

Boozer! Thanks for advice!!! I read about MFS now, but mine problem is rather my sinus and tooth which i have to take out but i postpone. One doctor long time ago proposed me to do a surgery for my sinus - i always didn' t have time, than money and so on..It' s time to get serious about my health...

Hi jenny!!
        If it's your photo in avitar - you look so young and chearful!!! I like your comparison between AL and Russian roulette!! That' s funny and sad in the same time!! I was never addicted to games, even smoking..I smoke some times but it was easy to quit and really i was never a big smoker..Only one addiction - AL

mylife!!!
        I remember you from winter-spring time, i mean February, when i seriously started to fight with AL.
        Welcome back!! I'm still struggling too but not give up..

My Day 6!! Finally my eyes are open and i can see how much i have to do before leaving to Australia and it' s only 1.5 week...wtf i was doing before???? I guess it was my "old friend Red Wine"
        The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
        /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Evening all,
          Well I have had a really good day today I cant believe how quickly it went which is good when your stuck in an office all day....lol
          I feel so good that I even joined a gym today so I will be off for my first class of body pump tomorrow night....hubbie thinks it is funny but I will show him espically when I get my sexy figure back again :H
          Well I hope you all have a wonderful day/evening
          Take care :l
          ronnie
          xx
          :dancin: enguin:
          starting over

Comment

Can I be the newbie

:new:Need to do something to achieve getting sober and this seem a great way to start.

Comment

Hi smurfett,
              This site is a great site as everyone here understands what everyone else is going through and the amount of support you get here is great. have a look at all the different threads and you can join in any of them. The people here are wonderful.
              ronnie
              xx
              :dancin: enguin:
              starting over

Comment

Count me in

Hi all,

Well i guess i am in after 5 days of the month...well with soberity..I am in

Vy

Comment

Starting day 5! Had a great AL free weekend. Was a little grumpy here and there but it was manageable. Have a great day everyone!!
                  'You might not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you!' - Walt Disney

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. ~Agatha Christie

Comment

Hello Sober Septembers.

I'm now starting Day 2....I hate starting all over again, but hopefully this time it's for keeps.

Jenny, thanks so much for the warm welcome. And I agree with Audrey, you look so pretty and full of positive energy in your avatar! Anyway, I agree, let's get through the end of this year AF to have made this journey worth while! I can completely relate to the Russian Roulette - I think that's what makes it so hard for me, too. Why I can go several times as a "normal" drinnker and then over do it - obvioulsy has to do with addiction finally kicking in that 3rd or 4th time...

It's great to hear from everyone - newbies and oldies alike!

Have a fantastic AF Monday all.

Comment

Hello everybody!!
                      Hi mylife!!!

My Day 6 was successful and honestly i didn' t have cravings..I wonder why?? Ok, i did my yoga for 1 hour, was busy all day, ate healthy, took some supplements..felt very calm which is not very common for me
                      Yes, but i'm alone, at home, no AL..i don' t know what can happen, if i were on holiday, in a nice place with nice and fairly drinking company..if some friend offered me a drink..if i were in a place with free drinks..

Ok, i' ll not continue to guess!!! The present is that i didn' t drink today!!

Wish everybody sober evening!!!
                      The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
                      /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Wow! Audrey. You have beaten your "tricky day 6" I am so very proud of you.:l
                        Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

smurfett;1173830 wrote: :new:Need to do something to achieve getting sober and this seem a great way to start.
                          welcome smurfett, this is a good start:welcome:

Comment

hello everyone, Just checking in off to work in a few minutes. Had a nice af day yesterday (Mon). Looking fwd to notching up another day today af. Keep strong everyone!!! Have read all your posts thanks everyone. will check in pm later tdy:goodjob:.

Comment

Hello Everyone, Just finsihed work and wanted to check in (Day 3 A/F).Hope you are all achieving your goals and keeping strong.Lets keep it going for each other and notch up as many A/F days as possible for Sept. It allways gets harder for me towards the end of the week. Fridays is usually a bottle or two of wine. I know I am going to need a plan if I am ever going to get through to Sunday A/F .I will be jumping on MWO straight after work Friday looking for support. Will check in again am tommorrow. Best wishes everyone,hope u have a wonderful:wd: A/F Wednesday.

Comment

time to come clean and start the sept challenge again

ended up having a couple of drinks when i went out Sat night, glass of wine Sunday and was so stressed out yesterday that i had three glasses of wine, good thing was i didnt have the desire to drink myself into oblivion infact Saturday night I left the club without finishing one cocktail, so nice to be like a normalie but i know i'm not so instead of being complacent and thinking I am its back to getting on track and being sober for the rest of September
                                WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Working...
                                X