Sober September Challenge!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RONNIE - thanks for that - I can face a miserable, windy and wet Monday in the UK knowing the difference between my Tee and my Base in the ball world!!! LOL!!!! Well done getting up and dusting yourself down and starting again. My motto is what's happened has happened, it's in the past - don't look backwards because you'll never look forwards - a long motto I know! Good Luck!
    K9 - well the little monkey came up and bit my bottom on Saturday and nearly cracked (Strictly Come Dancing's fault if you ask me!) but I didn't. Then last night hubbie allowed us to open some red wine - had 2 glasses and could have quite easily done without it! The BAC has certainly taken the "high" out of drinking and I'm hopeful that this week I will have a tick on every day of my
    calendar this week.
    So, out of 12 days - 11 AF and 1 with just 2 glasses of red wine. Not bad I think and at least it was red wine!
    Have a good AF day everybody! Will check in later.
    lol x

Comment

K9Lover;1175544 wrote: Hi All!
      I'm following GottaStop around today. I think it's because his avatar really makes me laugh. :H
      I'm checking in for the first time in a long time, due to technical difficulties. Sober September has a good ring to it! I know we can all do it together.
      PG-I completely relate to your comment about AL sneaking up on you! I've been sober for quite a while (I really should figure out the days...lol), and last night that bastard AL tried to get me thinking that it would be okay to have a beer (ok, who are we kidding, if I had one, I'd have 12!!). Just remember you are stronger than that! Kick those thoughts to the curb where they belong!
      Hope everyone is well and having a great Friday!
      K9
      K9 - Are you with me today? Hope everyone is doing well today:l

Comment

Okay so I had 2 glasses of wine last night for no reason other than I wanted to. At the same time I went against my better judgement. Feel headachy today but I know I won't be finishing the bottle. We can cook with it. Back to day one. Sorry everybody.
        'You might not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you!' - Walt Disney

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. ~Agatha Christie

Comment

Hi Gottastop...I'm with ya!
          Tiredofit - Hang in there. Don't apologize, just pull yourself up and start over! We're here to help.
          Happy Monday Everyone
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Happy Monday September gang!

It was a Happy Monday for me because I woke up without a hangover and with a new resolve that I never want to drink again.

What I don't understand with my drinking is how I can have such a short term memory? When I drink I eventually drink too much and hate myself and hate the way it makes me feel. Then I stop and the memory just fades away and I think "it wasn't so bad" or something along those lines. I think it's some form of brain damage from the alcohol, really.

Anyway, I'm really going to work on remembering all the things I hate about drinking and make it a permanent change this time.

Hope you all have a great day.

Comment

Tiredofit;1176649 wrote: Okay so I had 2 glasses of wine last night for no reason other than I wanted to. At the same time I went against my better judgement. Feel headachy today but I know I won't be finishing the bottle. We can cook with it. Back to day one. Sorry everybody.
              Hey!!!! I would class that as a RESULT, Tiredofit! The fact that a) you only had 2 glasses of wine, b) you felt headachy after only 2 glasses of wine, c) the fat that you know you won't be finishing the bottle and d) you're going to put the rest of the wine to a good cause!!!!! That, I think, is a win all way round!

And - DON'T APOLOGISE!!! You had 2 glasses ...... I guess in your AL days - that would have been just as a loosener!!

Comment

Hi septembers!!!

Mylife!! I feel so much the same about "short memory"
                Yestarday i tried to be AF, but at the end of the day - drink..
                Today was my real Day 1 - didn't drink!! I have to be sober - i have only 2 days left and i have to pack and visit people and spend some really good time with my daughter..i'm leaving Latvia onThursday and have 2 days long travel to Australia..i'm going Riga-Frankfurt (with waitingtime 9.5 hours and plenty time to drink..) - Singapore - Adelaide.. Frankfurt-Singapore flight is 12.5 hours so to be drunk on the board is really bad..and i have to pass australian customs which like to tourch drunk or hungover europeans

Today was hard tomorrow will come more calm...Happy to go the bed sober
                The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
                /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Morning all,
                  Another lovely morning here, good luck on your move to such a lovely Country Audrey,
                  Well I am going to the gym after work but I will be taking easy this time..lol
                  I must get back to my morning rush
                  Hope you all have a lovely day
                  xxx
                  :dancin: enguin:
                  starting over

Comment

Good morning all!!!
                    Ronnie - thank you for wishes!!! Yes ,it' s very nice country and man who loves me, is waiting for me..but i still have fear from unknown and big physical distance which i' ll have with my daughter..thankfuly there is a skype but i really need this physical contact..to caress, to touch, to kiss..she' s 18 but we still do to each other..we have very strong bond..and i'm happy about it..
                    I have to stay sober and to deal with fear sober not drunk...
                    Day 2 for me.. Will be very busy so less possibility for thoughts about wine

Comment

Your man in Australia should be very proud. He is a very lucky to be in love with a girl like you
                      Be strong!:l
                      Can I have a life please, make it a double - I've got some catching up to do!

Comment

Good morning gang.

I had a terrible sleep last night - not because of Al though so that was a good thing. My hubby is out of town and every now and then when he's gone I swear every sound in the house sounds like an intruder. !! Anyway, the good thing is I was AF and am going to go for an early morning walk. Better to be just plain tired than hungover!

Audrey, I wish you the best on your trip! Keep posting here and you'll be okay. I have brought my laptop on flights for entertainment, so you can do that and post here while you are flying! Just think of how great you'll feel to arrive sober and happy to see your man.

Comment

Morning!!! Had a great night watching football but hated seeing my home team lose. Oh well hopefully they can conquer this season. Back to AF and hubby is joining me. He loves his whiskey! But knows when it's time stop for awhile. Hopefully it will be a long while! Have a great day everyone!
                          'You might not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you!' - Walt Disney

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. ~Agatha Christie

Comment

Still
                            You always succeed if you never stop trying.
                            Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

Good morning Septembers!

Jenny, you are doing great! Thanks for checking in!

Tiredofit - that's really nice of your husband to join you. I haven't got there with mine yet. He likes his drinks - but doesn't have a problem. He drinks exactly how I would if it worked for me - a glass of wine every now and then with dinner - AF most of the week - and then maybe a drink or two on a weekend outing. (Sigh) I guess it's just not in my genes!

I feel really good today. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Comment

Day 3 for me!!! Running like crazy to do all before flight..
                                Last minute stress!!! Why??? My character.. but mostly - many days spent just useless in a company with wine

Comment

Working...
                                X