Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second time around

Hi everyone,
    Well this is the second time around that I have been here and I really want to be AF for good this time. About just over a year ago I managed 3 months sober and I felt great, then I had a few problems but I still managed to stay sober so I thought well I have gone through all that and did not hit the bottle so I should be able to just have a few drinks when I feel like it and I wont let it all get out of control like last time.......Well I have had enough of feeling like crap and looking like crap plus I love my family too much to put them through it all again, as it has now got to that stage where enough is enough.
    This is my second day of being AF, like they say "One day at a time" and if it comes to it I will take it one hour at a time if I need to as I am going to beat this. I want my old life back again where I can wake up smilling and enjoy the time with my family, it would be nice to have my friends look up to me again instead of running away from me. Last time I was here I had so much support from everyone on this site and it would be nice if anyone here could help me through this.
    Thank you
    Ronnie xxxx :l
    :dancin: enguin:
    starting over

Second time around

Hey Ronnie! Good to see you back in the saddle again! I know I catch up with you in the other place, but of course could never mention the devils brew there.
    Course you can do this, you have all your reasons and determination in place and also you KNOW what the AF life can hold for you. You will do this
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Second time around

Hi Ronnie,

I feel the same and I am here to help. This is the begining of my first day (again)

take care
      patrice

Comment

Second time around

Hi ya Starting over........and thanks for the welcome back
        Hi Patrice, maybe we can beat this together if you like, its alway good to have someone by your side to help you along.
        I am so determind to do this and I feel better already just by posting my message, but I know I have a long way to go but I have done it before and I will do it again
        xx :h
        starting over

Comment

Second time around

Welcome back ronnie! I had to learn a lot of this the hard way too. Good for you coming back.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Second time around

Welcome back ronnie!

You can do it again
            Drop in the Newbiest Nest thread for more support!

Wishing you the best!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Second time around

Ronnie,

Just wanted to say welcome back, love.

J x

:l
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Second time around

Welcome back Ronnie!

Go for it friend. Catch up with you soon i hope.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Second time around

Thanks guys & Girls for your kind words and welcome
                  Will check in tommorrow but at the mo all is good here
                  xx
                  starting over

Comment

Second time around

Hey Ronnie, been a long time, lovely to see you back......err if you know what I mean.....
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Second time around

I am feeling good this morning but I have a full days work ahead of me and when I get home thats when I normally have a drink.........................but not tonight
                      I reakon I will be jumping straight on here untill my dinner is ready then I will be too full up to do anything....yep that is my plan for tonight
                      Once again thanks for all your support and keep it comming as it really does help
                      Hope you all have a great day and I will check in tonight

xxx
                      starting over

Comment

Second time around

Party time

Hi Ronnie
                        I haven't posted here for ages, but you've inspired me to get motivated again. I've missed being invited to your weekend parties! Shall we celebrate this glorious weather this weekend?

L Y xx
                        :goodtime:
                        There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                        You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Second time around

Sydney guy here,,,day 4 how are my fellow ozzies going????

Comment

Second time around

Hi White
                            All good here thanks, but the weekend always presents a few more challenges. How about you?
                            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
                            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Second time around

Your post is an inspiration Ronnie. I gave up for three months earlier this year. I even managed to stay sober through the death of my dear old mum. I have been modding since May. Sometimes this has been successful sometimes not, and if I am honest I can start to feel a pull back to my old ways. Rather than give in like I would have done before I now know that this place exists so I am checking myself in again as a forum contributor (if you will have me back that is) I am back at work next week after a two week holiday and traditionally the three month slog up to Christmas has been a real difficult time of the year for me with work pressures, driving in the dark for long hours, etc etc I am not going to reach for the bottle. I know that is what causes the depression. So here I am on Day One again. I know the good people here will not judge and will help
                              Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X