Need Encouragment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really, really want to quit! I have tried several times only to fail at some point I am so sick and tired of this. I am on the verge of losing my job, my family, and everything that means anything to me. I used to be the person that everyone came to with a problem, now they are avoiding me. I am starting tapering tomorrow. Would love to go cold turkey, but after what I saw yesterday, that is not an option. Plase pray for me! Pray for strength to resist the temptation, grace for the day, mercy for God's grace, and steady hands. Will update tomorrow.
    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Hi JDG, and welcome! You're in my prayers, and just know this is doable. Take it a day at a time, an hour at a time, or a minute at a time.

There is a lot of information on this link:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f7...wal-13412.html

There are others on this site who have personal experience using these methods, or using medication to help through withdrawal symptoms, and many of them were able to do it at home without going into inpatient care. I did go cold turkey and was OK, but later learned I should have at least checked in with a doctor first. Best to be safe.

Stay safe, and know it can be done and life will get better. Wishing you the very best and much, much love to you, JDG. :l :h
    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Hey, JDG

There are many ways of approaching this battle.

Which options have you considered so far?

The MWO book & supps? (see the banner ads and main website)
      Have you browsed through the holisitc healing section?
      Looked at meds such as baclofen in the Meds Forum?

If you're considering tapering, what is going to be your approach? Having just enough to stave off withdrawal? Or systematically decreasing your intake?

Have you thought of a plan? Even just a list of things that you're going to do to help you say "I'm not going to drink this minute". And the next. And the next.

Good luck and keep us posted!
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hi JDG,

Of course you will be in our thoughts & prayers but you need to do more!

If you haven't already download & read the MWO book from the health Store here.
        You will need to stay very well hydrated, drinks lots & lots of water. Have some some meals ready for yourself. Make sure someone is available to help if the need arises.

And make sure you look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for ideas to help you make your plan.
        Please stay close to MWO, let us know hoew you are doing. A good place to post is the Newbies Nest ~ you'll get lots of support there.

Wishing you th ebest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi JDG!!! You' re just in the right place and everybody will pray (in terms of believe...) for you and others and him/her...I do when i'm sober..And i want to be sober...And i'll do..And you' ll do..
          The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
          /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

JDG - Use EVERY tool you can get your hands on. You are fighting for your life. The fact that you are here looking for help and direction means you have a chance at winning this fight.

Healing is a process. It sure took a long time to wreck my system. I've had to give myself the gift of patience to get through the time that it is taking to get better. And it does get better. In fact, it gets great.

In these days ahead, I encourage you to think about what you are getting.....NOT what you are ''giving up." That is - unless you count "giving up" ....

...the daily damage to your stomach, kidney, pancreas, liver, skin, and colon
            ...the damage to your brain chemistry and circuitry
            ...the damage to your self-respect

What you GET when you stop drinking is incredible. Every aspect of your physical, mental and financial well-being is dramatically improved by being free of alcohol.

Your body will have a chance to heal. It's an amazing instrument. As you help in the biochemical repair by eating right (whole foods - no sugar!) and taking appropriate supplements to stave off cravings and rebuild the endocrine functions...you will feel good about yourself again. You will learn how to feel and deal with all emotions with honesty.

You will have a chance to really enjoy life again. There are a whole bunch of us here who are doing just that.

You can do this.
            Sober for the Revolution!
            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

JDG just wanted to say hi and welcome and let you know you are not alone, we all know how you feel.

I can't give any more advice than what the others have said, Read the toolbox, stay close to the board, drink water, have distractions in place, read a book, take a bath, go for a walk. I found writing my feelings down helped a lot, embarrasing incidents whilst drunk, how I felt the first few days, that gave me something to look back at if I felt like drinking, it;s not an easy road but it is achievable. So many people here care about you.

You have everything to loose through AL and so much to gain without it in your life:l
              WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

good luck...I am no one to give advice as i have failed to stay off booze many times....this site and the advice on it helps me try again, thats all I can do and this time i have 4 days, going for 5 tomorrow...and it stinks at first but for me being drunk is worse....

Comment

Keep going Clockwatcher....Plan...plan...plan...and drink lotsa water.
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Dear JDG -
                    You can do this ... you are ready. All of the advise here is enough to get you going. Tapering advice sounds like a good plan ... but have someone who will check on you for safety AND accountability. It's to easy to never taper in any real sense without someone to check in with.

Prayers going up for you! You can do all things through Christ who gives you strength!
                    Put your hands over your heart - and tell yourself that you are going to guard this essence of who you are with everything. Alcohol opens us up to darkness and depression instantly. You choose love today. Guard it by keeping the poison out of your body. It IS poison.

NF - May 2, 2013 (cig free Jan. 25, 2013)
                    AF - July 31, 2013
                    :lordhelpme:

Comment

I agree prayer helps a lot, I have faith, don't ask me why given my personal adventures, but I do and it helps me especially during these first days when every hour is a call to give up trying to stop and just be one of the guys and kick back and have a couple.....God help us please, especially because God knows I never want to or more accurately am able to stop at a couple.....

Comment

Thanks to you all! I has been a really hard day trying to take only enough to beat the shakes. My plan is to reduce my intake by 2 drinks everyday. Hopefull to be AF on Labor Day. I usually drink anywhere to a pint to 2 pints aday. Is this reasonable? I am drinking lots and lots of water, and taking vitamin supplements, and trying to eat healthy. Keep me in your prayers.
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

WOW you got some GREAT advice. Just want to welcome you and let you know you CAN change your life!
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Not being a medical person I don't know how to answer if that is a reasonable taper. I would call a AA hotline or even "Ask a nurse" hotline in your area. Depending on the State you live in - it may be in the phone book. other wise google it. Since your husband is supportive - how would he feel about your going into a 3 day detox program? Just a thought.

Be careful - but be determined. And get as much help as you can.

Peace and Prayers going up for you
                            Put your hands over your heart - and tell yourself that you are going to guard this essence of who you are with everything. Alcohol opens us up to darkness and depression instantly. You choose love today. Guard it by keeping the poison out of your body. It IS poison.

NF - May 2, 2013 (cig free Jan. 25, 2013)
                            AF - July 31, 2013
                            :lordhelpme:

Comment

Working...
                            X