I started the day out well but now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:new::nutso:This is my first post and well I don't really know what to expect... from what I have read it should all be positive and direct no harsh convictions or anything please.

I started the day out well. Repeating over and over to myself " I will not stop at the store before I pick up my kids" " I will not stop at the store before I pick up my kids" " I will not stop at the store before I pick up my kids"...

Now , even after reading so many posts today.. I have slipped into well I can go to the store because I do not have "XYZ" to go with the wine. I have multiple addictions and when they all converge it is pretty messed up. I am still "functioning" just nowhere near my potential. So I am rationalizing "without "XYZ" I should be fine. Unfortunately I think I am going to lose this argument, if I looked in the mirror I would see in my eyes that It's already won.

I guess if there is an upside it is that I am working on concouring one of my addictions and winning with it so far... today...

I don't know what your other addiction is, so don't know if dangerous withdrawal is a factor. If it's not, then don't give in! Do you have any friends nearby for support? Can you call someone? YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Have you figured out a different route so you don't pass by the store when you go get your kids and return home?

Don't give up. This is hard but it's worth it. To keep going....well, nothing stays the same. It gets worse. And worse and worse. Stop now.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hello & welcome WhydoIdoit!

Glad you found us!
      We do support each other here, I have found the support priceless.

When I found MWO I was pretty much lost too. I started by downloading the MWO book from the Health store here. Give it a read, it has good info.
      I was advised to make a plan for myself too. Here's a link for the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html which is full of great ideas to help you make your plan.

Please drop in the Newbies Nest thread in this same section for more support. There are lots of people there just getting started as well.

Don't give up, yuo can do this too!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Every victory builds on it's self! Good job not stopping at the store!! It will be even easier next time! Your building endurance! You can do this! YOU CAN!!
        Put your hands over your heart - and tell yourself that you are going to guard this essence of who you are with everything. Alcohol opens us up to darkness and depression instantly. You choose love today. Guard it by keeping the poison out of your body. It IS poison.

NF - May 2, 2013 (cig free Jan. 25, 2013)
        AF - July 31, 2013
        :lordhelpme:

Comment

Working...
        X