First Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Day

I have had a day without and reading posts on this site helps realise I can keep away from drink. Tomorrow is another day and I want to keep going. How long does it take to start getting easier or doesn't it get easier?:new:

First Day

Hi planter02,

Welcome to MWO!
    Yes, it does get easier with time but don't expect an overnight miracle. You have to do the work but the rewards are wonderful

If you haven't already download the MWO book from the Health store here on the site.
    You also need to make a good plan for yourself. Here's a link for the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for lots of great ideas to help you with your plan. I loved the MWO Hypno CDs too & highly recommend them.

Congrats on your decision & your first AF day! You have a good start, keep going!
    Please drop in the Newbies Nest thread for more support.

Wishing you the best!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

First Day

Hi Planter02

The first 7 days are the hardest. I was wishing the hours away all 7 days. After that - I found many hours during the day that I would be totally fine with maybe an hour of "thinking about drinking". It was and is during those times that I have to be VERY careful - as I can UNWIND a good thing in a very short time. It's strange, how powerful those moments can be. I find that when I've "overcome" those times where I truly am thinking about drinking ... I am most proud of myself.

I do however think that everyone is different. It may depend on what your drinking habits are/were, and what your true triggers are.

Best to you - you can do it!!
      Put your hands over your heart - and tell yourself that you are going to guard this essence of who you are with everything. Alcohol opens us up to darkness and depression instantly. You choose love today. Guard it by keeping the poison out of your body. It IS poison.

NF - May 2, 2013 (cig free Jan. 25, 2013)
      AF - July 31, 2013
      :lordhelpme:

Comment

First Day

Second Day

It is sometime since I went 2 days and although my resolve faded at the start of wine hour (5pm) I managed to stick it out. I feel better this morning for it and reading on this forum that 7 days is a goal that is what I am going to try to do. I just want the Monkey Off My Back. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

First Day

Planter2 I am there with you!!! New to this myself 2nd day..we can do it together!!!guy from Sydney Australia...keep in touch

Comment

First Day

Hi and wecome to mwo planter2 and white or health,This is a great community with lots of good advice and great support,Getting a plan and goal in place is a must,even if its a goal a day it all helps.keep reading and posting your thoughts and feelings as we can all relate to what your going through,There are many people here who are beating this monster and it can be done,Give yourself a chance, Goodluck.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
            X