Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3, a little background and a BIG thanks

Hi everyone.
    Today is day 3 for me. I haven't made it to day 3 since this last June (I made 5 whole days) and prior to that, I couldn't tell you when...probably May of 2008 when I gave birth to my youngest DD. My oldest DD will by 14 next month, the exact day of my anticipated...wait, no, EXPECTED, 30 days AF. I am doing this for them as much as myself. I have taken so many risks, driven when I shouldn't (REALLY REALLY shouldn't), risked my job as a nurse, spent more money than we have, risked my kids lives, my lives, the list goes on. As of my last drunk on 9/20, I was drinking upwards of 1/2 of a 1.75 bottle of vodka..maybe a few beers thrown in for good measure. I was hiding vodka mixed with gatorade or vitamin water all over the place so the amount in the 'main' bottle in the freezer didn't go down too quickly. Husband drinks too, but is much more controlled and functional than I. Sometimes I was too shaky in the AM to draw patients blood, or drive to their house for that matter, so I'd have a drink or two to steady my nerves. I NEVER stopped drinking once I started, so that meant that my day better end early so I could get to drinkin. The things I've said and done over the years amaze me now that I have a teeny bit of clarity. I grew up in an alcoholic family...just about EVERY relative at least a 'problem' drinker.

I have been reading the Tool Box like crazy, all the old posts, I do have Ativan that I'm using in the evening and hopefully will not need by tomorrow. I am surprised with all that I was taking in that I haven't had worse withdrawal symptoms. I know the 5 day deal, so I'm watching my BP and general 'status'

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and say THANK you to the wonderful supportive people here, especially in the Newbies Nest. I have moved in and I brought all my stuff, so I ain't leavin'!

xoxo
    AF 9/28/11

CONGRATULATIONS ON DAY 3, GARDENGAL!! KEEP IT GOING!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

We've gotcha gardengal
      Keep up the great work!!!!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Whoopee Gardengal, right on my tail at day 4! Doing this now when you're children are still young is great - happy memories for them, and you!!!!!
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Congrats on day 3! I relate to your post. I'm on day 1. My head is spinning, my heart is racing and I'm sweating. I got DUI this past year. I recently got my license back. I feel like crap. I have done so many crazy things while drunk. My current dilemma is my pending divorce. Papers are going to be signed tomorrow. Oh.... I had to call out of work today because I was shaking so badly. I work in a medical environment also. I had the shakes so bad that I knew I was unable to perform my job.
          September 23, 2011

Comment

:yougo::yougo:CONGRATULATIONS GARDENGAL ON 4 DAYS AF!!!:yougo::yougo:

Keep it going one day at a time!

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X