Hi All!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All!

I am posting here today because I want to give EVERYONE encouragement- 3 years ago tomorrow, I joined MWO. I had hit rock bottom, and without going into the details, I thought for all purposes that I would forever LOOSE my battle with AL.

Well fast forward 3 years, and I want to let everyone know I am WINNING my battle. Notice I say Winning- Not WON. I will never Completely win, Many more days are better than others- but the good days outweight the bad days, and I am 100% better than I was 3 years ago.
    SO my reason for posting here is to all of you NEWbees encouragement- it will get better. I finally figured that the beast will never go away, but Each day I am able to fight him off is a winning day
    Good luck to you all!
    DLW
    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
      Today is a Mystery
      Tomorrow is a GIFT

Hi All!

Thank you, dlw. I needed the encouragement.
    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hi All!

dlw - thanks for letting us know how you're doing. You sound really positive and upbeat! Congratulations on your hard-won progress!

Comment

Hi All!

Thanks for the encouragement, DLW. So good to hear that three years later you are so much better.
        Free at Last
        "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
        http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Hi All!

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing sharing the positivity!!
          ?I thought I'd begin by reading a sonnet by Shakespeare, but then I thought, why should I? He never reads any of mine.?

Comment

Hi All!

Everyone, here is the advise I take for myself- take it one day at a time, and if that seems impossible, try a half day at a time, and if that seems to hard, take it hour by hour, and if that seems lifetime- take it minute by minute.. And stay close to my way out when it really gets tough, we are all here for each other!
            DLW
            Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
            And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
              Today is a Mystery
              Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Working...
            X